Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just blame Russia...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

My biggest problem with the whole political scene, be it media or through politicians themselves, is that lying and deceiving is becoming the norm and far more prevalent than 20 years ago. It's up to us to debate the propaganda from fact and sources are getting rarer.

Us debating it here gets us no nearer the truth.
We could all advance theories about what we think is going on, but until they are proved, theories is all they are.
Lying and deceiving is as old as mankind. More than 20 years ago, Blair's government told us Saddam Hussein had WMD and there was solid proof of this. I could make up theories about how it was all destroyed, or hidden, or moved out of the country just before the Coalition invaded Iraq. Well? It might have been. How would you know I was wrong?

If you don't believe the media, the logical thing to do would seem to be to stop reading/listening to them.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut

Hypothesise, until they're proven they just hypothesise

Theories are tested, well-substantiated, unifying explanation for a set of verified, proven factors.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut

Hypothesise, until they're proven they just hypothesise

Theories are tested, well-substantiated, unifying explanation for a set of verified, proven factors.

Oh, piss off! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the absence of borg someone has to take up the role of the resident pedant.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
With the absence of borg someone has to take up the role of the resident pedant.

Absent? Had his wings clipped, more like.

Oh, I'm doing it too! Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

What planet would this be possible on?
What should I do, move to the middle of a Forrest and live off the land?

Dream on. I have the radio on all day, I watch TV, I use the Internet.
It's nigh on impossible to avoid the establishment propaganda.

So you have no choice in what you watch or listen to?
I only catch the news when I want to. Even if it were on, I could ignore it, and just think about things that interested me more. Just like I could just stop looking at this section of the forum. It wouldn't kill me to miss it. I have gone for very long periods without a tv or internet access; it can be done without automatically dying. It's all your choice. Strikes me that you might be a calmer, happier person if you did so, too.

Didn't read the rest of your post Wink Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
they could have put the same gagging order on sites like this, that was so important to protect the Pakistani Paedo's in Huddersfield,

Bearing in mind they were being prosecuted in court, what do you think they were being protected from?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

So you have no choice in what you watch or listen to?

I could walk around with my eyes closed and earplugs in I suppose. Stop being facetious. It's everywhere and very hard to not see, no matter how hard you try. I have music on in the background all day long. If I chose not to listen to 6 Music or whatever, even my vast Itunes collection would get a bit repetitive after a few weeks.

I don't but newspapers and avoid as much TV news as possible.
I do use social media and the Internet forums though. It's near on impossible to miss propaganda on there.

To avoid it completely, you'd have to live as a hermit nowadays and you know it.

Ok, so continue to get wound up by it all. I don't mind, not my problem Smile

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Why were their names being hushed up? It's not like the Pakistani community didn't already know who they were.
Why then, is every A,B or C list celebrity with an allegation of sexual assault instantly named all over the media? They don;t get any protection. Anything to do with ethnicity?

Come on, we all know it's to appease the Muslim community, just like the latest bullshit to sack young soldiers who dare take a selfie with an anti Islamic Extremism campaigner at a motorway services.

This country is already lost.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/540/816/41d.png

One more time

Celebrities have mostly been tried on their own so the preceedings and goings on of their trial in not going to affect the outcome of any other trials.

In the case of the peado gangs they were being tried in groups of 4 or 5 even thought they were part of a larger group.

So anything made public in trial one will be heard by the jury of trial 2 and potentially influence their decision.

It has nothing to do with apeasing the Muslim community and everything to do with ensuring the defendants get a fair trial.

What part of that is unable to penetrate your thick skull.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:25 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Like Ched Evans for one. The difference here is that Pakistani's like to do this in large gangs on a large scale. All 3 defendants were named long before anyone was found guilty in the Evans trials

Ched Evans was on trial with clayton Mcdonald (that's 2 by the way), a single trial.

With big groups of defendants they didn't want one group to be able to say their trial was unfair, it's not to protect muslims it's to protect the judicial process and help make the charges stick. once they get convicted reporting restrictions are lifted anyway.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Why is this - It wouldn't effect the trial and nobody else gets this anonymity?

Do you even read the responses here?

duhawkz wrote:
...One more time...

Laughing Thumbs Up

This is what extreme prejudice does to a person's intellect.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Why is this - It wouldn't effect the trial and nobody else gets this anonymity?

Do you even read the responses here?

duhawkz wrote:
...One more time...

Laughing Thumbs Up

This is what extreme prejudice does to a person's intellect.

There was no intellect there to begin with.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:06 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rating my post as spam now? Rolling Eyes

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:59 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Which bit can’t you grasp?

The naming of the defendants is not the same as reporting on the content of the case?

Are you being obtuse?

When someoe is on trial, the press generally don't report on the details of the ongoing trial, its only after a verdict do the details get released.

Now imagine a 8 people are on trial for the same thing but facing 2 seperate trials.

Just to be clear thats 2 groups of 4, not 8 people being tried twice

If they release the names of alll the defendants, then anyone sitting in on trial 1 will hear details pertaining to trial 2 and if that is released into the press then it will potentially be heared by the jury for the second trial.

Leading to an unfair trial, which could lead the trial to collapse.

Heres some examples
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13905765
Quote:
Defence counsel argued that the jury could no longer reach a fair verdict on this outstanding charge because of some of the coverage of the case following Bellfield's conviction.

Judges ask juries to follow a simple rule - that they must deliver a verdict on a defendant based on the evidence heard in court alone. At the same time, the media have a legal duty to report only what is heard in court, to avoid prejudicing the jury.

Can i make this any clearer without using crayons?

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Rating my post as spam now? Rolling Eyes

It's been said before, but he's actually quite the snowflake, which is funny considering...

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
[
You what? Releasing names of defendants reveals details pertaining to the trial? Such as what, other than a name?

FFS

Yes, you dopey cunt

If they put their names in the press, i.e person 1-8 are on trial for x

Then try 1-4 in one trial and 5-8 in another trial but for the same offences

If there is evidence read out in court, for example person 1 was seen doing x with person 7, that evidence is also likely to be used in trial 2

If there names are public then anyone who is in court now knows details about person 7 potentially prejudicing trial 2

I'm not wasting any more time on this, I'm off to go teach my dog quantum physics, it'll be easier then trying to education you.

Now lets get back on topic. Seen as you've derailed another perfectly good thread
Liam_ This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35