Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rock on Tommy!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (10 Mar 2018 - 15:05)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:04 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
At least Charlie Veitch was a good guy though. Unlike Steve the convicted fraudster and known thug.

Come now, he lied a bit on his mortgage application (which he never missed a payment on).
I'm sure if the police were to investigate everyones mortgage applications, there would be queues at every prison gate in the country.

Just labelling him a convicted fraudster and thug, only goes to show that the media representation of him has done its job on you. I assume you also think you don't get too affected by propaganda too?

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
There are conspiracy theories doing the rounds from the Chums of Allah, that Robinson is a Mossad agent though, if that floats your boat?

A similar criticism comes from those in the alt-right who are not friends of Israel either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOBPYEz8B-Y

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's likely he'll be back in prison in a few weeks.
So no doubt this will all blow over (not that it should).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
At least Charlie Veitch was a good guy though. Unlike Steve the convicted fraudster and known thug.

Come now, he lied a bit on his mortgage application (which he never missed a payment on).
I'm sure if the police were to investigate everyones mortgage applications, there would be queues at every prison gate in the country.

Erm.

- Assaulted a police officer.
- Used false passport to get into USA because;
- Banned from entry to USA because of previous offences.
- Three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud.
- Contempt of court (not the one he was let off for).

More stuff here: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson

But yeah it's just Our Tommeh innit, he's alright really, give him half a chance Our Tommeh!

Quote:
Just labelling him a convicted fraudster and thug, only goes to show that the media representation of him has done its job on you. I assume you also think you don't get too affected by propaganda too?

Well everyone is affected by propaganda and social hysteria in all its forms. But not everyone is as capable at seeing past it.

The point about Tommy Robinson is that frankly it's just too late for him. Even if he's complettely reformed, why does he deserve to be given any more merit or any benefit of the doubt? And what is he actually hoping to achieve by doing what he does?

People often mock Jeremy Corbyn supporters for idolising him like a messiah, but at the very least Corbyn is the leader of a political party that has the potential to actually change things. In comparison to that, what does Tommy Robinson offer, what do his followers want, and how does their following of him help to achieve it? None of it makes any sense.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
You really do believe your view is correct and everyone else is wrong don't you?

Another one of those pot/kettle moments...

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, yes he's been an idiot on several occasions.
Lord Percy wrote:
- Three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud.

Was this the one where he signed guarantees / letters of support for his brother in-laws mortgage application or something. I seem to remember it was a somewhat convoluted situation, and I don't recall there actually being any loss to the lender etc. I could be wrong on that - I read it ages ago.
I do recall that he was arrested on some other charge at which point they raided his house, searched it top to bottom, confiscated his computer etc and spent weeks going through all of his financials, emails, browser history, bank accounts and that was all they could find. Based on the initial arrest, there was no necessity for the search, as in the search wouldn't have revealed any evidence relating to the arrest. It was a pretty blatant we'll do you for something, and we won't stop until we find it.

Lord Percy wrote:
what does Tommy Robinson offer, what do his followers want, and how does their following of him help to achieve it? None of it makes any sense.

Maybe they're tired of being ignored, and he's the only one voicing their concerns regarding the islamification of their communities. That seems to be quite a theme based on the videos of people attending the demonstrations.
Maybe there are an increasing number of people who are seeing issues around freedom of speech and state intimidation.

robs321
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:28 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
[

- Assaulted a police officer.

That will be the one who was always doing a Nazi salute standing next to him for reporters. He did a salute and tried to get on the bus with Tommy, thinking he was a Nazi scumbag Tommy nutted him off the bus! So you forgot to mention he was an undercover copper!!
As Douglas Murray once said, Tommy Robinson is the only person who can get arrested for head butting a Nazi!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs321 wrote:
That will be the one who was always doing a Nazi salute standing next to him for reporters. He did a salute and tried to get on the bus with Tommy, thinking he was a Nazi scumbag Tommy nutted him off the bus! So you forgot to mention he was an undercover copper!!
As Douglas Murray once said, Tommy Robinson is the only person who can get arrested for head butting a Nazi!

