Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Inside Britain’s Moped Crime Gangs (BBC Three)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:56 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pooterer wrote:
i would argue it would still be cheaper than housing them in prisons and better for society on the whole as a deterrent and stopping further criminal action.

I have a Final Solution which would be cheap and a better deterrent. Wink

pooterer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:03 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
pooterer wrote:
i would argue it would still be cheaper than housing them in prisons and better for society on the whole as a deterrent and stopping further criminal action.

I have a Final Solution which would be cheap and a better deterrent. Wink

taking a life over theft, personally i find excessive (even though i've joked about it). I think losing a hand is appropriate and "fits" the crime. I'm not talking about a one time when someone steals a loaf of bread to feed themselves when they cant afford it, im talking about repeat offenders on serious crimes.

This coming from a guy who had his bike stolen btw. I was there, wish i got a hold of one of em.... Evil or Very Mad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:05 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say to kill them but it's an interesting suggestion. Thumbs Up

pooterer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:13 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I didn't say to kill them but it's an interesting suggestion. Thumbs Up

now im interested.... what was it?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pooterer wrote:

i know they will but thats part of the problem. To do whats right is too easily overwritten by whats "nice".

Yup, feelings have been trumping facts and common sense solutions to problems for a fair while now.
Hell/handcart etc.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:28 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just going to remove their hands before shipping them off to a small island somewhere.

But you're right, killing them would be cheaper.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:59 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very sad that what was a great insight into bike crime, its motivation and some of the possible solutions has degenerated into nothing other than a nasty racially motivated hate diatribe.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 05:50 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My solution is a non-discriminatory equal opportunities solution suitable for all thieves. Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
...has degenerated into nothing other than a nasty racially motivated hate diatribe.

It's called frustration and venting.
Or should we be happy our bikes are being violently stolen while we are peacefully going about our business?
The Police do fkall, if by some miracle a bike thief lands in their laps the CPS let them go with a typical soft sentence.
All that leaves is vigilantism or fantasy. The two things we have to actually protect us and our property and keep
scum off the streets aren't worth a toss. Too busy tracking and prosecuting people who say mean things on the
internet, 'offence crimes' are far easier pickings, the evidence is under their nose and they don't have to get cold and
wet chasing knife and acid wielding career criminals who are targeting ordinary folk. And statistics are statistics, it's not
middle class college students doing this, it's nasty violent underclass that is rife in the inner cities that only respect
violence, anything else is a sign of weakness. Until we fight fire with fire, it will get worse. And yes, it is a predominantly
black thing, it just has the peculiar feature that when it is white kids, they have adopted the black gang member mentality
to gain acceptance by those they fear, but through circumstance have to live alongside. Basically if you aren't a hunter then
you're prey. That's the mindset.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:08 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
I find it very sad that what was a great insight into bike crime, its motivation and some of the possible solutions has degenerated into nothing other than a nasty racially motivated hate diatribe.

Perhaps you would like to contribute to my non existent
exoskeleton crowdfund to make a bike version of the Troy Hurtubise project grizzly suit so that the inner city wildlife won't cause too many troubles on your journey.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:36 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:

Not sure if you include me in this. I feel genuinely conflicted, as some of my former and current best friends are black. However none of them are on this wannabe gangsta shit. The wannabe gangstas make everyone's lives miserable, so I do have a burning hatred for them.

How I see it is stereotypes are true but at the same time you take people as individuals. However I may feel about a group of people due to bad experiences, I still allow the possibility of nice individuals*. Most people seem only able to see things in black and white, hence everyone from <insert area> must be a scumbag etc..

*except for pikeys Very Happy

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:04 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a slightly less violent note ....

People who walk around with headphones in, music on and £500+ worth of phone held loosely in their commuting paws are asking for it to be taken off them. No one would walk around with £500 in their hands, because common sense says that's asking for trouble. So whilst i'm all for lopping off the hands of thieves, people need to help themselves a bit. If a group of commuters manage to grab a hold of one of these idiots and give them a decent kicking in the process of reclaiming their property, they need to be applauded, not dragged before a beak for a lecture / sentence for doing what the law has failed to do.

