Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just blame Russia...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I suspect it's all over gas pipelines. Russia, who sell 80% of its gas to Europe, want to extend the supply with a pipeline running through Syria. Assad has agreed this, so Russia need him to stay in charge.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/essays/pipelineistan-conspiracy-why-war-syria-was-never-about-gas-144022537

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:40 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
baww baww baww

The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

https://i.imgur.com/EUnFNgQ.gifv
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like this bit

Quote:

Robin Yassin-Kassab, author of Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War, says the Pipelineistan theory also ignores how the conflict started and the early months of the revolution.

"Like all conspiracy theories, it thrives on the absence of content and in-depth knowledge of the country,"

That doesn't sound like anyone we know does it.

I also quite like this bit too

Quote:
"A pipeline has to be economically justifiable and secure demand from buyers in the long-term to recover pipeline costs."

"Maintaining the pipeline and paying transit fees to host countries, in the most optimistic scenario, would cost between $7-$9 per British Thermal Unit (BTU) to reach Europe. LNG is cheaper, even with the most expensive scenario, at $5-$5.50 per BTU."

Such factors all coalesce to make both the Qatari and Iranian suggestions nigh impossible.

But its all about the gas pipes obviously, the pesky impossible, uneconomically viable gas pipes. Right
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Did you even read that? It's all speculation, misinformation and opinion. Have a read at the comments at the bottom, or have a look at who's behind that website.

I wonder why they might have an agenda? Oh, here you go.

Quote:
Despite Hearst's denial of affiliation between the MEE and any governments or organizations, several members of the Muslim Brotherhood are affiliated with the Middle East Eye,[3][4] and many of the MEE's articles have been supportive of the Brotherhood itself. In April 2016, the Middle East Eye published an article defending the Muslim Brotherhood against its detractors.[5]

In February 2017, the Middle East Eye also reported on potential measures against the Muslim Brotherhood by US senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), quoting criticism of such measures by Shadi Hamid.[6] Also in February 2017, the Middle East Eye published an article criticizing and attacking US proposals to designate the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization.[7] Hanan Chehata, a regular contributor to the Middle East Eye, has also referred to people supporting secularism as "secular fanatics".[8] Rori Donaghy, a former MEE journalist, is connected to Anas Altikriti, the CEO and founder of the Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated Cordoba Foundation.[9] Additionally, according to The Guardian, the MEE has been noted by Saudi Arabia as a news outlet funded by Qatar (both directly and indirectly);[10] the Qatari government is regarded as a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas.

On 22 June 2017, during the 2017ā€“18 Qatar diplomatic crisis, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Egypt and Bahrain, as part of a list of 13 demands, demanded that Qatar close the Middle East Eye, which was seen as sympathetic to the Muslim Brotherhood. The Middle East Eye denied it has ever received Qatari funds.

Islamic political propaganda. How nice...

https://www.ikhwan.whoswho/en/archives/854

Why do you think Russia are backing Assad? Was he the best man at Putin's wedding then?

https://www.truth-out.org/news/item/37685-the-war-against-the-assad-regime-is-not-a-pipeline-war

And as to why Russia backs Syria, neither mention gas pipelines

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/09/05/the-four-reasons-russia-wont-give-up-syria-no-matter-what-obama-does/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f6a8babd0284

https://www.thenational.ae/opinion/syria-is-more-important-to-russia-than-to-the-us-1.12171

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it's not about oil and it's not about terrorists, it's about this:

https://media.theweek.com/img/generic/MajorBases.jpg

The encirclement of Russia and China.

Can we at least all agree it's absolutely nothing to do with Theresa May deciding, in the space of about three days, that she wants to save a handful of innocent civilians in a country 2000 miles away.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

More reliable than whatever drugs you're taking to make yours up.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Well if it's not about oil and it's not about terrorists, it's about this:

https://media.theweek.com/img/generic/MajorBases.jpg

The encirclement of Russia and China.

Well that's the basic idea, according to Brzezinski the US must dominate central Eurasia before it declines as the last superpower. In reality this means the hegemony and dominance of Western Central Bankers and Corporations, the mafia that decide the future plans and policy at the Bilderberg group and other globalist institutions of power. The Russians need Tartus as a warm water port in the med, which gives them influence in the region. Israel wants Syria destroyed and fragmented, in order to seize the Golan heights, and claim more lebensraum. The ragheads can fight each other among the ruins and will be no threat. Israel will as always play the factions, and if any dare retaliate will claim the eternal victim. Saudi Arabia wants to expand the Wahhabist empire of Snackbar, and kick out Iran from the region, exterminate or expel any Christians, Shia or other apostates that don't worship Alan or have the wrong sauce at the Holy Snackbar. Iran wants to maintain the existence of it's ally, since it knows it is next in the neocon cross hairs as soon as Syria as an entity is gone.

Quote:
Can we at least all agree it's absolutely nothing to do with Theresa May deciding, in the space of about three days, that she wants to save a handful of innocent civilians in a country 2000 miles away.

Think of those poor children. If all arguments fail then we're doing it for those poor children. Just not any of the ones that die in our bombing or missile strikes, they're just collateral damage. We have to break some eggs when we go to war for regime change, corporate imperium and resources humanitarian purposes.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Are we playing a game of Googling propaganda now?