It doesn't matter to Percy, he just looks at headlines and forms opinions.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Radicalization of Darren Osborne (terrorist)
Prosecutors and the former head of national counter-terror policing claimed that Lennon's online posts (among other far-right material that he consumed) had radicalised Darren Osborne, who plotted to ram a van into a Palestinian march. Osborne crashed his car into a crowd of Muslims leaving a mosques around midnight, killing 1 and injuring several.[30] Former Assistant Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Mark Rowley stated:

He had grown to hate Muslims largely due his consumption of large amounts of online far-right material including, as evidenced at court, statements from former EDL leader Tommy Robinson, Britain First and others. Osborne had a 'dysfunctional' background and history of alcohol and drug abuse, and violence. There can be no doubt that the extremist rhetoric he consumed fed into his vulnerabilities and turned it into violence.

That site is so terribly biased it's untrue.

The link to Robinson on that case was removed from the court documents, as there was found to be no actual proof.

His wife did however state that her husband was radicalised by a BBC documentary on Muslims called 'Three Girls'.

I wonder if Percy is campaigning against the BBC for this and smearing their good name?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:08 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

I wonder if Percy is campaigning against the BBC for this and smearing their good name?

What kind of strawman nonsense is this.

I think Stephen Yaxley Lenon is a bore with an ego and a misguided following, therefore I'm an advocate of everything the BBC has ever done? :s

Quote:

It doesn't matter to Percy, he just looks at headlines and forms opinions.

Show me the headlines I've seen and believed about Tommy Robinson.

Everything about that div comes naturally from public opinion based on his crude actions and his abrasive character.

No other public figure goes out and gets into fights, arguments, gets arrested and is then treated like some kind of lovable rogue for the nation to side with. It's nonsnese, he's the worst example of an upstanding British citizen you could possibly think of, appealing exclusively to the short-term, aggressive, irrational side of the human brain. People who support the guy have been swept up by Donald Trump style hysteria, leaning towards anything that they can grasp which lets them support something that fights back against 'the system'.

Left and right alike, everyone wants big change. Tommy Robinson is a fucking poor messiah though. Unless you truly, truly think that Muslim non-integration is the root of all the country's problems, it's just utterly absurd how much attention people want to give him and his cause.

Also on the topic of headlines and hysterical media - hopefully something we can agree on - it may be worth keeping in mind that the UK news industry is vastly dominated by a small collection of barons whose sole motivation is profit and keeping the plebs subserviant. The fact that Tommy Robinson is a national figure for a very large amount of people, just like Corbyn is the same for others, even with no aid from the mainstream media, goes to show that the sytem really is on its knees at the moment. Its hegemony is hanging by a thread. The big question is, who is best placed, and who has the knowledge, ability or experience to take the reigns and sort it out?

mpd72 wrote:
But you're willing to see past Corbyn's snuggling up to terrorists, friendship with evil dictators and shagging of Dianne Abbott just to boast to his mates?

No, I'm willing to see past the right wing media campaign agaisnt him.

Note, it's a media campaign, overseen by people with extreme wealth and social clout. Not hard to see the wood for the trees here. There are some very worried people - worried about losing personal wealth and power - dishing up anything they can on the politician with pretty much the cleanest and most morally upstanding voting record in UK government. Him and perhaps Tony Benn are the only ones who have consistently been on the right side of history.

But hey it's just lefty nonsnese bollocks they want to let all the immigrants in and hug everyone with blankets made of money tree.

This is unlike the narrative agaisnt Tommy Robinson which is largely based on public opinion and has spread naturally, without any major publications having to dictate anything to anyone.

Quote:

You really do believe your view is correct and everyone else is wrong don't you?

No, it's just pretty obvious that something is wrong when a whole 'political' movement is based on hatred of a single community's racial, ethnic or cultural differences.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:44 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

More rubbish. MPG can you put your hand on your heart and state that Tommy Robinson or whatever he is calling himself today isn't a racist?

