BCF: Bike Chat Forums

beggar off

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:01 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: beggar off Reply with quote

I see a lot more begging going on round here and often get ambushed on my way out of local shop.
I know some folk are genuinely struggling and don't mind parting with some change for those.
Some though, I dunno.
Maybe I'm a cynical old bastard but some seem to be
in it for the money so to speak.
I knew one guy who did this and boasted of the dosh he collected
and once recognised a guy driving past in car who'd regularly
tap me for cash at Bristol bus station at a time I was struggling myself!
The bastard

How to tell for sure though?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:47 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offer food rather than money.

The ones around here are very well fed as there's a small army of facebook people who've made it their mission to provide food, drinks, clothes, bedding, etc etc on a daily basis. Laughing

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:03 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't give to beggars. There are numerous do gooder organisations that offer meals and all varieties of help to struggling and homeless people, run by volunteers with no paid employees. If you must give your money away give it to them.

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:09 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t give money to beggars either. I feel the problem would get worse, rather than better if everyone started giving to beggars.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:11 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: beggar off Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
I know some folk are genuinely struggling

Do you?

How?

WD Forte wrote:
How to tell for sure though?

https://i.imgur.com/lX1M5Rv.png

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:15 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have to give then give to actual genuine shelters.

All others forget about it.

It's probably why Manchester city centre is a horrible place to go. You get Charity thugs who intentionally block your way, Abahamic religious types trying to convert you and people blocking your way demanding (not asking) demanding change.

So I go to the Trafford centre instead.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the rude ones that stopped me giving to beggars...

Me: Only got 30p is that ok?
Wheelchair beggar (missng a leg): noooo I want to buy some chips
Me: Ok f**k off then

Beggar (who approached me): can i have a fiver
Me: Excuse me?
Beggar (now becoming miffed): alright then a quid

I didn't realise you were meant to haggle with them Rolling Eyes Also the stories about beggars living in nice parts of London from their 'earnings', plus the noticeable shift to normal looking Eastern European beggars has tempered any compassion I might have had.

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:07 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t really know how it works, so forgive my ignorance.

Are they not eligible for Job Seekers Allowance?

Are there not charities or organisations available to provide accommodation?

Do people HAVE to be homeless, or is it something they choose to be?

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy. wrote:
I don’t really know how it works, so forgive my ignorance.

Are they not eligible for Job Seekers Allowance?

Are there not charities or organisations available to provide accommodation?

Do people HAVE to be homeless, or is it something they choose to be?

AFAIK You need an address for benefits. The truth is if you're single and made homeless* you're pretty much on your own. Those I worked with who ended up being rehomed spent years in shelters, and these were young guys as well, that seemed badly affected by the experience so I assume some people figure they're better off homeless.

Another (older) guy was living on the streets for a couple of years and told us how he got by, he had gambling issues and was always skint until he got sacked for failing a drugs test (coacina). I think it's a mixture of circumstances, one of the guys was kicked out by his mum at a young age, and addiction issues like gambling man.

*funny how they tend to be men, patriarchal society strikes again Rolling Eyes

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 28 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned recently don't know if its a glasgow thing or scotland as a whole, homeless get to live in hotels, unless they have a dog in which case they have to get rid of the dog or "refuse" the accommodation.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:05 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glasgow has 5 chaaaridies that help out the "homeless".

Excuse me, 5 chaaaridies that help out the "refugee" "homeless".

