Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rock on Tommy!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (10 Mar 2018 - 15:05)
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
Paypal have stops processing payments on behalf of saint tommy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46139193

It just adds to the "they're trying to silence me" narrative, and of course gives him some more media attention. Before they banned those YouTubers I only vaguely knew (of) him as that EDL bloke Confused
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:41 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private companies can do whatever they want.

Gay wedding cake court cases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45789759

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44361162

Also

from the terms of service, acceptable use policy

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

Quote:
relate to transactions that relate to ... promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime.

Paypal is a private company. Private companies are also self interested. Therefore they will do things that will protect their image and protect their business first and foremost. Companies don't care. They look at their bottom line and consider the effects of actions and they will take actions that protect or increase their bottom line.

Tesco/ASDA/ALDI don't give a rats about goods from certain countries. They act as if they do because it will get them more money.

If you don't like it then other alternative companies and services are available.

Tell you what, tomorrow go to your local Asda and keep shouting about how everyone is crazy and everything’s a conspiracy out to kill everyone while harassing staff and other shoppers and see how long you last there before you get banned from the store.

I can of course be proven wrong if your own personal business websites are daubed with certain things.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
So why do they do it?

Currys don't sell VHS because there is no demand. Therefore is not selling VHS a political decision? No they don't sell VHS because the can sell 0 VHS players and tapes.

Businesses are interested in money.

They will have analysts to research how big the market is of different demographics.

They will target or pander to the demographic that they can sell most things to and make most money from.

£1 widgets? 200 customers

150 green customers
50 orange customers.

So who do you target? The green ones as you have the potential to make £150.

Unless you can sell the widgets for £4 each to the orange customers and make more.

It's very similar to why Bugatti doesn't attempt to sell its cars in say Sudan.

So the group that is marginalised either is smaller in number or the money from them which can be made is smaller.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

It seems now that it's been decided that left wing politics is right and acceptable, where any right wing view is now considered wrong and unacceptable

Scary times.

Says the guy that has spent almost ten years living under a democratically elected right wing government, in a nation where a very well known selection of left wing papers print stories claiming that the exact political opposite of what you describe is happening. So I presume the left wing papers are wrong, and the right wing papers are... right?

The only reason you see left wing everywhere is because you're obsessed and have become convinced by your own obsession.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:16 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see and hear left wing stuff everywhere due to how loudly they screech.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Businesses are interested in money.

So is the following BS then?

PayPal wrote:
"Striking the necessary balance between upholding free expression and open dialogue and protecting principles of tolerance, diversity and respect for all people is a challenge that many companies are grappling with today."

I suspect the opposite of what you're saying is true. Even if TR and his band of merry nazi's were hugely profitable, they'd still blick them. I very much doubt they'd be a boycott of PayPal because they process his payments.

It's a political decision IMO, I don't agree with TR (I think he's a tw@), but I don't agree with shutting him up because he has something different to say.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You see and hear left wing stuff everywhere due to how loudly they screech.

That's a strawman made up by those who don't know how to create a political argument.

The screechers aren't even lefties, they're just suckers to whatever the profit-motivated liberal mainstream media tells them to screech about. There are right wing screechers too, they just happen to not literally screech, or at the very least have been lucky enough to live in this absurd time where hard right wing opinions have been successfully dressed up as rational and 'peaceful debate', while still being as ideologically destructive as they have always been.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Says the guy that has spent almost ten years living under a democratically elected right wing government

For how many of those have they had a majority? I think the current political situation is more indicative of what a mess Labour are in, even with the great JC who did worse than Gordon Brown at the last general election.

Lord Percy wrote:
The screechers aren't even lefties, they're just suckers to whatever the profit-motivated liberal mainstream media tells them to screech about.

When the BBC have a story on the national news about a couple of mixed raced ballerinas being promoted, that's profitable? Eh? I actually think it's the complete opposite, it's the pushing of an agenda regardless of public interest. If you wanted to politically change the landscape, you would infiltrate the media, TV, the arts wouldn't you?

I don't think it's too tin-foil hatish to see what's going on. I've even seen you mention how SJW advertisers have become, considering they're pandering to minorities, that surely can't be profitable? From a business point of view, which's the whole point of advertising, you'd surely be better off appealing to the majority of people?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I suspect the opposite of what you're saying is true. Even if TR and his band of merry nazi's were hugely profitable, they'd still blick them.

Facebook take money from anybody. Their anti hate speech thing also didn't work.

When money is involved then ethics are murky. There are many US corporations that actually got involved with Germany in 1938 to 1941. Not figurative nazis actual nazis.

M.C wrote:
minorities, that surely can't be profitable?

