Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rock on Tommy!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (10 Mar 2018 - 15:05)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 23 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and Ezra Levant is still booing about it, saying that he isn't getting enough visits!!!

He is being treated better than most old people in this country - 3 meals a day, a television, use of his own private gym, hot water in the shower, a daily visit from the Governor, daily medical checkup etc. Doesn't sound too bad to me...

Of course, it could all change depending upon whether other inmates ask for Rule 45 or if others come in needing segregation. In which case, he could end up in the general population. Like I said before, it is up to the Governor to decide how resources are best allocated in the interests of the inmates and smooth running of the prison.

I wonder if the Governor has been told to keep him in this style to take the wind out of his supporter's sails? Stranger things have happened....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 23 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearing in mind that UK prisons are said to be overcrowded I suspect the truth about Tommy's accommodation is somewhere in the middle. I would think supervised, communal showers hold little risk of murderous martyrdom but maybe the governor pops in every night to give celeb-Tommy a bed bath
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 23 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not supposed to be "fecking Benidorm" though, is it. No telly! Woo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fire
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 23 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Try to be impartial just once over this and stop looking at him with such irrational hatred, eh?

Thats rich, coming from you.
Write off! Honda NSR150 RR ('01) - Sold Cagiva Mito Evolution ('00) - Sold Honda NSR125 ('01) - Current Gasgas TXT 250 ('98) - Sold Kawasaki Z750 ('10) - Write off! Yamaha FZ1 ('09) - Current Ducati Streetfighter 848 ('14)
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
You’d swap your current situation with him would you, Captain Hypocrite?

He’s in Belmarsh high security prison in solitary for 23 hours a day, not fecking Benidorm. The last time they denied him a TV. You’d go fucking nuts in a few days of being in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day with no TV, phone or Internet.

Try to be impartial just once over this and stop looking at him with such irrational hatred, eh?

Bet he's not paying for a TV licence.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
He is being treated better than most old people in this country - 3 meals a day, a television, use of his own private gym, hot water in the shower, a daily visit from the Governor, daily medical checkup etc. Doesn't sound too bad to me...

When you say "most old people" wtf are you actually talking about?

I posted earlier that I wondered whether any of the court house's shortcomings (not posting the correct notices) and TR's attempts to ensure that he wasn't breaking the law, and the fact that the case was not harmed in any way would reduce the harshness of his sentencing.
It didn't seem to.
I've also read (on Tommy supporting sites) links to msm regarding other cases where people who had intentionally tried to derail cases were given non-custodial sentences / fines.

I'm not a big TR fan, but I do think that the law should be applied equally and it must be seen to be so. That's a fundamental principle of a fair society.
That is primarily what started TR down the political route with the EDL, and if that principle had been upheld he never would have taken that route. The EDL would never have formed, there would be no TR movement.
I'd like to see an end to the TR movement because it just isn't needed anymore as the law is, and is seen to be applied fairly and equally.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:55 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

I posted earlier that I wondered whether any of the court house's shortcomings (not posting the correct notices) and TR's attempts to ensure that he wasn't breaking the law, and the fact that the case was not harmed in any way would reduce the harshness of his sentencing.
It didn't seem to.

That's because despite media training provided by Rebel media he didn't take the basic and well known precaution of asking the Clerk of the court about reporting restictions, so he can't claim ignorance because he had thorough training.

jnw010 wrote:

I've also read (on Tommy supporting sites) links to msm regarding other cases where people who had intentionally tried to derail cases were given non-custodial sentences / fines

So did he....the first time.

Last edited by Monkeywrencher on 09:57 - 24 Jul 2019; edited 1 time in total

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

When you say "most old people" wtf are you actually talking about?

I was merely mimicking the usual grumble in this country that prisoners get treated better than our elderly - 3 meals a day, heating, access to the Doctors etc....

