BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Depression and all that lot

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:15 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find something that can give you a sense of pride and you can fully immerse yourself in.

Something like as suggested, a good few books, exercise (possibly with the aim of competing in some kind of event, like a tough mudder), or even a project you can work on like restoring a bike. Something where you can block everything out, and focus on getting a task done.

alternatively, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, i'd gladly meet for a pint and a chat if that would help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:21 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, there's a fella on youtube, DanDanTheFireman.

He's an american firefighter and motorcycle enthusiast, and he does a lot of content with regards to MH, as he suffers with depression.

Could be worth giving some a watch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone can talk to you about relationships and general life drama that causes and makes depression much worse im that guy!

feel free to pm me if you need any advice or to share woes or vent, ive been through a hell of a lot and been in that suicidal boat where if our police force didnt have a helicopter to find me that night i wouldnt be here now and i wouldnt have got the help i needed, of course i still struggle a lot, im still going through relationship issues that are getting me down but church and hope are all i really need these days to carry on.

awkward hahadumball coming out now, i live in hope that me and my partner will fix things properly, when i feel like i cant go on i always think to myself, what if i do it.. what if she wants to fix things properly.. if i go now then i may never be able to be happy with her again.. of course thats not the outlook you should really have basing life on a relationship but those that know me know i dont really have much else in life, im socially awkward and have major anxiety issues so i have my house, car,bike,job and partner.. i dont do anything else but regardless of how wrong it is to base living on that 1 hope of a relationship being fixed and working well.. it kept me alive (sorry bcf)

ive been through way too much drama in my life a lot of it i put myself in.. wanting to be loved and not alone had caused me most of my problems.

my ex ran me over and broke my spine.. i knew she was cheating.. i didnt want to accept that because 4 years with her and it seemed all okay.. i put myself in that toxic place knowing it wasnt really good for me and caused me more problems than it solved.. i used to have so many friends and be so normal, used to have a great life and be able to go out and do what i wanted..

bcf bbq where i pretty much buttfucked pyro all day because i was so socially awkward and he was the only person i knew.. that wasnt me at all.. ive never been that person.

i dont have answers for how to fix things, i only have coping mechanisms, they help a lot.. last week i had a major melt down and turned my phone off left it at home took just my bank card and id got in my car and just drove for hours, slept in the car at the side of the road woke up the next morning and drove more untill i ended up at beachy head.. sat there for 3 hours being angry and full of regret... eventually got stopped by the police because id been reported missing after saying to a friend id felt really low and dont want to keep going on like this.

all you can really do is not give up hope and keep pushing forward.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:44 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
relationship issues [...] hope that me and my partner will fix things properly [...] what if she wants to fix things properly.

Sure, if you can change her into someone else, she'll be perfect.

Or maybe you can stop being yourself in order to be happy.

Pro-tip: find the right person, rather than trying to engineer them, and all that bare drama just goes away.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Despined_By_Ex wrote:
relationship issues [...] hope that me and my partner will fix things properly [...] what if she wants to fix things properly.

Sure, if you can change her into someone else, she'll be perfect.

Or maybe you can stop being yourself in order to be happy.

Pro-tip: find the right person, rather than trying to engineer them, and all that bare drama just goes away.

its not her its not me its just life situations that arent going as they should.

i agree with what you say though

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Trudat.

Another Pro Tip. Looking for salvation in others is not a solution (although it may lead to one).

Relying on "Hope" is a mirage in a desert. You don't need hope.
Your life situation may not be as per your ego's current requirements, but you are independent of your emotional and thought reaction and don't have to align with those thoughts / feelings regardless of how powerful they are or powerless you seem.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 49 days between these two posts...
Williboss This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 26 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I find forums and spam shit on them. It helps a lot Thumbs Up
Williboss This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 27 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williboss wrote:
these advices are really very useful, i wish i had this information when i was ill.

I see no evidence you've got better.

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 27 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I see no evidence that you've got better.
FTFY Thumbs Up

That's better! Smile

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:16 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better at what?

Spamerizing?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:43 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

VictoriaMcLean wrote:
Your advices really helped me. Thank you for your work and advices.

There are some very nice Victoria Mcleans on FB. Could you please tell us which one id you?

If you are the one on the right in the picture below can I offer to come and help you get over you problems in any way. I'm a very nice person who honestly has no aspirations to ̶f̶o̶n̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶m̶ do anything but help you.

https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/51925008_110261693442621_3469120796662693888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=05277f&_nc_ohc=2bhV2BQ7IpwAX-LDevt&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=4708c3297b0c1b2e7c88850e90635a73&oe=5F1C932B

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
VictoriaMcLean wrote:
Your advices really helped me. Thank you for your work and advices.

There are some very nice Victoria Mcleans on FB. Could you please tell us which one id you?

If you are the one on the right in the picture below can I offer to come and help you get over you problems in any way. I'm a very nice person who honestly has no aspirations to ̶f̶o̶n̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶m̶ do anything but help you.

https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/51925008_110261693442621_3469120796662693888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=05277f&_nc_ohc=2bhV2BQ7IpwAX-LDevt&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=4708c3297b0c1b2e7c88850e90635a73&oe=5F1C932B

Is that the hole where the spinnaker gets rammed in?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 28 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear has very high standards.

Either would do me.
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3