Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rock on Tommy!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (10 Mar 2018 - 15:05)
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
We need mpd back to give a side to this discussion.

This Politics and Current affairs subforum is dying Sad

No we don't, some people might be more tempted to post as they begin to realise he's not on here spouting his usual sh***e !!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that. I haven't heard from Val in ages.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

We don't need val back either

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
bhinso wrote:

We don't need val back either

But! But! Diversity is a strength!!!!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
We need mpd back to give a side to this discussion.

This Politics and Current affairs subforum is dying Sad

He killed it.

I used to enjoy getting stuck in with discussions on here, but his input just made it boring. (Although, he was extremely helpful with a thread I made relating to my new job, so - and mpd I know you'll see this - thanks Thumbs Up Mr. Green , and the new job is going well!)

Also when chickenstrip set me to enemy for reasons unknown*, it just seems like this place became a boring bickering hole of racism and Brexit-induced man-rage.

*last discussion we had was one where he accused me of being unpatriotic Confused for daring to suggest that Brexit could result in sectarian tension in Northern Ireland. He went a bit topsy turvy for a week or so after that. To this day I am still his enemy Crying or Very sad

Maybe western society has reached peak politics. The quietness of this subforum could be a good thing - it signals the end of political hysteria in all directions. It may be that we are over the rough part and society will began to naturally heal in the coming months and years. I certainly have no more political motivation left in me. After the massive Tory victory I've just kind of deflated and am merrily getting on with things now. Perhaps it's happened to a lot of people, in their own way. Onwards and upwards?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politics has died?
Hell no. Not for me anyway - I'm currently laying onto my county council as they discuss budgetary cuts for the coming financial year. Gotta vent my political frustration somewhere (and if people don't lay into them they'll hit us harder and harder..)

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
I don't think his popularity was ever that great, just a few gobby supporters, to be fair, if it wasn't for our very own TR worshipper, I probably wouldn't even have paid any attention to him at all.

Thousands of people marched when he was locked up without a trial and he had a million followers on Facebook before he was banned. He also got over 38,000 votes in the EU election, for which he was heavily mocked as it was a small % of the vote, but that's still a lot of votes for someone who is routinely lied about in the press and constantly labelled far right.
I think there are a lot of people who support him without being overtly public about it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

I think there are a lot of people who support him without being overtly public about it.

Which Tommy though? The old Tommy or the current 'cuddly' version?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:16 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

Thousands of people marched when he was locked up without a trial and he had a million followers on Facebook before he was banned. He also got over 38,000 votes in the EU election, for which he was heavily mocked as it was a small % of the vote, but that's still a lot of votes for someone who is routinely lied about in the press and constantly labelled far right.

Ahh, hadn't realised you were also a disciple, he was rightly mocked, still, keep wearing those rose tinted glasses, however, you still have some distance to go until you emulate the mighty donk!! Laughing Laughing

jnw010 wrote:

I doubt that very much

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:47 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a case of people supporting him as being occasionally sympathetic to some of the issues he's highlighting.

TBH every time I see him (YouTube or whatever) I cringe Sad Sometimes he does have important things to say but the man's so... unrefined! Makes himself an easy target for argumentum ad hominem.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Ahh, hadn't realised you were also a disciple, he was rightly mocked, still, keep wearing those rose tinted glasses, however, you still have some distance to go until you emulate the mighty donk!! Laughing Laughing

I found it surprising that you completely dismissed the idea of people supporting him when there does seem to be evidence of a decent size base of support.

jnw010 wrote:

linuxyeti wrote:
I doubt that very much

I based that on an interview Carl Benjamin gave. He interviewed TRRNSYL a few years ago to try and get more views and be a bit edgy and he talked about how surprised he was at the number of people who came up to TRRNSYL and shook his hand etc after checking there was no one around. Carl was surprised because when people recognised him they tended to call out, shout something, and it was overt, whereas with TRRNSYL there seemed to be a far more sincere interest, nearly always a working class person.

Easy-X wrote:
TBH every time I see him (YouTube or whatever) I cringe. Sometimes he does have important things to say but the man's so... unrefined! Makes himself an easy target for argumentum ad hominem.

Agree. Some of his stuff is awful to watch and sometimes he trys to lay it on too thick. His union address was interesting, as was his Sappho award speech and the Panodrama one which got John Sweeny fired. I don't think you could call any of them polished, but they do present a different perspective to the MSM.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 03 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's at it again. Watch it before it's removed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwEemr-cqo&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2kmpEcTvSFncKf4DTiOkM3Jmuc5tzTffPmudE3dqQD3p8XlV8u_-qGHo0

TLDW:

Tommy's 8 year old daughter gets groped by a gentleman at centreparks.

Tommy confronts said gentleman (who happens to be Asian) and somehow clocks him on the nose.

Police turn up and arrest Tommy (but not the gentleman)

Tommy in court beginning of April.

