Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just blame Russia...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 04 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Ah, time for the EU to have another pop at Russia, because the PR so far with the World Cup has been too positive.

What are the chances of that eh? Both incidents just up the road from the only place the UK has which stockpiles chemical weapons.

Good grief, you jump in quickly, don't you? Laughing
I presume you know more about this already than I do.
But also, ah, time for mpd to have another pop at the UK and Porton Down Laughing
Who don't "stockpile" chemical weapons - they're allowed very tiny amounts for research purposes and are inspected regularly and thoroughly by the relevant international bodies to see they don't break the laws on this. They have never been accused of doing so. Well, not until you came along Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:25 - 04 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed Novichok nerve agent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44719639

A man and woman found unconscious in Wiltshire were poisoned by Novichok - the same nerve agent that poisoned ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal, police say.

The couple, believed to be Charlie Rowley and Dawn Sturgess, are in a critical condition having been found unconscious at a house on Saturday.

Police say no one else has presented with the same symptoms.

There was "nothing in their background" to suggest the pair were targeted, the Met Police said.

Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said it could not be confirmed whether the nerve agent came from the same batch that Mr Skripal, and his daughter Yulia, were exposed to.

Pass the popcorn

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:46 - 04 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else think that a story is now going to be played out that explains what happened to the Skripals?

My bets are on a rogue nutter that is going round poisoning couples. An ex employee of Porton Down that was spurned by all women for his creepy advances.

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:19 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Does anyone else think that a story is now going to be played out that explains what happened to the Skripals?

My bets are on a rogue nutter that is going round poisoning couples. An ex employee of Porton Down that was spurned by all women for his creepy advances.

Spurned by couples for his creepy threesome propositions, so he now insanely hates couples.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered that perhaps there have never been any poisonings at all, not the Skripals (who might not even exist, and I'm in some doubt as to the existence of Salisbury and Amesbury), and not the latest couple, and it's all just a ploy to stir up anti-Russian feeling? I mean, have you yourself seen any people displaying such symptoms of nerve agent poisoning? Everyone knows the media can't be trusted. In fact, no one can be trusted. I don't trust you. Hell, I don't even trust myself.

Actually, I don't think there's any such place as Russia. I've never seen it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've all forgotten the football angle. There can be no proof of Russian involvement while Harry Kane and his WAG are still up and about.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:39 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

The entire episode has more holes in it than my socks.

Never trust anyone with holes in their socks.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Never trust anyone with holes in their socks.

Good luck putting them on then... Laughing

Insightful, but my advice still stands.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you seriously questioning why they're blaming the Russians again Rolling Eyes

I mean, it's in the same area as last time, with the lines of enquiry pointing to some hangover from the previous attack

What were you expecting, for them to start blaming members of the Colombian football team for continuing their dirty tricks after getting knocked out on penalties?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Have you considered that perhaps there have never been any poisonings at all, not the Skripals (who might not even exist, and I'm in some doubt as to the existence of Salisbury and Amesbury), and not the latest couple, and it's all just a ploy to stir up anti-Russian feeling?

that would NEVER happen happen
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:32 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can WE only transport nerve gas a few miles?

I never sock anyone with trust in their holes.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:20 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Like I said, this story has more holes in it than Chicken's pants.

Not fair, the local M&S closed down Sad
I blame Russia Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:29 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amesbury poisoning: Couple 'handled contaminated item'

The couple poisoned by Novichok were exposed to the substance after handling a contaminated item, police say.

Charlie Rowley, 45, and Dawn Sturgess, 44, collapsed at a house in Amesbury, Wiltshire, on Saturday and remain critically ill.

Home secretary Sajid Javid said the nerve agent was the same as that used on ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter in March.

Russia said Theresa May's government was subjecting them "to hell".

Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova urged police not to be led by the "dirty political game" and said she was confident London would have to apologise to Russia.

Mr Javid accused Russia of using Britain as a "dumping ground for poison" after the second incident involving the nerve agent.

'A vial or a syringe'

BBC security correspondent Gordon Corera said that because the highest concentration of Novichok was found on the couple's hands, police believe the item they handled could be a container or reciprocal that was used to carry the nerve agent.

He said the most likely hypothesis is that the Novichok was left over from an item discarded after the attack on the Skripals.

The BBC's home affairs correspondent June Kelly said it has been suggested the item "could be a vial or syringe because of the couple's lifestyle".

Debbie Stark, south west deputy director from Public Health England said the risk to the public of further poisoning incidents "remains low".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44727191

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Good, good, follow the propaganda like a good little chicken! Wink

Whose propaganda would you rather I followed? Wink

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:58 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two smackheads find a stash with syringes, think it's Brown, turns out it's what KGB Boris left in the bog before the big job?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Amesbury poisoning: Couple 'handled contaminated item'

The couple poisoned by Novichok were exposed to the substance after handling a contaminated item, police say.

Charlie Rowley, 45, and Dawn Sturgess, 44, collapsed at a house in Amesbury, Wiltshire, on Saturday and remain critically ill.

Home secretary Sajid Javid said the nerve agent was the same as that used on ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter in March.

Russia said Theresa May's government was subjecting them "to hell".

Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova urged police not to be led by the "dirty political game" and said she was confident London would have to apologise to Russia.

Mr Javid accused Russia of using Britain as a "dumping ground for poison" after the second incident involving the nerve agent.

'A vial or a syringe'

BBC security correspondent Gordon Corera said that because the highest concentration of Novichok was found on the couple's hands, police believe the item they handled could be a container or reciprocal that was used to carry the nerve agent.

He said the most likely hypothesis is that the Novichok was left over from an item discarded after the attack on the Skripals.

The BBC's home affairs correspondent June Kelly said it has been suggested the item "could be a vial or syringe because of the couple's lifestyle".

Debbie Stark, south west deputy director from Public Health England said the risk to the public of further poisoning incidents "remains low".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44727191

Not a whole lot of facts there, eh?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 08 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it. It's meant to be fatal, yet both survived with no serious lasting effect. It's not meant to last in the open and goes off with age. Why then, were they still clearing up months later?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44760875
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 264 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 26 of 35