Well seeing that such companies are making adverts and continuing to make adverts or content then it surely must be profitable else they would not pay for such adverts or content.

M.C wrote:
you'd surely be better off appealing to the majority of people?

This assumes numerous things:

Everybody has the same purchasing power and afford whatever you're making.

Everybody is interested in your product.

So why advertise or produce content to those who can't buy or won't buy your products?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:50 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
So what you're saying is that by pandering to a gobby minority, they are appealing to the quiet majority? Nope....

If it were a majority then why would a business not target this much more lucrative group?

So two things:

It's either not a majority.

Or

This majority aren't a market worth tapping into.

The final aspect is of course. These corporations make billions Paypal in particular made $3.59 billion. If they could make more than $3.59 billion by targeting a different group... why would they not do this?

They're lefties?

Not really corporations exist purely to make profit and enrich their shareholders.

They will however adopt more ideological stances when it aligns with their customers and the brand image.

This is of course a charade corporations exist solely to make profit and any sort of political branding is superficial and self-interested.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I don't think it's too tin-foil hatish to see what's going on. I've even seen you mention how SJW advertisers have become, considering they're pandering to minorities, that surely can't be profitable? From a business point of view, which's the whole point of advertising, you'd surely be better off appealing to the majority of people?

They're probably playing the long game.
They'll have recognised, as everyone who's allowed the scales to fall from their eyes has recognised, that the so-called minority will very soon become the majority.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Facebook take money from anybody. Their anti hate speech thing also didn't work.

I thought they had been banning 'undesirables' like other networks?

Itchy wrote:
Well seeing that such companies are making adverts and continuing to make adverts or content then it surely must be profitable else they would not pay for such adverts or content.

You'd have to find data on which advertising campaign was more successful. I suspect it's nothing more than virtue signalling.

Itchy wrote:
This assumes numerous things:

Everybody has the same purchasing power and afford whatever you're making.

Everybody is interested in your product.

So why advertise or produce content to those who can't buy or won't buy your products?

You're probably safe promoting afro-combs to mainly black people Smile but you're seeing general advertising going the same way. Also note how even minority groups are represented differently, black people do seem to be (as they said in Get Out) in fashion, Asian people not so much Thinking

Raffles wrote:
M.C wrote:

They're probably playing the long game.
They'll have recognised, as everyone who's allowed the scales to fall from their eyes has recognised, that the so-called minority will very soon become the majority.

I'm not sure, the next census data (due in a few years) will be interesting. It went from 92% White in 2001 to 87% in 2011 and that's with immigration numbers increasing massively. Not that I think it really matters, I just find it interesting that Britain's portrayed as being the united colours of Benetton, when it's still predominately populated by whitey.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I just find it interesting that Britain's portrayed as being the united colours of Benetton, when it's still predominately populated by whitey.

What's the reproduction rate of worthwhile Whities compared to Benettons?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
M.C wrote:
I just find it interesting that Britain's portrayed as being the united colours of Benetton, when it's still predominately populated by whitey.

Do we have a specific definition of 'worthwhile' in this instance? Or is it just people equal or better than yourself?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
M.C wrote:

I'm guessing 'supermum' Sue Radford and her 21 children don't count as worthwhile? Very Happy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/NINTCHDBPICT000447890454.jpg?w=960

I don't think it's any secret that fertility rates are on their arse, with the exception of immigrant communities and Vicky Pollards. If Rogerborg was still here ( Crying or Very sad ) he'd say something about professional women waiting until they're 38 to maybe conceive.

I think it's cultural, we used to have large families, we don't tend to anymore (except Vicky Pollards). The only way I can see of discouraging breeders is to scrap child benefit, but that seems to be BCF's favourite (and only acceptable) benefit Neutral

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Do we have a specific definition of 'worthwhile' in this instance? Or is it just people equal or better than yourself?

I am under no illusions that I am a worthwhile human being Smile

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't child benefit only paid for the first two nowadays?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:16 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears so: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claiming-benefits-for-2-or-more-children

Dance!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:33 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you’re already getting benefits for more than 2 children you will continue to get those benefits.

You won’t be paid an additional amount for more than 2 children, unless the children are born before 6 April 2017"

So they're still getting most of their money.

robs321
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:38 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
"If you’re already getting benefits for more than 2 children you will continue to get those benefits.

You won’t be paid an additional amount for more than 2 children, unless the children are born before 6 April 2017"

So they're still getting most of their money.

And if you have 4 wives your still on a chicken dinner! Wink

Christmas will soon be here and so will the UN Migration pact!
A bit more cultural enrichment, maybe for the smaller towns and villages!
Be careful for what you wish for Question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYn09wrL9vw&t=64s
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 21 of 108