The fact that the very few actual rough sleepers just discard their sleeping bags and tent villages because they know they can just rock up and demand more shows that they're not short of soft touches ready to give them whatever they want.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't give to beggars, or charity. Enough of my money goes their way without my say so via .GOV. So there'll be
no top ups from me. I'm exceptionally rude to those who knock at my house asking for money, the assumption that
their little neck worn plastic badge somehow excuses them for having the brass neck to turn up, interrupt my day
and ask for my bank details. Fuck. Right. Off. Add to that the wasting of my time, upsetting the dog, (she's very territorial
and goes bananas when there's someone at the door) and most of all just for being a lickspittle, new age, door
to door, virtue signalling spastic they are awarded a fat slippery dollop of my contempt most foul.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I don't give to beggars, or charity. Enough of my money goes their way without my say so via .GOV. So there'll be
no top ups from me. I'm exceptionally rude to those who knock at my house asking for money, the assumption that
their little neck worn plastic badge somehow excuses them for having the brass neck to turn up, interrupt my day
and ask for my bank details. Fuck. Right. Off. Add to that the wasting of my time, upsetting the dog, (she's very territorial
and goes bananas when there's someone at the door) and most of all just for being a lickspittle, new age, door
to door, virtue signalling spastic they are awarded a fat slippery dollop of my contempt most foul.

I have a 'no cold callers' sign on my door. It's amazing the amount of people who don't think it applies to them when i ask if they are after money for reading lessons!

- I'm here on behalf of 'Save the Children'

-and you can't read this?

Oh, I'm not selling anything Sir, would you like to make a donation.

SLAM Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:59 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Report them to your local trading standards.

Especially if they're trying to sell you dodgy a dodgy driveway that'd be installed by illegal immigrant slaves. Mr. Green

But my all time favourite are the religious people who want to talk about Jesus as they don't like it when I start talking to them about Flying Spaghetti Monsters.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good thing about living in a shit hole is that you don't get the charity ones knocking on your door... you still get Jehovah witnesses though Sad

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....
Next time I get waylaid I just say
"Sorry, BCF sez no"
Right, got it.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:59 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gave some my free ice creams /apple pie monpoly wins i had stashed from mcdonalds.

ah thank god i could tell someone i did that now.. remember charity isnt charity unless you tell someone youve done it

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:17 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
So....
Next time I get waylaid I just say
"Sorry, BCF sez no"
Right, got it.

You could just blank them entirely.

Parasites aren't worthy of your time or attention.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Isn't everyone a parasite in your book?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

There are symbiotic parasites and then there are scrounging, begging bottom feeding parasites that need to see the insides of Mr. Siemens ovens.

Plenty of them in the streets with their hands held out.

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once made a tramp cry by telling them I have spare change but I wasn't going to give them any. Also asked them why I should give them my money I worked hard for, had seen them a few weeks earlier begging as well. I just genuinely asked about what they were doing with their life, how they'd spend the money

I find a lot of tramps are snobby and right cunts when you offer them food. I tend to find they are worse on nights out after you've had a few and got change in your pocket.

In the past I've straight up told them to fuck off when they pester me.

Saying that I did speak to one Saturday night who said they wanted to marry me and even played me a special song on their ding dong, she told me how she had a place at a shelter which she was grateful for.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:44 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Everyone who begs is a parasite.

They're worthless organisms who are reliant on actual humans for their survival, whether that's by money extorted out of us by the biggest gang in town, or by running a scam to top up that largesse.

We could gas the lot of them tomorrow and not a single thing of value would be lost.

How else would you describe them? The "differently productive", perhaps?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fin wrote:
I once made a tramp cry by telling them I have spare change but I wasn't going to give them any. Also asked them why I should give them my money I worked hard for, had seen them a few weeks earlier begging as well. I just genuinely asked about what they were doing with their life, how they'd spend the money

I find a lot of tramps are snobby and right cunts when you offer them food. I tend to find they are worse on nights out after you've had a few and got change in your pocket.

In the past I've straight up told them to fuck off when they pester me.

Saying that I did speak to one Saturday night who said they wanted to marry me and even played me a special song on their ding dong, she told me how she had a place at a shelter which she was grateful for.

If they are with a dog doing the 'look at poor me, I have a dog to look after' bollox, go get a tin of pedigree chum and give it to them. Most go ballistic.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
We could gas the lot of them tomorrow and not a single thing of value would be lost.

Is that in addition to Muslims, blacks, single mothers, council tenants, benefit claimants (except child benefit cos need to breed), bankers, anyone with a low IQ, and Theresa May?

Did I miss any out?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2