Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2018: Warning, may contain Spoil.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight, Honda have signed JLo, who can't ride a bike with no front end feel, Honda famously have a bike with no front end feel, what could possibly go wrong? Rolling Eyes
JLo, obviously, doesn't like playing second fiddle, yet he's going to be team mates with MM, what could possibly go wrong? Rolling Eyes

JLo will be having a very public mind fcuk by the end of the first season, if his previous antics are anything to go by!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedrosa stats.

Since end of 2009: Rossi - 12 wins, Pedrosa - 23 wins.

Championship points since end 2009 to end 2017: Rossi - 1849, Pedrosa - 1913.
During this period Rossi has finished ahead of Pedrosa in the championship on 3 occasions. Pedrosa ahead of Rossi 5 times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a massive Pedrobot fan but what will Lorenzo give Honda that he didn't? Get a tank pad put on straight away Honda and get the excuses out of the way.

OGR

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
I did not expect that in the slightest, Suzuki I honestly think would have been a better bet in terms of rider matching bike.

I'd quite like to see Pedrosa at Suzuki too for that matter. Anything but Mir, I just don't see the appeal this early on.

Mir is fighting to get on his career, Lorenzo and Iannone are trying to save theirs, know who I'd want in terms of commitment.

OGR.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:54 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir walked Moto3 and has started strongly on a very different bike, he'll win a couple before the end of the year. Will probably finish above relative veteran Alex Marquez too.

I agree about JL and struggling. He's been complaining that the Ducati is too tiring and physical whilst Crutchlow is always talking about how tiring and physical the Honda is. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported by a German bike mag that Dani is to announce his retirement at Barcelona.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 11 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM being a twat, again. Race direction's response?

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

Petrucci should have lamped him. Mad

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dani's reply.

'Need more time for things to become clear'.

So maybe he has options.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 16 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquez front wheel slide save in FP4 Catalunya Shocked , the guys not human!

OGR

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 16 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Practice 4....Marquez on a fast 1 .

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dfz-a-mXcAAbAcY.jpg

He tucks the front (twice) and rides around the right hander using his body to save tyre wear.
He doesn't fall off and makes the corner.

Lorenzo is on it. Laughing Ducati... Laughing

Quali next.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 16 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've still got no telly box! All spoilers welcome coz we cant watch it Sad

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops..Got sidetracked by a spin on the bike and writing a song.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:20 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
We've still got no telly box! All spoilers welcome coz we cant watch it Sad

TBF, it was a completely unremarkable race. If you know the result, that's all that will have taken your attention.

Lots of people fell off though, only one was worth looking out for (sorry for FB link):
https://www.facebook.com/MotoGP/videos/10156931692510769/
Laughing

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, crashtastic weekend, and a gp race that maybe hints at another option championship wise, but otherwise fairly unremarkable in general.

I fell asleep in moto2.

I've decided I'm scrapping BT Sport completely now though. I quite like all of their pre/post race stuff, but if you miss the race live I find it damn near impossible to get the race in decent time without seeing spoilers. The spoiler free is a nice idea, but what's the point if it takes 3 days to update it and the only other way is to be exposed to the results Evil or Very Mad

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Aye, crashtastic weekend, and a gp race that maybe hints at another option championship wise, but otherwise fairly unremarkable in general.

I fell asleep in moto2.

I've decided I'm scrapping BT Sport completely now though. I quite like all of their pre/post race stuff, but if you miss the race live I find it damn near impossible to get the race in decent time without seeing spoilers. The spoiler free is a nice idea, but what's the point if it takes 3 days to update it and the only other way is to be exposed to the results Evil or Very Mad

I never watch live and rarely suffer spoilers, I have since learnt to record the show after due to race delays.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 30 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutch GP.

Superb qualifying in the big bikes.

3 tenths of a second separate the top 9.

Perfect ingredients for good racing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dg8M163XcAADu08.jpg

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 30 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love VR46, Friday free practice, nowhere, Saturday free practice, nowhere, Starts qualifying 2, nowhere, qualifying ends, bang, front row ahead of Vinales!
Can't keep the old goat down! Mr. Green

On the other hand we have JLo, Friday free practice, front row, Saturday free practice, front row, Starts qualifying 2, pole, qualifying ends, meh, fourth row! Confused

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 01 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it that makes our riders such prolific crashers!?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:53 - 01 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dovi has crashed out 4 times just in this season. Marquez crashes most free practices. Rossi ditched it on Saturday.

Dani likes a good crash too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhBD0BlWsAEFzRc.jpg
Had to work today so not seen the moto3 and 2. yet.

MotoGP...just watched it.
Completely boring race...if you only watched the last 2 laps that is. Very Happy

When the top 17 riders are within 1 second of the lap record....yeah...well.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhCCxhLX4AAUOq7.jpg

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:32 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't spoil my rant with actual facts and figures Laughing

Gp was excellent, great to see bikes from all of the top four manufacturers fighting for the podium for the whole race.

Zarco not even in the fight for the 3rd consecutive race, with KTM coming up next year I wonder if he'll ever stand on the top step in GP!? We want back flips!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get where you're coming from. Bradley Smith on that yamaha a few years ago. Any of the Lowes twins...Redding..McPhee all done time in the gravel traps.

Surely it's only a matter of time before MM has a proper 'not racing for a couple of rounds' incident and wonder if it will change him as a rider because at the moment he's controlling (and enjoying) the front end slides....which let's face it just isn't on. Smile

I'm not the biggest Rossi fan but it is a shame that without Marquez it would've been a chance of number 10. Unlike Maverick, Jorge, Dovi and Zarco I think #46 has been good this year during every part of each race and at every round. Damn that pesty ant.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Anyone else looking at Marquez's body position and thinking "What the fuck?" Laughing

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Surely it's only a matter of time before MM has a proper 'not racing for a couple of rounds' incident and wonder if it will change him as a rider because at the moment he's controlling (and enjoying) the front end slides....which let's face it just isn't on. Smile
I reckon having your eyeballs facing different directions would make it pretty much incompatible with racing... So I dare say he's already had one such incident.

I think another is overdue, but I can't figure out how the hell he doesn't crash!

Magnets are my best guess.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's so difficult to dislike with any real conviction because unlike a lot of other sports, bike racing has an air of empathy about it that I suppose comes along with most of its fans also participating in a 2 wheeled death defying risk assessing mode of transport, and the skills required.

[dates are guidelines]
Was it the 60s when the first riders started to lean off the bike...maybe the 70s when knee down happened. 80s when the rear brake was used during acceleration 00s when the doctor's dangle appeared and now Marquez has invented a new style that requires makers of leathers to add an elbow slider.
Elbow down in the wet. It's a thing.

I hate him. Smile

[edit]
Facts are guidelines. Cool

Last edited by Howling Terror on 17:52 - 02 Jul 2018; edited 1 time in total

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 02 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
He's so difficult to dislike with any real conviction because unlike a lot of other sports, bike racing has an air of empathy about it that I suppose comes along with most of its fans also participating in a 2 wheeled death defying risk assessing mode of transport, and the skills required.

[dates are guidelines]
Was it the 60s when the first riders started to lean off the bike...maybe the 70s when knee down happened. 80s when the rear brake was used during acceleration 00s when the doctor's dangle appeared and now Marquez has invented a new style that requires makers of leathers to add an elbow slider.
Elbow down in the wet. It's a thing.

I hate him. Smile

Jean Philippe Ruggia achieved elbow down in 1988 at Donington Park, 4 years before Marquez was even born!

https://www.halltech.com.au/forums/Ruggia_1.jpg

I had the poster on my bedroom wall, at the time!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 261 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10