Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What is the rocking horse part for your bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:05 - 01 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

I have a mate with a very large stash of RC34-RC36 parts.I'll ask if you want?

Cheers for the offer. I got one in the end but it wasn't cheap and took a long time waiting for one to come up.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 01 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Cheers for the offer. I got one in the end but it wasn't cheap and took a long time waiting for one to come up.

No worries - If you get stuck for anything, prod me and I'll get you in touch with him.

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:21 - 01 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
Petemate wrote:

Pretty much everything else is interchangeable with many other models, including CM125C, various Rebels, CD250U, CB250 Nighthawk and other 250 bikes with the 233cc lump. So I can keep it going for a while yet.

To be Honest I've never heard or even seen an LA250, however I googled and from I saw it looks like a cracking little bike. I can see how you can use parts from other similar models, even the exhaust system you could swipe from a CB250 because it's probably the same engine like the CD250U.

I suspect mine may be the only one on the UK. (Japnese Domestic Market bike; most of them went to places like Ghana, Vietnam etc) Although flat out with a following wind (yet on level roads) it will only make an indicated 85, the beauty of this little bike is that it is basically a CM125C but with a stroked and bored engine and front disc, so light an d easy to ride. It gets away from the lights quite quickly, enough to annoy the chav hot-hatch brigade, and being slim it is a great traffic splitter.

When I forst got it it had (advised by the seller) a noisy third. So before putting it on the road I stripped the whole bike to spruce it up a bit, and purchased a new pair of 3rd gears for (ouch) about £160. After putting it on the road, and about 2k mies, I found fourth gear a bit whiny, so with research, bought a complete transmission cluster from Germany out of a CA125 with only about 15k miles on it for the princely sum of £35 delivered! So I now have a nice quiet set of gears. Things like front and rear mudguards, and most of the cycle parts, are CM125C. Oh, and funny enough, the exhaust is for a CB250 Nighthawk, I made a couple of brackets to mount it on the rear footrest plates.

Great little bike, just right for me after a 22 year gap, got it on the road 3 years ago. Can't hold anything much bigger up due to age/arthritis etc. Fairly quickly after getting it on the road I fitted a lower handlebar as I couldn't stop it wandering around, no good for filtering. Just couldn't get on with the odd riding position; now very much like the old Triumphs I had years ago, very comfortable.

PS - it doesn't look like this now; eg exhaust chrome deteriorated within 6-7 months (well, it was after all a cheapo set for £100 from the Motor Lodge), and is now finished in Wilko's finest BBQ paint lol.

Last edited by Petemate on 15:08 - 02 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 01 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Main stand for 3rd gen VFR750. Fabricated using very high grade unobtanium.

Now that is the hidden reason why this thread was created. It's a very large community here and we might as well share contacts and help each other out if we can.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Now that is the hidden reason why this thread was created. It's a very large community here and we might as well share contacts and help each other out if we can.

If you want, ask, he's broken quote a few bikes, all cosmetic damage, so probably no fairings, but AFAIK, everything else. He's not social media friendly so I'll have to actually get him on a phone, but it's not usually more than a day unless he's riding in Europe.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original non chamfered exhausts for an early Ducati Monster. Hey ground out too easily / too early so Ducati soon added a flAt spot to the front of the can. Early ones are like hens teeth....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:28 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crankcase oil feed lines - 1977 Suzuki GT500.

Been scouring the internet for a new, unused set for years and they don't exist Crying or Very sad

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any fairing panel except for the infill ones next to the tank or behind the wheel. Blue and white colours are not a problem but the grey and black ones don’t seem to crop up on eBay very often, I can only see one tail pod on my colours on there at the moment. Unless I buy one of the full fairing Chinese kits.

choogh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:20 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any RT parts with a BMW stamp.

BLB_Rich
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:27 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is almost 10 years old.

I bought it with aftermarket slipons (only mod). Trying to find a stock FZ6 muffler system is like a needle in a haystack.

