Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just blame Russia...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You're not serious are you? Do you read any of this thread before asking the same questions again and again and again?

The reasons for Russia involved in Salisbury being hard to believe have been trotted out several times.

As for not understanding the conflict of interest between the two pipelines, you're not serious are you? Which bit don't you understand about Russia wanting more control over the Europe's gas supply and the UK/EU/US wanting Europe to be less dependant on Russia, at a time where both Russia and the EU want control of Ukraine?

I presume you're just joking to get a response now?

Please indulge me and answer the questions I have asked in that post, or ignore me totally if you prefer. I'm not interested in emotional responses from you.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proximity of Porton Down in my view has nothing to do with the Skripal poisoning case. Even the fact that the Skripal's have (thus far) survived, likely isn't the most important thing to the Russians in my view. Any harm done by him passing on Russian state secrets will already have been done ages ago, given the amount of time Skripal has resided in the UK. This is what makes me think that it was first and foremost about reinforcing the message regarding what happens to traitors. That message is clear, mission accomplished. They might have preferred it if it had killed him, perhaps Putin is even gnashing his teeth at the failure to do that, but I think that will be seen as a detail by him in retrospect. The person or persons who actually 'applied' the agent have not been caught, which gives him the plausible deniability which is desirable when dealing with western accusations.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:32 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chickenstrip"

Why do we need to stop the Russians from building a pipeline through Syria? Why not just go ahead with our own preferred choice and just not 'plug in' to a Russian/Syrian one for Europe? I fully admit that I am not very conversant with the details of proposed oil and gas supply options to Europe, so perhaps you could fill me in a little, with some references I can go to, to find out more for myself (again, preferably something a little more in-depth than a couple of articles in the news media, although if they point me to further such reading, that'd be useful), and preferably also something that is not partisan within the politics of the thing, but lays out all the proposed options with their advantages and disadvantages to each party involved.

[/quote]

The Pipe always has to go through Syria, that's the rub, we want it to start in Qatar where we have an Influence, Assad has only approved one starting from Iran where putin has influence and they hate America.

This link seems to best fit...

https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/is-the-fight-over-a-gas-pipeline-fuelling-the-worlds-bloodiest-conflict/news-story/74efcba9554c10bd35e280b63a9afb74

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:44 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Because Europe is being invaded by millions of intolerant Islamic migrants and changed for the worse, using events like Syria as an excuse.
We've meddled in several countries out there and only made the problem worse, every time we try ot displace a dictator and replace them with our failed version of democracy. Even the EU see Islamic extremism as the biggest threat to Europe today.

Putin was helping Assad almost win, putting an end to the war and death, plus defeating ISIS in the process. Now we're got involved, this shit will drag on for years and Britain will be Islamified in my lifetime.

No what you've written there is the reason it would have been better if Putin hadn't got involved in the pipeline situation in the first place, exerting outside influence to protect his interests and sparking a proxy war between rich arab states that partially caused the rise of Isis in the first place.

You need to tell us why you want Putin to be in control of Europes gas supplies.

Last edited by Monkeywrencher on 17:24 - 18 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:47 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
The proximity of Porton Down in my view has nothing to do with the Skripal poisoning case.

No, it was probably shear effing coincidence, that the only place in the UK to store and deal with nerve agents, just happened to be the next village.

No coincidence at all.

As I mentioned early on in this thread. One of the ways Skripal earned a living was by lecturing/training British military personel on the workings of the Russian espionage machine. Those lectures are usually done in the vicinity of Sailsbury, one of the main military training areas in the UK.

As it happens, they also like to keep the main NBC weapons research and decomissioning facility close by to high concentrations of military bases and close to the firing ranges and exercise areas where the things were initially tested (which yeild the largest number of unexploded chemical shells that need to be decomissioned, some dating back to WW1).

Like most people, Skripal chose to live near his place of work.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israel-Natural-Gas-Lines-could-help-build-European-pipeline-539657

Is this a viable alternative? Could Israel be used to bypass Syria?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

No coincidence at all.

As I mentioned early on in this thread. One of the ways Skripal earned a living was by lecturing/training British military personel on the workings of the Russian espionage machine. Those lectures are usually done in the vicinity of Sailsbury, one of the main military training areas in the UK.

As it happens, they also like to keep the main NBC weapons research and decomissioning facility close by to high concentrations of military bases and close to the firing ranges and exercise areas where the things were initially tested (which yeild the largest number of unexploded chemical shells that need to be decomissioned, some dating back to WW1).

Like most people, Skripal chose to live near his place of work.

I think what mpd is trying to say is why would the Russians carry out the poisoning close to where the ability to quickly identify the agent, and also get help to the victims, would be readily at hand.
But then again, think of the prestige of achieving it under the very noses of such a facility and high concentrations of other military establishments.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell Donk, who is trying to explain to everyone how evidence and proof works, that he needs to learn about burden of proof before he tries being a smart arse.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Ha, ha, ha! The BBC carrying a pro EU opinion? Never!

Here's a clue; all this stuff you imagine and then post without citation or Occam's Razor isn't truth. Keep going though, you're hilarious.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

What I want is our leaders to be honest about what’s going on for a fecking change.

Laughing

It doesn't matter what our leaders tell you or what they present you with, if doesn't support your agenda, you just ignore it or dismiss it as lies.

while continuing to spout what ever half baked theory you plucked out your arse today, most of which conveniently require no proof what so ever.

Vegas shoot was an IS patsy
last week you where convinced the EU or IS poisoned skripal to derail brexit
Now uk.gov did to fit up Russia and launch some proxy war in syria

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing You've just confirmed Duhawkz's last comments. Rolling Eyes All those issues you've raised have been addressed but you don't listen, you just keep repeating them. I give up.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing You've just confirmed Duhawkz's last comments. Rolling Eyes All those issues you've raised have been addressed but you don't listen, you just keep repeating them. I give up.

It depends who's propaganda you want to believe. You clearly believe the EU/US/UK propaganda.
To me, this seems so hard to believe this time and makes so little sense, that I'm not prepared to take it as fact.

Exactly the same thing happened from our government when we invaded Iraq. Blair said he wouldn't go in without proof and the backing of the country. The next day, he then took us into a disastrous illegal war, with no proof and against the will of the people he was supposed to serve.
The WMD claim was false, much like I expect the latest "Assad used chemical weapons on civilians" excuse will be.

Oh, so you've no proof either then?

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Oh, so you've no proof either then?

Never stopped him before...

Anyway, I'm pinning it on that ISIS cell that operated recently in Las Vegas

I mean, both the West & Russia are targeting ISIS, so why not get them to fight each other instead?

Sum of all Fears anyone?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/20/las-vegas-shooting-police-report-gunman-motive-mystery-stephen-paddock

Its sounds like the vegas shooter was the paragon of mental health and stability.

Last edited by duhawkz on 18:33 - 19 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:33 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I see the Salisbury event has now disappeared off the face of the earth, buried under a historic dead donkey, aka the historic windrush government scandal. Oh look Syria seems to have fixed itself too. Not a sniff of either story in the news anymore, well at least not on Al Beeb or any of the radio broadcasts I've heard.

There's lots of articles on Al Beeb about the Salisbury event.

From the last few days:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43643025
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43828580
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43805167
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43798068
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43774132
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-43775552
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 19 of 35