BCF: Bike Chat Forums

XLMOTO Backpack.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered the one linked without the XLmoto branding. Worth a try, I pay about that for a rucksack for work every 6 months anyway.

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see others have been receiving theirs. UKMail have made a complete bollock of delivering mine.

Day it was supposed to arrive, the driver took it back to the depot despite being told to leave it in a safe place, and not needing a signature. Was due to be delivered the next day, but didn't because of the weather. Fair enough, no problem there.

But then they were supposed to deliver it the following Monday (5th). Didn't turn up. Enquired, and got about 9 automated responses, all with different code numbers...?!

Enquired again, and eventually the response is 'parcel damaged, contact your sender'. WTF? How about YOU contact the fucking sender seeing as you fucking broke it you fucking twats? Jesus.

Go on website to try and find out what it was (still not sure if it's the backpack, but as it hasn't turned up i have to assume it is) but it won't recognise the consignment number, or the card number. Try calling, can't talk to a person as it's all automated and tells me nothing i don't already know.

Try the site again. Despite the consignment/card nmber being totally correct it won't let me post, saying those numbers don't exist. Fuck. Keep trying, and at last it accepts the number(s) but then the enquiry/complaint refuses to submit as it keeps telling me only certain characters are allowed...despite there being nothing but normal characters in it! FFS.

So in the end mailed XLMoto and let them sort it out. Mailed today so hopefully a reply on Monday. If they can't sort it out i'll have me money back.

UKMail? Fucking bag o' shite. Thumbs Down

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave mine a run out today.

Opening is weird, will take getting used to, Lots of room compared to your average £10-£15 backpack.

Waist strap is a bollock ache unless done up, get's caught on the bike.
Seems decent enough for the money, we'll have to see how it lasts. I average 6-9 months for a pack.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much - but you don't want to be putting hard heavy things in, you'll fuck yourself up if you bin it.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shank69 wrote:
Wow looks very neat indeed- I've just ordered both versions
One for me and one for the missus

How is Dagmar these days?

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:49 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Pretty much - but you don't want to be putting hard heavy things in, you'll fuck yourself up if you bin it.

This is true... I can show you the X-rays and the wheelchair time ain't that nice!

I'd possibly use a hard-shell backpack in the future, but never a normal back pack again for riding. Top Box, panniers or strapped to the back seat for me, ta.

A tenner seems good, but then how strong can it really be? How much material does £10 get you? Would you put a laptop in it?
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:
I'd possibly use a hard-shell backpack in the future, but never a normal back pack again for riding.

Does a hard shell help prevent injury? Looking at the backpack I'd have thought it's to protect the contents, and you'd still sustain whatever injury. Also I thought it was the straps that caused problems.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:55 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
TheMadRatter wrote:
I'd possibly use a hard-shell backpack in the future, but never a normal back pack again for riding.

Does a hard shell help prevent injury? Looking at the backpack I'd have thought it's to protect the contents, and you'd still sustain whatever injury. Also I thought it was the straps that caused problems.

Twasn't the straps that hurt me - t'was the 20ish kg of tools. Well, I suppose the fact that the straps didn't break... it was the contents.

If the part of the bag between the contents and your back is armoured or even just padded then it's better than just using a backpack.

Plus with a hard case, there appears to be less likelihood of a sharper implement puncturing you (or leaving the bag and injuring someone else).

Like I said, I'd use a good hard case bag (on the proviso that there is some padding/armour between the contents and your back - a hard case backpack leaves a lot more room, and makes it easier for items to move about inside), but I think a bag for a tenner isn't likely to provide that.

I suppose it doesn't matter now - got rods and pedical screws holding my back together - s'not gonna happen twice Very Happy
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:
If the part of the bag between the contents and your back is armoured or even just padded then it's better than just using a backpack.

Plus with a hard case, there appears to be less likelihood of a sharper implement puncturing you (or leaving the bag and injuring someone else).

Like I said, I'd use a good hard case bag (on the proviso that there is some padding/armour between the contents and your back - a hard case backpack leaves a lot more room, and makes it easier for items to move about inside), but I think a bag for a tenner isn't likely to provide that.

Nope. My regular backpack has more padding than the XLmoto one. I have carried tools that way but I definitely wouldn't do it on a regular basis.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:39 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I find finding a normal backpack for a tenner is hard to do, getting a decent quality hard shell one for the same, I reckon, means they must have skimped on quality somewhere.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:51 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems ok for a tenner they've skimped on the straps which seem a bit flimsy but i'm pleased with the rest of it.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:02 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone fancy testing one to it's limits for us?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:

I volunteer bodytard to do some destructive testing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:30 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
I volunteer bodytard to do some destructive testing.

*whoooosh* I'm over 6 ft, and that one went right over my head...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:

If you buy me a replacement Razz

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:47 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
TheMadRatter wrote:

If you buy me a replacement Razz

I'll buy me own and have fun putting it through it's paces if that's the final offer!

'cor, I dunno... you come to BCF for some genuine consumer advice and you're expected to pay for it Laughing

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

wots wrote:
Bought one, after a colleague hooked me up via hotukdeals. Then found it here.

Though I do have Kriega stuff, this is cheap and handy to leave under my desk for when I forgot to bring a bag in.

intrigued... if you forgot your bag with your stuff in it... what are you taking home in the spare bag?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocatoro wrote:
wots wrote:
Bought one, after a colleague hooked me up via hotukdeals. Then found it here.

Though I do have Kriega stuff, this is cheap and handy to leave under my desk for when I forgot to bring a bag in.

intrigued... if you forgot your bag with your stuff in it... what are you taking home in the spare bag?

Stuff he's stolen that day obviously Rolling Eyes

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

£15 Kriega US-30 liner placed inside el-cheapo rucksack is a winner, no?
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2