Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

thoughts on Wolf tec-tour outlast gear

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

stuey2407
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:43 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: thoughts on Wolf tec-tour outlast gear Reply with quote

After passing my test a couple of years ago I picked up a cheapish Spada textile jacket and trousers. It was only a stop gap and has done me ok and survived two trips to Switzerland but is now starting to fall apart.

I popped into my local bike shop and had a browse through the gear. I tried on a Wolf tec-tour outlast jacket and it seemed to be well made and a considerable step up from the Spada. Can anyone give me their thoughts and experiences of the Wolf stuff. Is there anything else that you would recommend. I can't justify the Rukka prices so looking for something mid range. The tour style jacket is ideal as I tend to use a leather jacket and jeans in the summer months.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks well made and quite expensive. Probably a good choice.

I would question "the ability to remove the XTRâ„¢ waterproof membrane."

That implies the outer might not be waterproof and could absorb quite a bit and then take ages to dry, which is quite unpleasant on the textiles I have owned.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC RST and Wolf are made in the same factory hence a lot of their gear look nearly identical but are two separate brands.

[Moto Vlogger Warning] Only review I've ever noted is this one[/Moto Vlogger Warning]

As above RST. Since I discovered them I've never felt the need, from a functionality stand point, to switch brands.

I've had a pair of RST Blade trousers leak on me, once, but beside that everything else has dealt with the use I've given it fairly well.

There's brand new 2018 lines coming out or you can get what remains of the "old" stuff at a little bit cheaper. J&S or sportsbikeshop are probably your two main port of calls -- local stores depending, of course.

RST Pro Series Adventure 3 would probably save you a wardrobe full and do the job you need. I currently ride in the 2 while all other gear gathers dust. If you do like the look, though, you might want to weigh it up against the RST Pro Series Paragaon V (or 6, if that's out) because there are an awful lot of buttons, zips etc (I'd try it on, if you're interested, because I found adventure jackets come up long and therefore require going down a size).

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon that the wolf kit looks good. I was very tempted by the tectour stuff but in the end bought an RST Paragon 5 suit because I could get it significantly cheaper with a discount. It's great. It has kept me warm and dry all winter, even in some real horrible weather. I haven't tested it in a spill but it seems tougher than my previous more budget orientated rev it suit which worked well sliding down the road. My mate also loves his.

I'll probably buy the same again when this suit wears out, it really does tick all the boxes. It does have a bit of an adv look to it though if that bothers you.

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:21 - 25 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgm wrote:
I reckon that the wolf kit looks good. I was very tempted by the tectour stuff but in the end bought an RST Paragon 5 suit because I could get it significantly cheaper with a discount. It's great. It has kept me warm and dry all winter, even in some real horrible weather. I haven't tested it in a spill but it seems tougher than my previous more budget orientated rev it suit which worked well sliding down the road. My mate also loves his.

I'll probably buy the same again when this suit wears out, it really does tick all the boxes. It does have a bit of an adv look to it though if that bothers you.

Have the trousers proved to be waterproof? My RST jacket is very waterproof but the trousers leaked around the crotch.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 25 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

raesewell wrote:

Have the trousers proved to be waterproof? My RST jacket is very waterproof but the trousers leaked around the crotch.

So far yeah, not gotten wet once. I have just washed them for the first time so hopefully they continue to be watertight.

I think crotch leak can be an issue with any on a long ride though because the water pools and the fabric is massaged into it as you move around

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:25 - 25 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of Furygan trousers that have a one piece gusset which eliminates the four way cross over seam, don't know why RST don't adopt the same pattern.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1