Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Recall for Qtech/Jix helmets from Quads Inn

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:19 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Recall for Qtech/Jix helmets from Quads Inn Reply with quote

Moar novelty dethlidz. Tut Tut

https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/council_information/media_hub/media_releases/councils-recall-of-unsafe-helmets.aspx

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:33 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. Lovely self certification. What could possibly go wrong? Oh, that.

So the council will track you down and tell you to stop wearing your lid. There's been a recall... only... well you just have to stop wearing it ok?

I'm genuinely gobsmacked a local council trading standards found the manpower and budget to even look at something like this. Whatever were they thinking? I can't help but suspect Quads Inn must have somehow pissed them off. I wonder if they set up an offroad track within earshot of the council chairmans house or something?

Tune in next time for our follow up "CE motorcycle clothing labelling and why it is meaningless.".

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:45 - 21 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's some shower of cunts found a way tp.make.a.fast buck/yen And the council want it to stop.

The deal smacks of Ching Ching Kwality Components. Made for under a tenner sold for 50 quids..

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:36 - 21 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, what's to stop it happening again and again?

If someone gets potatoed wearing one, the company's already gone under, so no compo.

Even if they were still trading, if the lids come ECE labelled, how were they to know that they were novelty lids? I've never found a way to verify where or when or whether any lid has actually been tested. The closest I've seen was an E13 stamp on a visor which implies that it might have been tested in Luxembourg. Or might not.

SHARP is a pretty good indication as they buy retail lids, but that lets the novelty and off-brand ones onto the market until / unless they're eventually tested.

And it makes a whopping mockery of the pending requirement for CE labelling for all bike gear. As mr wheel has pointed out, you can get CE labels that are fully CE compliant (the label, not the garment).

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:30 - 21 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

My Italian Airoh J106 helmet has a SUPER narrow profile, minimal impact layer and tiny shell with a removable chin guard and claims to conform to both P and J specifications.

Frankly, it's so thin compared to any helmet I've seen made after the mid 1980's, I can't see how it possibly can conform to the same standards. It's not been sharp tested.

So there's a project. This lid claims to be approved to both P and J standard. Has it passed any tests to prove it?

Look how tiddly it is!
https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/stinkwheel/airoh/1CIMG1650_zpsed0cc02a.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1