Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rock on Tommy!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (10 Mar 2018 - 15:05)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Pjay wrote:
Besides, the court of appeal judge agreed that he was wrongfully imprisoned.

Have you read the court summary? He's been released based on a couple of technicalities. Nothing more.

Yes, as I said, Wrongfully imprisoned. The legal system has to follow the law. You can call the laws technicalities if you wish,

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Have you read the court summary? He's been released based on a couple of technicalities. Nothing more.

Yes, as I said, Wrongfully imprisoned. The legal system has to follow the law. You can call the laws technicalities if you wish,

Indeed, hardly released because he's a shining beacon of innocence, is he?

Remember OJ Simpson?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Perhaps the aggravating factor is that TR has 00000's of numbskull followers who hang on his every word, and that the amount of publicity he would receive compared to Mr Singh with 100 Facebook friends would be far more prejudicial to the outcome?

Not to forget the fact that TR has previous.

The actual livestream had around 200 viewers, the 250k figure came from facebook shares after he was arrested. Not for the original livestrem. But let's not let a few facts get in the way of a lynching.

Sally Bercow, Lord Janner?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, what law did he break exactly?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Good summary here:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/08/01/the-tommy-robinson-judgment-what-does-it-all-mean/

Quote:

So Tommy is free. This is a victory for free speech, right?

No. It is a victory for the procedural rules, and a sharp reminder to the courts of the need to follow them. But certain key takeaways remain:

Robinson admitted that he was in contempt of court at Canterbury, through racially charged and aggressive hounding of defendants which risked derailing a serious sex trial and denying justice to victims of sexual offending;

Robinson admitted through his barrister that he was in breach of the reporting restrictions at Leeds Crown Court. It was never suggested, by his barrister or anyone else, that the reporting restrictions were inappropriate. It was agreed by all that they were necessary to ensure the fairness of serious trials.

“Free speech” has nothing to do with this decision. This was not a case of Robinson “exposing” something the state was trying to cover up. At both Canterbury and Leeds, he was interfering in a live criminal trial in defiance of laws designed to ensure the trial was fair.

The cases would have been reported in full by journalists once the postponement order was over. The only thing added to the sum of human experience by Robinson’s “citizen journalism” was the very real risk of serious criminal cases collapsing.
:

Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Sorry, what law did he break exactly?

Know many people who have suspended sentences hanging over them having done nothing wrong?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Pjay wrote:

Good summary here:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/08/01/the-tommy-robinson-judgment-what-does-it-all-mean/

Quote:

So Tommy is free. This is a victory for free speech, right?

No. It is a victory for the procedural rules, and a sharp reminder to the courts of the need to follow them. But certain key takeaways remain:

Robinson admitted that he was in contempt of court at Canterbury, through racially charged and aggressive hounding of defendants which risked derailing a serious sex trial and denying justice to victims of sexual offending;

Robinson admitted through his barrister that he was in breach of the reporting restrictions at Leeds Crown Court. It was never suggested, by his barrister or anyone else, that the reporting restrictions were inappropriate. It was agreed by all that they were necessary to ensure the fairness of serious trials.

“Free speech” has nothing to do with this decision. This was not a case of Robinson “exposing” something the state was trying to cover up. At both Canterbury and Leeds, he was interfering in a live criminal trial in defiance of laws designed to ensure the trial was fair.

The cases would have been reported in full by journalists once the postponement order was over. The only thing added to the sum of human experience by Robinson’s “citizen journalism” was the very real risk of serious criminal cases collapsing.
:

Oh noes, you lefty you!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Info

He was reporting that which was already in the public domain, the court was already in session, quite how any of that can influence the case, is beyond me.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know many people who have suspended sentences hanging over them having done nothing wrong?

What has that got to do with it?

Why not add an EDL march link too?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Itchy wrote:
Info

He was reporting that which was already in the public domain, the court was already in session, quite how any of that can influence the case, is beyond me.

I thought you had more between the ears than BNP72.

