Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Skygo/Lifan LF400

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:11 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Skygo/Lifan LF400 Reply with quote

will be picking the above bike up on Monday, Now I know its a 535 Clone, but does anyone have any idea HOW much of a clone it is??

Looking at it , its pretty much identical, although mines been though "The Hogfather" having some 'nicer ' sounding pipes fitted Very Happy

hope to find a few more LF400 owners as they appear to be thin on the ground!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:20 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Skygo/Lifan LF400 Reply with quote

bezza1966 wrote:

Because their bikes tend to last the shorter side of 6 months before they get rusted through...

Got any pics?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:25 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

not yet, collect it on Monday, and ebay pics are grimm LOL..
nice tho I found a yootoob vid of the same bike 3 years ago up for sale at £3499......glad I didn't pay that!!

will be my 3rd chink bike, and overall had no problems with them..just regular servicing, swapping chains n sprockets for Honda ones..

mines a shaft , same as the 535, so hoping no horrors await
the vid of MY bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjK8V5Fzfmo

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:28 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bezza1966 wrote:
not yet, collect it on Monday, and ebay pics are grimm LOL..

Link to the auction?

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:48 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400cc-Yamaha-Virago-XV-Custom-COPY-rare-Classic-Manual-5-gear-petrol-MOT/292478321668?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649

If this works!!!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:51 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Lifan 250 was, as far as I could tell, a nut and bolt clone of the XV(S)250. I'd assume yours is a XV535 clone (with sleeved down cylinders) until proven otherwise.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the dealers in Wolverhampton got hoodwinked by them in the 90's, they were into buying all sorts of imports back in the day, blade's FZS400's, even selling parallel Suzuki's while having a Suzuki franchise! and it turned out the XV535's they had bought on the grey market were actually Chinese copies and they got fined, the bikes were destroyed and they had to pay back the buyers the invoice price.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stepson and I each had 1 of these. Cracking little bike, nice bike to ride. Essentially it's the equivalent of the japanese market, XV400, which, aside from the engine, is the same as the XV535. We rode to John O'Groats on them, first big ride out for the stepson. Had mine for a while, before I donated it to my stepson, after his got written off in a crash. He used it for another couple of years before he moved onto his XVS650.

Here's mine, from back then..

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/lifan_lf400_2009_5.jpg

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Skygo/Lifan LF400 Reply with quote

bezza1966 wrote:

Welcome to the cold desolate lonely world that is owning a Chinese bike bigger than 125 Thumbs Up
I own an RX3 (Honley 250).

You know when you go out on it, when people realise what you are riding, they will point at you and snigger.

Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:39 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/skygo_lf_400

8 on the road.

17 rotting in pieces "SORN".

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:10 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a mint one for £99 on eBay last year as a non runner, went to pick the bike up, paid the seller, gave the side stand a wiggle and rode it onto my trailer Laughing Laughing Laughing he saw the funny side and was happy to see it gone, I made a nice £1000 profit Very Happy

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:11 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see I'm not the only XV clone rider..
Very pleased with mine, few niggles..general lack of attention has left it looking unloved...soon to be remedied, previous owner neglected to inform me choke was on so last part of ride home was 'interesting' soon changed once I realised!!
Both mirrors look like an after thought, as the original 'droop' bars have been changed to flatter ones leaving the mirror mounts at a very strange angle, and also the front brake reservoir looks weird,
quite punchy...not quite as much as my original XV was, perhaps the extra 135cc's help????
wiring to rear indicators was courtesy of Stevie Wonder!!!
Needs a new rear tyre, which was supplied with the bike, so no great hassle..

Horn.....erm, well it DOES make a noise....thats about it..about as useful as a polite cough at a slipknot concert!!! Embarassed

Future plans???
Clean it, swap tyre, ride it....

possible colour swap......also badly needs a better side stand as this one leaves the bike leaning VERY far over!!!!

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:15 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
My stepson and I each had 1 of these. Cracking little bike, nice bike to ride. Essentially it's the equivalent of the japanese market, XV400, which, aside from the engine, is the same as the XV535. We rode to John O'Groats on them, first big ride out for the stepson. Had mine for a while, before I donated it to my stepson, after his got written off in a crash. He used it for another couple of years before he moved onto his XVS650.

Here's mine, from back then..

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/lifan_lf400_2009_5.jpg

Nice and tidy looking.....Don't suppose you have any idea where they went?? or even if a Manual is available for them, or if the XV535 will do for most situations?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, no, it's been a while since we had them.. Oh, yeah, an XV535 manual will be perfectly fine for it. I also remember things like the air filter being the same as a 535's as well ..

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:04 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i getting confused with another bike, but isnt one of the cylinder heads a dummy? It has the appearance of a twin, but really its a single?

or was that another bike?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:22 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Am i getting confused with another bike, but isnt one of the cylinder heads a dummy? It has the appearance of a twin, but really its a single?

Nope, it's an XV400 (which is a sleeved down 535) for all intents and purposes.

I'd love to know what bike you're thinking of. So much so that I even ended a sentence with a preposition.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:47 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard varied people, totally unrelated and unknown to each other, waffle on about a twin with one cylinder being, not a dummy, but a counterweight/balance. Yet to have someone actually identify it, if it exists.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:28 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought i read it here funnily enough Very Happy It was one of these chinese cruiser looking bikes. i guess not this one then...

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:25 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

fed up of seeing certain 125's being sold as Twins...when its a twin outlet single cylinder.. tried telling em, but got the 'its got 2 exhausts' so gave up!! LOL

well current status, repaired 2 sidepanels (broken off at top by someone who didnt know they bolted on!!!!) replaced indicator, started cleaning, tyre being swapped this week...side panels being painted this week too...if it warms up!!
Nephew works at Streetbike, so have already got him on the search for service items Very Happy

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:37 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

before I forget - anyone know what the correct tyre pressures are pleeeeez?? Cheers

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:38 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bezza1966 wrote:
Nephew works at Streetbike, so have already got him on the search for service items Very Happy

Local to the black country then? I'm only down the road in Stourbridge if you ever need a hand / a warm garage to work in.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be quite local to me as well .. I'm in Wolves, be good to see what the LF is like once you've finished with it Smile

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:41 - 21 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdawayt wrote:
bezza1966 wrote:

Local to the black country then? I'm only down the road in Stourbridge if you ever need a hand / a warm garage to work in.

yup I'm a Snetta Wink

Warm Garage...Heaven!!!!

I have a 8x6 shed (Just about fits) and more hammers than sockets/spanners LOL
May pop for a cuppa (Tea white , no sugar) when bikes onroad) Wink

also tried to get info for Stourbridge Mcc...but heard nowt back..any ideas???

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 21 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend not to bother with MCC's Ever ride down to the Cafe at Quatt?

bezza1966
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:23 - 21 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
I tend not to bother with MCC's Ever ride down to the Cafe at Quatt?

yeah have been known to partake of a breakfast and cuppa there..Nice road there too..usually go Via Bridgenorth road, then come back via Kiddy...

Wanted to ask about S MCC as I wanna go to their show in June/July, plus few trikes there as I want to trike this eventually, unless I can get a well cheap 750 Virago
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2