Dismissing anything that doesnt support your agenda as propaganda and lies, thats not like you.

Its a shame you didn't put as much effort into understanding GDPR.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
Saudi Arabia wants to expand the Wahhabist empire of Snackbar

It'll be interesting to see if the new chap in charge actually alters this in some way. I'm not holding my breath, but you never know...

Hey, fuck it, every country is going to be jostling for resources as they become more scarce. If I thought I had another 20 years in me, I'd be all for us grabbing our share. As it is, I'm in the enviable position of not really having to care that much Laughing

My politics come from what I find interesting, hence you never see me in the other political threads. But today, I got out on my bike, so who gives a shit Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so hard to read comments when it's all sarcasm, insults and taunts. I don't bother anymore if I get that sense from them. Sad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You were one of two in that thread playing IT billy big bollocks, both posting contradicting information and both thinking you knew it all. so at least one of you was talking shite.
The industry is full of knobheads who think they're experts, but know feck all. That's the main reason I choose to work for myself.

No i wasn't

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Note that I've not once said anything about you being that loser kid living with his mum in a council house paying lower rents than the local average while having the gall to complain about it in classic #metoo faux-poverty Guardian reader style... because it's really beside the point and probably not even accurate. A bit like your attempt at calling me some kind of, I don't know, media piracy proponent who agrees with internet censorship? I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

Apart from now? Eh? You'll notice I never followed MPDs lead in insulting you for being a mature student, because why would I? Confused I also think it's truly moronic for one member of the peasant class to judge another.

The point is (I thought) fairly obvious if you read my other post. You make out like the West are a successful propaganda machine, when they aren't. All the information is there to make up your own mind, sure it's spun by the government, whatever news agency, but it's there.

Russia, China etc. have a lot more state interference, and censorship.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
what the western reader wants to know about.

I don't see a problem with that, as long as one reads as widely as is possible, which I try to.

Quote:
Why do you think Vladimir Putin is so much more evil than anyone else in the world?

You're putting words in my mouth there. I don't recall making any comparisons.

Quote:
Do you not think this is just a rather more simple case of 'who gets first dibs on an oil line through Syria'? No real enemies either way, but a whole load of misinformation and hand-wavy 'facts' chucked at the public to generate approval for what is really nothing other than your bog standard garden variety proxy war.

Again, too simplistic in my view.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
It's so hard to read comments when it's all sarcasm, insults and taunts. I don't bother anymore if I get that sense from them. Sad

You mean like this?

chickenstrip wrote:

I'm sure Lord Percy will be along to explain it to you shortly. If he can get off his arse long enough to look more closely, and if he's sure that man outside isn't there for him Shocked

Or this?

chickenstrip wrote:
Calm down chap, you'll have a heart attack Laughing

Come on, you're not immune from posting sarcasm, insults and taunts yourself.

Dang, nabbed! Laughing

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology accepted

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:

Think of those poor children. If all arguments fail then we're doing it for those poor children. Just not any of the ones that die in our bombing or missile strikes, they're just collateral damage. We have to break some eggs when we go to war for regime change, corporate imperium and resources humanitarian purposes.

A question of scale perhaps. We at least try to avoid causing civilian casualties - yes, I do think our military commanders consider that seriously, and make the effort. It's something we can hold our politicians to account for to a degree, when we vote. Assad? Less so. Nobody to hold him to account. Putin? Depends on if you believe Russian elections are free and fair. Our job? Well, no, not really. The UN's job? More so perhaps, if they could be made more effective.

Let's not get to thinking there will be a time when there are no more wars though. That is fantasy.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:53 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Do you read any of this thread before asking the same questions again and again and again?

Ahem:

mpd72 wrote:
Russia really did fail to kill 2 people, 6 miles from the only place in the UK to hold and deal with chemical weapons, using a nerve agent which would lay blame on Russia and even though nobody can survive an attack from such a weapon, these 2 Russians are making a full recovery.

mpd72 wrote:
So you believe the Russian government failed to kill Skirpal in a way they knew they'd get the blame, 6 miles from the only place in the entire UK to hold and deal with chemical weapons

mpd72 wrote:
We're supposed to believe Russia spent over 5 years plotting to assassinate 2 Russian citizens, using a nerve agent which nobody is supposed to survive from and would clearly implicate Russia, at a location handily 6 miles from the only place in the UK equipped to handle such an agent.

mpd72 wrote:
Lucky it happened only 6 miles from the only place in the UK equipped to deal with nerve agents. What are the chances of that? Talk about lucky.

mpd72 wrote:
What? and it took them 5 years to fail to kill him, at a location which just happened to be 6 miles from where our government store nerve agents?

Sorry, nothing better to do, nothing on the telly Smile

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently police have identified suspects in the Skripal case, they are apparently Russian and are believed to have fled to Russia

https://uk.businessinsider.com/police-identify-suspects-sergei-skripal-nerve-agent-poisoning-report-2018-4

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit, I know what's coming next.

Inb4 "Yeah? Why haven't they named them then? Why haven't they told me?" Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 22 of 35