It goes without saying that depriving somebody of their liberty is one of the worst things that can happen, but there is a difference between sharing a cell, slopping out, a constant stink of shit, piss and body odour, shouting, screaming and all the things 99% of inmates have to endure, and the conditions YL is currently experiencing.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Where exactly are you determining that he gets his own private gym and a TV

Ezra Levant says so.

https://www.therebel.media/news-tommy-robinson-mistreated-prison-treatment-visit-uk-ezra-levant-update

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

It didn't seem to.

We've discussed this before

The trial was impacted, the defense team asked for the jury to be discharged because of Tommy's actions.

He was also already on a suspended sentence for his previous contempt of court charge.

He also has numerous previous convictions all of which factor into how severe your sentence will be.

Had this been his first offence he would have been delt with much more leniently.

Theres no illuminati conspiracy, if you behave like a cunt the courts will treat you like a cunt
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Ezra Levant says so.

Oh, I see, so when it fits your agenda you'll believe a right wing broadcaster, but when it doesn't you believed the Daily Star.

You do make me laugh. Either this bloke is reporting the truth, or it is fake news - you know, the thing he and you accuse papers like the Daily Star of reporting.... Which do you want it to be - 'thrown' in a tiny box for 23 hours a day, starved and shit thrown through the cell window, or far better conditions than 99% of other inmates in the prison?

Levant is your man, so why wouldn't you believe him? After all, he has nothing to gain by playing up YL's conditions. If anything I'd have thought he would make it sound worse than it actually is because that would add to your sense of injustice.

Every sane person knows to treat whatever is said or published in the media with a pinch of salt.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
He got what was coming to him and it was all above board and totally fair.

I really struggle to see how you reach that conclusion. You have to totally ignore the initial arrest and disregard for procedure, the continued attempts to prosecute and then finally an Old Bailey trial. This should have been dealt with at a lower court and pretty much brushed aside with minimal time inside. He would have gotten next to zero publicity out of it and most of his followers would have accepted that he screwed up and got a slap on the wrists for it and could not have argued unfair treatment.
Instead, a protracted and farcical court case was pursued to the highest court costing the state a small fortune, to achieve what exactly? Increased support for TR? Higher levels of distrust in the judiciary and MSM?
FFS, that's my tax £ being wasted.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh....

I said it was at the Governor's discretion. It has been, it is now and it will be until he is released. At no point did I say he was or wasn't in segregation, because as I have pointed out, I do not know and neither did you until Levant's visit. If you recall I also said that I didn't know if the report about the 70 year old punching him was true or not. Not that complicated even for you, surely?

Are you saying that Ezra Levant is pedalling fake news? Please say 'yes' Laughing Laughing Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Diggs wrote:

My guess (and it is only a guess but an educated one before you get upset....) is that he is came in as a B, has been assessed as a D on the basis of his offence, but has been bumped up to C because his political views create a potential for conflict. This doesn't place him in a 'special category' as claimed by the newspaper, nor does it mean he will be in with Cat A prisoners as claimed by Avi Yemini.

Assuming this is correct, placing him in general population would be the norm

You were wrong, but are now back pedalling to pretend to have been right. You're the perfect Liberal, you move your goal posts to suit your argument.

Ok Rumpole, which part of my statement is wrong? In clear, unambiguous terms please.

Whilst you are at it, can you also explain how Rule 45 works and who it is that determines whether an inmate is removed from the general population. Again, in clear, unambiguous terms please.

And another thing.... can you tell me if Ezra Levant has been pedalling fake news regarding the conditions YL is currently being held in? If you choose not to or say that you simply 'don't know', then can I take it that you no longer trust the word of YL's propaganda machine and will be converting to Liberalism instead?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mpd72"]
Quote:

Diggs wrote:

Do you know this to be a fact, or are you playing the 'fake news' card as a default because events don't fit with the image his media want to portray? He may have been moved to general population now at the Governor's instruction because perceived threats haven't materialised.

Just because Avi Yemini says something doesn't automatically make it true...

...and? What's your point?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 24 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that all you have got - inventing quotes?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 275 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 97 of 108