Sourcing the original so potential re-sale value is higher with both sets of pipes!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonnyFoxtrot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:35 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZS1000 - EXUP Valve.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not quite fitting the remit of the thread, but I have an Adventure Spec carry rack for my Honda CRF, and I lost a spacer, and I contacted the company that supplied it, and they can't find me another one, and so the search continues.

stickybackbob
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:01 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZXR750H1 water pump - bike specific, only made for 2 years

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 05 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pre diversion xj900 - try finding a petrol tank that isn't leaking from the seams at the seat end thanks to the tap not being the lowest point... Cheers Yamaha.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Bricktop
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:27 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the CB1300 it is without a doubt the radiator. OEM costs a fortune, and all the ebay cheapies are, without exception, made to fit the earlier '98-'02 Japan-only model.

When mine went tits up I spunked the money to have one custom-made, and it still turned out cheaper than the ugly piece of shit that Honda want 600 quid for.

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:05 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyFoxtrot wrote:
FZS1000 - EXUP Valve.

CMSNL sell all the genuine Yamaha parts to build a new EXUP valve assembly.

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:10 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
FZS1000. Grab handles. You can get them, but last time I checked, they were something like £90 each, and that was a few years ago. At that time, clutch cables were about £70. I think Yamaha want people to buy their new bikes.
Good condition fairing inner panels are getting rarer if you don't want to buy new parts, as they crack very easily if you over-tighten the screws even a little. If you buy one of these bikes, but get someone else to do your servicing, I would suggest removing them beforehand, as shop mechanics always manage to crack them.

Fazer grab handles come up quite often and cheap on ebay or via the FOC. Ive got two sets, one pair are mine which were removed to fit my pannier rails, the others were removed to fit a rack. Plenty of people fit racks to the Fazer and sell them with them on, so end up with grab handles kicking about. Put a want ad on the FOC.
Faring infill panels I have to agree, but I think CMSNL sell them new (not cheap) and you can get carbon ones for about £140 a pair.

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:30 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genuine Yamaha pre EXUP FZR1000 stuff here.

The red stripe decal on the rear seat cowl on the White/red/blue Pre EXUP FZR1000 is impossible to get. Ive never seen one for sale anywhere. I'm probably going to have to make one from vinyl if I can find a good enough match.

The rear seat cowl is getting very expensive to buy even second hand.

The rear light surround is unavailable new and usually broken second hand, the vertical parts are very thin and snap easily, I blagged one from Belgium for £25 delivered in perfect nick, happy days when that arrived as described.

The FZR pure sports decals and the two decals either side of the headlights are difficult to get without resorting to the USA and all of the customs charges that brings, if they get delivered at all, there's only one thing worse than paying £60 for two simple decals, and that is spending £60 on two simple decals and finding that they have been lost in our wonderful postal service. Not happy about that one at all.

Of course these are the things we have to deal with when trying to restore a bike that's more than 30 years old.

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 06:26 - 24 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat_Rich wrote:
My bike is almost 10 years old.

I bought it with aftermarket slipons (only mod). Trying to find a stock FZ6 muffler system is like a needle in a haystack.

Sourcing the original so potential re-sale value is higher with both sets of pipes!

You sure/ Putting "fz6 exhaust" into ebay brings up at least 10 stock mufflers on page one Thinking

I kept mine in the garage somewhere.

Rocking horse part for that bike has to be the genuine flyscreen, they come up less than once a year.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:16 - 24 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably genuine fairings impossible to get from the dealers. I see them in their online shops as 'unavailable'. Ebay and used parts market is not very promising either. So I better keep my bike upright.

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 24 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to find suitable tassels for any bike I've ever had.

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:26 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is getting very hard to find a TRX850 alternator cover that doesn't have a hole in it, as it's the first thing to touch down if the bike has a sleep on its left side. This is one of the few parts of the motor that is not the same as the TDM, different holes drilled out for the different gear linkage. I finally found one that was merely scraped half way through, slathered it with Araldite and gave it a quick spray of paint - you can barely tell Whistle Straight headlight brackets and original fairings are getting hard to find too.

Finding a CBX250RS petrol tank that doesn't leak is impossible too.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2