That said, those who steal by using acid as a method of attack need a life sentence because in most cases, that's what they willingly give their victims. If it was up to me, i'd use them in chain gangs for mine clearance and zero fucks given about how nice a child they were.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's exactly what I said about people leaving unsecured or poorly secured bikes out on the street, and look how well that went down here!

It's not about rights or right and wrong and being able to do as you like without having to worry about your hard earned possessions being taken off you. We know all about the ideals of law and order and respecting others space, possessions and property.

Its in the same vein as what Mr Grrr said, we have to work with the environment we are in and deal with it accordingly, which means not waving around nice stuff in public that we have the right to have. Need to forget about rights and do what we need to survive and in a world we never wanted to be in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:26 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
[It's not really rape if she's drunk and wearing a short skirt]

Message received.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:
[It's not really rape if she's drunk and wearing a short skirt]

Message received.

I get where you are coming from but rape and the theft of a phone is really not in the same category.

Again, that said, people who insist on getting in such a state that they are unable to look after themselves need to have a word with themselves before they find themselves in a situation now beyond their conscious control. State of dress being utterly irrelevant.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

To incorporate Rogers statement into it, carrying around the laptop/phone expensive trinkets in a very risky and notorious place for crime, like parking your trendy scooter on the roadside outside the areas of town where the hoodies hang around is tempting the worst outcome.

Same as the drunk girl in short skirt alone walking down a ghetto Street full of scumbag Albanian pimps, and people that have no respect for white western women. You'd not deliberately go there and not expect your scooter to be pounced on, thrashed hard and abused until it's lifeless before it being dumped in the woods and torched?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about where i am - in the current society, handing over responsibility for your own safety / safety of your possessions seems foolish at best.

The world is full of people looking to profit from your lack of care.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:12 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
People who walk around with headphones in, music on and £500+ worth of phone held loosely in their commuting paws are asking for it to be taken off them. No one would walk around with £500 in their hands, because common sense says that's asking for trouble. So whilst i'm all for lopping off the hands of thieves, people need to help themselves a bit.

As true as all of that might be, it shouldn't be necessary to be paranoid that your phone will get grabbed out of your hands if you're foolish enough to get it out in public (Shocked) in Londonistan.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed agreed etc etc BUT if you insist on working / living / commuting in that hellhole, at least have the common sense to protect yourself against a very well publicised theft.

The only reason they do it is because it's like taking candy from babies.

But then have you seen the state of the zombies who do commute. You could bleed out next to some of them and as long as you weren't bleeding ON them ... i'm not sure they'd even notice.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Agreed agreed etc etc BUT if you insist on working / living / commuting in that hellhole, at least have the common sense to protect yourself against a very well publicised theft.

The only reason they do it is because it's like taking candy from babies.

But then have you seen the state of the zombies who do commute. You could bleed out next to some of them and as long as you weren't bleeding ON them ... i'm not sure they'd even notice.

Oh, they would notice... as long as you don't don't bleed on them, it's Somebody Else's Problem.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:19 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
[It's not really rape or robbery unless you fight back]

Message received.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

That's why when I'm working on my own and wannabe gangsta wants the time (or directions), I say sorry I don't. Little old ladies or middle aged men I'll get my phone out and check for them.

I bet most people would find that utterly abhorrent, I just see it as learning from experience/adapting to your surroundings.

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:42 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this have been anyone on the programme?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/regent-street-smash-and-grab-moped-thugs-wielding-knives-and-samurai-sword-raid-luxury-watch-shop-in-a3792926.html

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:37 - 20 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched this last night. It filled me with an entirely anticipated rage.

Bunch of fcuking cnuts, the lot of 'em.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 20 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powderhead wrote:
Bunch of fcuking cnuts, the lot of 'em.

I actually thought the main guy sounded a little more intelligent than the others.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4