Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insurance question ??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MGRYDER
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:37 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Insurance question ?? Reply with quote

Hi All.
For years now, I have used E Bike, and , not ever had a claim, so I do not know how good they are.
Anyway, just after I renewed my insurance with them, last year, they dropped the whole, log in system, that allowed you to contact them via email & log in.

So you have no acces to anything, other than a phone nr, that assumes you are in the UK all the time.
I travel a lot, so I need some sort of log in, and a phone nr, for use when outside the UK.

I just got my policy renewal warning, by Email, and an 03 nr to call, which will not work, from where I am, in Spain at the moment.

Can anyone recommend another company, that still allows you to log into your account, and has a call nr, from abroad ?

It friggin amazes me, these companies that insure your bike, for foreign holidays, and do not have a phone nr, from outside the UK !!!!

I thought E bike was brilliant, back when you could log in, to your own account, ask questions etc, and get a reply within a day or so.

Last time I tried their nr, while I was in the UK, I was on hold for over 15 mins before I hung up.

Any alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:46 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not just 0044 33 414 9075?
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they dropped the online stuff years ago?

You can email MCE although they usually ignore you.

MGRYDER
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:57 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt responses.
Ill try , then get back to you !
Cheers
Jan

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:59 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBike Insurance 0870 753 1124|01454 634501|"Motorcycle Insurance
Part of Group Direct"

Ebike Insurance 01454 634808| "I received a call on this number from Ebike Insurance. Strange, as I thought they were strictly an internet only company. As my insurance was due for renewal perhaps they thought a call might do."

Couple of old numbers from saynoto0870

And google says you should be able to call them with the number I posted above;

"If you do need to try and call the 0333 number from outside of the UK then you can try by calling 00 44 333 and the remainder of the telephone number. You can purchase 0333 numbers here, and use it for personal or business use.24 Apr 2017"
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:14 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shank69 wrote:
Recommend a particular company? How could anyone possibly recommend a particular insurance company when your specific driving history is so specific to you and the way insurance quotes work are so volatile?
Are you really gonna base the decision on the suggestions that people actually make even if the quote is high?
Why not get quotes and then ask the companies whos quotes you like if they do it online and then accept your favourite of the ones that do....

Alot of us base our opinions of the companies use on our experiences with them. Sharing those experiences, or even those opinions, can help others make a more informed choice when narrowing down the complete market. Bear in mind that MGRYDER did ask for options which met specific criteria set in the original post.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:38 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shank69 wrote:
Bike damage is usually much easier to fix I think.

Well, it's easy to replace...

https://i.imgur.com/10BNnw1.png
https://i.imgur.com/f3cCOyJ.png

Became this for less than £500 including buying it back from the insurance.

https://i.imgur.com/ZUO9bsV.png

But to return it to how it was before the accident, with new OR second hand parts was enough to write the bike off as uneconomical to repair.

I'll do it eventually, but I'm happy with her as she is.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:46 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha don't worry about it Laughing

Well, I had to get back the bike that tried to kill me, and let her know it wasn't her fault Razz

Most of my bikes are matt black...it's an addiction...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shank69 wrote:
I guess my experience with every company in my short 4 years (would you consider still a new biker?) has been the same because I've never been pulled out on or crashed miraculously. (Or had any bike stolen) Perhaps if I'd ever needed to make a claim then id get to see what companies really were like and I'd notice the difference in customer service quality.

Yeah you normally only discover what they're like after a claim, but they can also be shit when it comes to issuing docs, auto-renewal, and all the other assorted shit they like to pull (like sharing your details). However...

TheMadRatter wrote:
Alot of us base our opinions of the companies use on our experiences with them. Sharing those experiences, or even those opinions, can help others make a more informed choice when narrowing down the complete market.

I go for the cheapest Embarassed It's easier to justify as there's one insurer who's a lot cheaper (for some reason). When prices are closer you can afford to be picky.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:53 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I go for the cheapest Embarassed It's easier to justify as there's one insurer who's a lot cheaper (for some reason). When prices are closer you can afford to be picky.

Agreed, but I'll still check what the extent of the cover is - for example am I actually covered to ride someone else bike if they have insurance, where I can go abroad and what sort of cover I have there.

I pay monthly which always bumps the overall price up too.

