Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just blame Russia...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Just blame Russia... Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Even the foreign secretary is jumping to conclusions...these politicians might be better off keeping their gobs shut.

Even? This is Boris Johnson we're talking about here, you'd have to physically gag him.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:00 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
Wait, they killed Kenny Everet too?

https://youtu.be/RsokGIeQFFI?t=39s
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Just blame Russia... Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
When the PM has joined the band wagon in slagging off Trump, in a vain effort to appeal to Snowflake, anything is possible.

She's just a manager, she does the bidding of those above her in the hierarchy. Trump is not a part of the establishment order, he was not supposed to win. Anything that can either help to depose him or undermine his ability to proceed with his MAGA plan is the agenda for ALL the political and media establishment that all follow the globalist agenda. Sharia May is no different than any of the rest in this regard.

Russia will be the current bogeyman until Putin is gone and a compliant puppet can be installed that will do the bidding of the Rothschild Goldman Sachs axis. They want another Yeltsin, who will get drunk and let the country be fleeced blind. They do not want Putin or someone like this. If so, Russia bad, Russia to blame for everything, and don't you dare say a bad word about M......

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Not remember Litvinenko?

I had a chat with a Russian politician a few years back and this subject came up.
He laughed it off and told me that Polonium 210 is so prohibitively expensive that he would never have been killed with it. By it yes, not with it. He said that the Kremlin could have people killed for wages, anywhere in the world and there was not the slightest chance they would spend millions killing Litvinenko. He said that he probably poisoned himself trying to sell it.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
If you want to take someone out you take them out, you don't need or want a media circus.

Sure you do. This is Putin saying, "Look what I can do on UK soil."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Not remember Litvinenko?

I had a chat with a Russian politician a few years back and this subject came up.
He laughed it off and told me that Polonium 210 is so prohibitively expensive that he would never have been killed with it. By it yes, not with it. He said that the Kremlin could have people killed for wages, anywhere in the world and there was not the slightest chance they would spend millions killing Litvinenko. He said that he probably poisoned himself trying to sell it.

$69 is expensive?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Whilst I would not immediately jump to the conclusion that Putin was responsible for either death, I wouldn't be inclined to believe a Russian politician either. Did he come up with a plausible reason why Litvinenko might be trying to sell Polonium?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
Not remember Litvinenko?

Same shit different day. If you want to take someone out you take them out, you don't need or want a media circus. The Russians are perfectly capable of doing so when they have to. The Polonium method smells of false flag, a drawn out death and some heart rending media pictures for idiots to lap up. A body lying on the floor from a "suspected heart attack" would have gained zero attention in comparison.

Along with the investigation that lead back to Russia and the attempted extradition of suspects? Eh?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Don't know if the latest 'victim' has been active in any way since coming here?

Yes. He was lecturing British military personel on how the soviet secret service operates.

Thing is, briefing a potential enemy on such matters is not the same as persistent attempts to undermine the legitimacy of the actions of a head of state, carried out in as public a way as possible, such as publishing books on the subject, as with Litvinenko; and especially one who runs an autocracy such as Putin does, and wishes to keep hold of the reins of power. It is pretty much accepted that espionage and counter-espionage will be carried out by all nations, and defection is not a new thing. If you want to prevent a defector from giving away state secrets, you kill him before he has a chance to do so, if you can. I wouldn't have thought it would take the Russians 8 years to find an opportunity to do it.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

$69 is expensive?

"Because polonium's radioactivity is so high," says Prof. Zimmerman, "one millicurie of polonium would weigh only 0.2 millionths of a gram."

United Nuclear Scientific Supplies distributes radio-isotopes over the Internet, including polonium-210. But in a recent statement posted on its website, United Nuclear said the only isotopes it sells are an "exempt quantity" amount, meaning the quantities are so small (and they are electroplated on the inside eye of a needle) that they are not considered hazardous by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

United Nuclear does not carry any stock, and any orders it receives are sent to the NRC-licensed reactor in Oak Ridge, Tenn.

It says that one would need about 15,000 of its polonium-210 needles, at a cost of about $1-million U.S., to have a toxic amount.

The high radioactivity shown in the Litvinenko Polonium case would have cost tens of millions.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
$69 is expensive?

"Because polonium's radioactivity is so high," says Prof. Zimmerman, "one millicurie of polonium would weigh only 0.2 millionths of a gram."

United Nuclear Scientific Supplies distributes radio-isotopes over the Internet, including polonium-210. But in a recent statement posted on its website, United Nuclear said the only isotopes it sells are an "exempt quantity" amount, meaning the quantities are so small (and they are electroplated on the inside eye of a needle) that they are not considered hazardous by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

United Nuclear does not carry any stock, and any orders it receives are sent to the NRC-licensed reactor in Oak Ridge, Tenn.