I'm sure many parents would do the same. Tommy's mistake was going beyond 'reasonable force' when detaining the gentleman, who now becomes the victim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 03 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, Tommy accusing an Asian of groping his kid is exactly the sort of nonsense his supporters would lap up with no evidence.

He's cried wolf and been caught lying too many times before.

Isn't he out on license? Hopefully he gets a decent stint this time round.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 03 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been bailed for this but as part of the conditions he must not mention the identity of the gentleman.

Apparently the gentleman admitted to doing it, but of course we only have Tommy's word for that.

I'm trying to build up the pressure inside mpd so he finally froths and posts something Very Happy

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 03 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

In his video he claims he tried to restrain the bloke and during the course of that, the bloke got a bloody nose, hmmm.. ok

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 04 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were true and it all happened like YL said it did, then I don't blame him for being upset. We would all 'restrain' somebody we though touched one of our kids.

Trouble is, YL is a political animal with an axe to grind and like most 'politicians' he spins any given situation to advance his agenda. He has been out of the news for a while so this incident if attributable to a 'non-indigenous' is just the ticket to re-ignite his supporters.

An ordinary person looking out for a daughter's welfare wouldn't publish what he did on the internet.....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:20 - 04 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
If it were true and it all happened like YL said it did, then I don't blame him for being upset. We would all 'restrain' somebody we though touched one of our kids.

Trouble is, YL is a political animal with an axe to grind and like most 'politicians' he spins any given situation to advance his agenda. He has been out of the news for a while so this incident if attributable to a 'non-indigenous' is just the ticket to re-ignite his supporters.

An ordinary person looking out for a daughter's welfare wouldn't publish what he did on the internet.....

An ordinary person wouldn't, I agree, but he isn't an ordinary person by any stretch, he is media chocolate.

It's 1 of 2 things -

Another media stunt where he's trying to get publicity.

It happened and he punched the bloke (and most of us would if it was our kid) but knows he is going to get sh1t because of who he is and said bloke is brown so gone online to get his side out.

The police need to investigate and either prosecute the accused for kiddy fiddling or TR for lying/setting up said accused.

TR supporters will say he's not being taken seriously because of who he is.

PC's and SJW's will say he's set it up and there are no Asian kiddyfiddlers.

Who knows.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 04 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and then there is the vast majority of us who fall between those two examples, who think that anybody who goes 'Len Fairclough' deserves a slap and conviction, but wouldn't advertise the fact that it had happened to their daughter on social media Smile

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 04 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len Fairclough

?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 04 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Len Fairclough

?

Awww, you're only a babby !! Put it this way, you wouldn't have wanted him to give you swimming lessons Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 04 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched the video, but I've read a summary posted online of TR version of events.

There were three Asian men in the kids swimming pool, they did not have any kids with them. Confused
One of these men walked past his 8 yo daughter and grabbed her arse.
She told her dad (TR). TR confronts man who admits it, says it was a mistake, and trys to walk away...... scuffle ensues..... Asian man sustains facial injuries.
Police attend three hours later, Asian man admits what happened, but the police let him go because he has learning difficulties........
TR gets arrested for assualt. Neutral

If that's accurate, then if anything I'm amazed that it took them three hours to turn up and arrest him. I thought they really had it in for him.
Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if there are any CCTV cameras covering the pool and if they get shown in magistrates court. Either it'll play out exactly as he's portrayed it, or he'll lose all credibility if there's footage that contradicts it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:31 - 04 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't lose all credibility when he has no credibility in the first place.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 04 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Yes. It would be nice to hear the story from someone without a history of violence, fraud and racism.

Like the police!

Laughing

Seriously though, all we have is yaxley lemons story to go on. Hardly a reliable source.
Doesn't it seem like a huge coincidence? It will get his feverish supporters going and he doesn't need evidence to convince fools.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:24 - 05 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

I'm not refering to whether you think he's credible, I'm refering to the credibility that he has established among his supporters.

On the flip side, if it turns out that everything he's said is true would you consider the possibility that some of the other things he's said are also true?

The Artist wrote:
It will get his feverish supporters going and he doesn't need evidence to convince fools.

Agree, the media work on exactly the same principle. They constantly print half truths and out right lies to make money out of gullible people.
That's why I think it'll be interesting to see evidence one way or the other. Is he just playing his followers for the donations, or is he for real?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 05 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Ste wrote:

I'm not refering to whether you think he's credible, I'm refering to the credibility that he has established among his supporters.

On the flip side, if it turns out that everything he's said is true would you consider the possibility that some of the other things he's said are also true?

The Artist wrote:
It will get his feverish supporters going and he doesn't need evidence to convince fools.

Agree, the media work on exactly the same principle. They constantly print half truths and out right lies to make money out of gullible people.
That's why I think it'll be interesting to see evidence one way or the other. Is he just playing his followers for the donations, or is he for real?

Evidently you still feel has credibility, or that his supporters are capable of independent thought, interesting Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 103 of 108