Due to the large number of defendants, there were a number of trials over the same criminal acts. Not all of them had yet been concluded.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the large number of defendants, there were a number of trials over the same criminal acts. Not all of them had yet been concluded.

He still only reported that which was in the public domain.

You seem to have very little in the cranium, to be fair.

How can reciting that which is already in the public domain affect a trial any more than it already has? Please answer this, as you seem not to want to answer anything I ask. You just seem to regurgitate more autistic drivel.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Just because there is information in public domain and on the interwebs and you can find it out yourself does not mean it's OK to publish or broadcast this information. It's less the knowing it's more the broadcasting or publishing that damns you. There are numerous examples in UK history.

When we consider who is doing the publishing then it's also a case of well how influential are they? I mean we have our worthless BCF opinions, we have the opinions of the main stream news and also of bloggers and activists.

Clearly certain groups hold more influence than others it's why there are celebrity endorsements for various products.

We saw something similar in 2001

In 2001 a group of footballers went to trial for sexual assault. Something was published in the papers before the trial had ended and it was considered possibly prejudicial to the outcome of the case. So a new jury had to be bought in.

He goes on to say these are possible consequences
Quote:

Additionally, cases involving a breach of a section 4(2) postponement order will often give rise the following potential consequences:

(a) Trials may have to be abandoned irretrievably;

(b) Juries may have to be discharged and retrials ordered with all the consequent delays and expense;

(c) Witnesses, some of them perhaps vulnerable, may have to face the ordeal of giving evidence for a second time;

(d) The trial judge’s decision upon how to manage the trial in response to the contempt may form the subject matter of an appeal which, whether or not successful, will generate additional anxiety, delay and expense.

Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Just because there is information in public domain and on the interwebs and you can find it out yourself does not mean it's OK to publish or broadcast this information.

It's less the knowing it's more the broadcasting or publishing that damns you. There are numerous examples in UK history.

We saw something similar in 2001

In 2001 a group of footballers went to trial for sexual assault. Something was published in the papers before the trial had ended and it was considered possibly prejudicial to the outcome of the case. So a new jury had to be bought in.

That was new information that was published.
Has there ever been anyone taken to court for reciting that which is already in the press that was deemed to be harmful to a case?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

He still only reported that which was in the public domain.

You seem to have very little in the cranium, to be fair.

How can reciting that which is already in the public domain affect a trial any more than it already has? Please answer this, as you seem not to want to answer anything I ask. You just seem to regurgitate more autistic drivel.

Yup, but if you don't understand how the behaviour TR displayed can adversely affect the ongoing trials, who am I to try to bother to explain to you?

All I know about it is I spent years studying to get the letters after my name. Perhaps you should go and learn it, and then you'll understand it a little better. Smile

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as you're a bright lad, here is the judgement. Have a read through and see if you understand the technicalities.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/yaxley-lennon-full-judgment-1.pdf

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, but if you don't understand how the behaviour TR displayed can adversely affect the ongoing trials, who am I to try to bother to explain to you?

All I know about it is I spent years studying to get the letters after my name. Perhaps you should go and learn it, and then you'll understand it a little better. Smile

As I thought, you wont answer it. Well done.
Having a degree means you went to the bother of having your intellect verified. That doesn't make you smarter than people without a degree..

That doesn't mean I don't have a degree.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as you're a bright lad, here is the judgement. Have a read through and see if you understand the technicalities.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/yaxley-lennon-full-judgment-1.pdf

That's not going to answer how a reciting something from the BBC news site is harmful in a case.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

That's not going to answer how a reciting something from the BBC news site is harmful in a case.

If you were as bright as you think, you'd know it does.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were as bright as you think, you'd know it does.

Saying it does is not the same as explaining it does.
If it does, then you must be confident that the appeal will fail and he will be convicted.

Are you?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live-streaming outside the court in the hope of seeing the accused, their relatives, jury members... Apart from risking the trial it's also incitement to the idiot followers who then can't distinguish Pakistani rapists from anybody else who may be innocent or doesn't look 'indigenous.'
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different approaches to reporting though.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dE4Q8c_Pm5c
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 238 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 5 of 108