It says that one would need about 15,000 of its polonium-210 needles, at a cost of about $1-million U.S., to have a toxic amount.

The high radioactivity shown in the Litvinenko Polonium case would have cost tens of millions.

All of which makes it next to ridiculous to suggest Litvinenko poisoned himself trying to sell the stuff. Not even a serious attempt at deflecting the blame.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:59 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Ruskies don't f**k about:
https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/375/cpsprodpb/E7C2/production/_100303395_f30d5446-d629-4a23-8317-da04a080c5fa.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43299598

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Fizzoid wrote:
Former, as in no longer kept in the loop as to what may, or may not be happening then...

Or maybe "former" because no current MI5 or MI6 officer would be talking to the press unless they fancied early retirement? Think about it for a minute eh....

I know you like dishing out advice, but you should really take some of your own advice, before making statements like this, that contradict what you're saying!

To try and explain it, because again, simple facts have gone over your head...

You are absolutely right, no current MI5 or MI6 officer would be talking to the press right now about this...

So what you're saying, which is the point I'm making, is that anyone that might actually know what's been going on with this guy, won't be saying anything!

You do realise you're actually arguing with yourself?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a little bit of sneaking admiration for Putin? I do. In fact I have a lot of respect for him.

He does what he thinks is in Russia's best interests, nothing else matters.

So he knocked off a traitor, good on him, that's what you should do to traitors.

And if we don't go to the world cup I will truly be pissed off as I am looking forward to it.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
All of which makes it next to ridiculous to suggest Litvinenko poisoned himself trying to sell the stuff. Not even a serious attempt at deflecting the blame.

There was obviously a leak of radiation as traces were found even on a plane that was used to transport it.

Radiation poisoning can be fatal, as it was in this case.

The point the guy was making, is that there is no chance polonium would be chosen, it's far too expensive. It would be like firing a machine gun with 2 carat diamond tipped bullets to kill someone. A pointlessly expensive endeavour that just wouldn't have happened.

There are plenty of cheap and highly toxic poisons freely available to the Russian government.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:36 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Does anyone have a little bit of sneaking admiration for Putin? I do. In fact I have a lot of respect for him.

I do, he is loved by the Russian people, in a way we have no comprehension. They truly adore him. He has the interests of the people at the heart of everything he does.

He is always made to look the bad buy, but the reality is not so clear cut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMEWf5JsG9U

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:01 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
$69 is expensive?

Russia produces 8 grammes of Polonium 210 per month and the lethal dose is 0.6 Millionths of a gramme, doesn't sound like a big problem.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/polonium-is-costly-undetectable-trillion-times-more-toxic-than-cyanide/article18179025/

To my mind the cost and difficulty to obtain limits it's use to state sponsored attacks.

Last edited by Monkeywrencher on 12:02 - 08 Mar 2018; edited 1 time in total

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:01 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polomium is used in the trigger of some types of nuclear bomb.

When I heard it had been smuggled into the country and used in a political assasination, I was in no doubt what sort of message it was sending.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

There was obviously a leak of radiation as traces were found even on a plane that was used to transport it.

Yes, I have read accounts of the case.

Pjay wrote:
Radiation poisoning can be fatal, as it was in this case.

I don't want to sound like I'm having a go, but can't think of a better way to put it: Well, doh! Smile

Pjay wrote:
There are plenty of cheap and highly toxic poisons freely available to the Russian government.

But:

stinkwheel wrote:
When I heard it had been smuggled into the country and used in a political assasination, I was in no doubt what sort of message it was sending.

At the time of Litvinenko's anti-Putin activities, Putin was still in the process of establishing his power base. He probably still felt vulnerable to attacks on his character and methods, so Litvinenko was perceived as a threat. Perhaps he did feel he needed to send a clear message: I'm here to stay, and I can reach you anywhere.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:07 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Stuff

So you think it's plausible the russians used a weapon that cost in excess of $10m to kill one man, when they could have had the job done for next to nothing in relative terms?

It seems ridiculous to me.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:08 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Same here.

Edit: The karma isn't for the bit about the World Cup though; I hate football Laughing

Last edited by chickenstrip on 13:11 - 08 Mar 2018; edited 1 time in total

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
Russia produces 8 grammes of Polonium 210 per month and the lethal dose is 0.6 Millionths of a gramme, doesn't sound like a big problem.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/polonium-is-costly-undetectable-trillion-times-more-toxic-than-cyanide/article18179025/

To my mind the cost and difficulty to obtain limits it's use to state sponsored attacks.

The production of Polonium is what makes it expensive.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35