MGRYDER
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:59 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shank69 wrote:
Recommend a particular company? How could anyone possibly recommend a particular insurance company when your specific driving history is so specific to you and the way insurance quotes work are so volatile?
Are you really gonna base the decision on the suggestions that people actually make even if the quote is high?
Why not get quotes and then ask the companies whos quotes you like if they do it online and then accept your favourite of the ones that do....

Perhaps you mis read my post ?

I was mainly asking for phone numbers from abroad, as I am not in the UK, and none of the insurance sites I have visited so far, show any outside numbers.
Now I have some possibilities, to try.

I will update as & when
Thanks for all the helpful responses.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:
Bear in mind that MGRYDER did ask for options which met specific criteria set in the original post.

Which requirements would that be.... Other than a tel no you can call from outside the UK.
Something any company provides.

Ins is such a mind blowing situation. Good service or bad. You will find both.
Better to base it a simple formula. Cheapest & then don't crash/claim Smile

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:48 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
TheMadRatter wrote:
Bear in mind that MGRYDER did ask for options which met specific criteria set in the original post.

Which requirements would that be.... Other than a tel no you can call from outside the UK.

Quote:
Can anyone recommend another company, that still allows you to log into your account, and has a call nr, from abroad ?

...Any alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

MGRYDER
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:33 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
TheMadRatter wrote:

Something any company provides.

Ins is such a mind blowing situation. Good service or bad. You will find both.
Better to base it a simple formula. Cheapest & then don't crash/claim Smile

Er ?
E bike do not have an out of uk nr , on their site, nor does Carole Nash among others.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:
Shank69 wrote:
Bike damage is usually much easier to fix I think.

Well, it's easy to replace...

https://i.imgur.com/10BNnw1.png
https://i.imgur.com/f3cCOyJ.png

Became this for less than £500 including buying it back from the insurance.

https://i.imgur.com/ZUO9bsV.png

But to return it to how it was before the accident, with new OR second hand parts was enough to write the bike off as uneconomical to repair.

I'll do it eventually, but I'm happy with her as she is.

Subframe looks twisted Evil or Very Mad

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MGRYDER wrote:

Er ?
E bike do not have an out of uk nr , on their site, nor does Carole Nash among others.

You are aware you can dial a 03 number from outside the UK...

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:58 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

Subframe looks twisted Evil or Very Mad

I replaced the subframe, swingarm, rear wheel, centrestand, and pegs, repaired everything else myself lol. It was severely twisted although most of the 'twist' in the stripped down pic was from the bent centrestand. Frame was straight though so might as well keep it on the road Razz

MGRYDER
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:12 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
MGRYDER wrote:

Er ?

Please explain .. How ?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:14 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MGRYDER wrote:
Please explain .. How ?

Just the same as you would dial any other phone number.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:21 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MGRYDER wrote:
iooi wrote:

Please explain .. How ?

By dialling the 00 44 333 number I posted above Smile 00 gets an international dialing code, 44 gets UK.

I wrote:
"If you do need to try and call the 0333 number from outside of the UK then you can try by calling 00 44 333 and the remainder of the telephone number. You can purchase 0333 numbers here, and use it for personal or business use.24 Apr 2017"

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I don't think all 03xx numbers can necessarily be reached from abroad... definitely used to be the case but things may have changed

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:04 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
To be fair, I don't think all 03xx numbers can necessarily be reached from abroad... definitely used to be the case but things may have changed

Seems that way;

"When you are abroad it can be difficult to call 03 numbers. Depending on where you are in the world your local phone provider may or may not allow your phone to connect to the number. Also, if the local provider does let the call happen it may not be clear what charges you will incur for making the call. If you do need to try and call the 0333 number from outside of the UK then you can try by calling 00 44 333 and the remainder of the telephone number. You can purchase 0333 numbers here, and use it for personal or business use."

from https://www.numbersupermarket.co.uk/calling-0333-numbers-abroad-much-cost/

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:08 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Saynoto0870.com and search for the company. It'll give you a (user submitted) local number. Replace 0 with 0044 and you're golden.

https://i.imgur.com/36EBa1D.png

MGRYDER
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:28 - 21 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help & explanations.
Yes, calling those 03 numbers ,vary from phone company to phone company.

My Spanish Lebara Pay as you go, does not allow calls to them.

Also, same thing happens with the 07 series of numbers in Denmark, the Spanish Lebara starts howling as soon as you press the 00 45 7.

Anyway, Im sorted now.

Cheers
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1