Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Strava missing part of my ride

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:09 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Strava missing part of my ride Reply with quote

Hi, I have done my first ride with Strava tonight and it has missed the first quarter roughly of my ride. Is there any way of editing this in?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best u can do, is manually add the missing bit as a separate ride, just time and distance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:01 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Strava missing part of my ride Reply with quote

stephen_o wrote:
Is there any way of editing this in?

For what purpose? Laughing

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:26 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's missing the first bit, you've probably got a blind spot set up.
I do this for a quarter of a mile around my house so that nobody who can see my rides (and which bike I did it on), know my address and come nick the bikes. But it can be adjusted to suit.

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should still see the ‘blind spot’ in your own Strava feed, but others don’t. Use the Strava help desk; I once had them realign a section I had ridden where GPS drift had put me off the route a bit - they adjusted it for me. Of course if there’s no data recorded then nobody can say how fast you were going.

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:45 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, I think it was a GPS blind spot problem, Good points about hiding the address so that gives me some work to do to edit my setup. Will go out again tonight and see what happens this time.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Strava missing part of my ride Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
stephen_o wrote:

For what purpose? Laughing

Look at me and look at what I did?
If not, get a cycling computer.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:09 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Strava missing part of my ride Reply with quote

stephen_o wrote:

Not into the original route recording, but if you're on android you can go into developer options, enable GPS spoofing, and then use a second app to set the GPS locations and time taken to get between them?

You might be able to download it as a route for twat-nav and edit it that way?
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:35 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always just do the ride again. Razz

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:37 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL to the inference that it was "look at me and what I did" which I suppose I should of expected. In truth I was just a bit irritated that the first part was missed, only after downloading it into the website did I realise that it compares me with other people who did the same segments. I won't bother editing the route in because I wasn't bothered but knowing it does comparisions in the future will be interesting to compare.

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:41 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a cycling computer fitted but during the period the bike had been tossed at the back of the garage the unit had somehow lost its battery cover and although I have it working with the battery held in with selotape I can't get the damn thing to pick up from the wheel sensor so I am going to have to replace it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1