Thought not.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:59 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
More rubbish. MPG can you put your hand on your heart and state that Tommy Robinson or whatever he is calling himself today isn't a racist?

Thought not.

Have you ever read anything he's written or said, that is not some 10 second sound bite, cleverly edited into a hit piece by the mainstream media?

Thought not.

Last edited by ThoughtControl on 09:12 - 18 Oct 2018; edited 1 time in total

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPercy wrote:
Everything about that div comes naturally from public opinion based on his crude actions and his abrasive character.

Quote:
This is unlike the narrative agaisnt Tommy Robinson which is largely based on public opinion and has spread naturally, without any major publications having to dictate anything to anyone.

This viewpoint of the masses just came out of the ether, with absolutely no prompting or word association at all. It's just the natural normal response of the masses. Right. Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:31 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDF that's like saying you personally aren't a racist because you haven't been charged or convicted for such an offence.

Hitler was never charged with or convicted of racism, but some would argue that he was a little bit that way....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

By your definition, a child abuser isn't a child abuser unless he/she has been charged and convicted. A bit short-sighted if you ask me....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, now I see a flaw in another of your otherwise impeccable arguments. My best mate Jezza (may Allah bless the ground he walks on and the big birds he shags) hasn't been charged with anti-Semitism, therefore by your definition he can't be an anti-Semite. This means that thousands of man-hours of right wing time spent smearing him has actually been wasted...

You can't have it both ways.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
MDF that's like saying you personally aren't a racist because you haven't been charged or convicted for such an offence.

Hitler was never charged with or convicted of racism, but some would argue that he was a little bit that way....

Well no, he means that there has never been a reason to prosecute or arrest him for Racism. If there was a shred of racist intent from him, do you think he wouldn't be arrested?

Just thinking he is a racist, doesn't make it so.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

But you ignore the exact same media campaign against Corbyn because he suits your left wing agenda. Gotcha.

For every front page hit-piece claiming terrorist links, not wearing a tie, not bowing his head low enough, being an anti-semite, or riding a chairman mao bicycle, show me an equal number of examples of fierce mainstream media smear campaigning against Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

Sod it I've done it for you.

Image search "Jeremy Corbyn front page", these are your first results:

https://i66.tinypic.com/8yzxfr.png

Now the same search, for "Tommy Robinson front page":

https://i67.tinypic.com/f9jk2v.png

Oh look, nothing.

His presence is entirely due to alternative media, mainly pushed by talking heads on youtube. It's actually very impressive and a certain sign of the changing times.

However, the one truth is that his image in society has been decided almost entirely by his own actions and the way the people feel about him, rather than the kind of megaphone front page dictation of beliefs that the UK news media are trying to do with Corbyn. If people think he's a dick, it's his own fault for being a dick.

ThoughtControl wrote:
This viewpoint of the masses just came out of the ether, with absolutely no prompting or word association at all. It's just the natural normal response of the masses. Right.

See above.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Ah, you have personal experience and you've met him a few times then? Oh no, you just follow what your left wing media tell you to believe, because he's right wing and you must hate.

Laughing

Please do enlighten me on what my chosen left wing media establishments are.

Or is this is another one of those 'shout at the sky and make up an enemy' things you like to do.

Tell me what media sources I've used to generate my opinion that Tommy Robinson is a boring div with a misguided following. I'll wait all day.

Nothing has told me to dislike him or his supposed ideas. The reason I dislike him is because he quite clearly lacks the ability to think critically about anything. His one-man ideological crusade is proof of that. Blinkered beyond belief. As if Islam is the biggest threat to the full workings of the United Kingdom at the moment. It's utter madness that people are latching so strongly onto him, above all other things.

Question for you: What do you think is the single greatest issue facing the UK at the moment? What caused it, how can it be fixed, and who is best placed to do it?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 9 of 108