Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 01:15 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

It's a pretty tall bike and I'm on the balls of my feet sitting on it. Absolutely incredible bike, really smooth, catapults you round corners like they are nothing and wheelies all over the gaff. End can incoming in the next 10 days as the stock is pants.

https://i.imgur.com/cxMqQEd.jpg

Also just got the ape back after it munching 3rd gear (fixed under warranty) and a 6,000 mile service. The husky makes the ape look small.

https://i.imgur.com/j1KaKQw.jpg

Thought I'd grab a new lid too and retire the old carbon bandit with a Scorpion EXO 1400 carbon.

https://i.imgur.com/L8iaTwz.jpg

Mega impressed with the lid so far.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:34 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks absolutely nuts! It must be great fun. Thumbs Up

I obviously don't need to remind you not to park it where the local scumbags can see it.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:26 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
I'm on the balls of my feet

Looks more like the balls of one foot.

Do want, and I am miffed that they are too racist to make them for Scotches, wamen, or most of humanity for that matter. 890mm is only 20mm shorter than the big-wheel enduro. Does it really need all that ground clearance? Crying or Very sad

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But It does make for a good view in urban traffic .. .
Have you fitted the mirror extentions ?

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 13:47 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I obviously don't need to remind you not to park it where the local scumbags can see it.

They never get parked up anywhere other than my garage or where I can see it Thumbs Up

Rogerborg wrote:
Jayy wrote:
I'm on the balls of my feet

Looks more like the balls of one foot.

Do want, and I am miffed that they are too racist to make them for Scotches, wamen, or most of humanity for that matter. 890mm is only 20mm shorter than the big-wheel enduro. Does it really need all that ground clearance? Crying or Very sad

I had the other foot up but I can get both balls of my feet down, which is jusssst enough to be stable on it. Soon as the mrs sits on it, it compresses another 1 inch so I can flat foot, which is handy.

Unless I was taking this off some sweet jumps, I don't think it needs hardly any of that ground clearance. You could probably shave a few inches off the suspension / seat if you needed it. The enduro is a fair bit taller again, probably too much for me.

Copycat73 wrote:
But It does make for a good view in urban traffic .. .
Have you fitted the mirror extentions ?

Not yet, just removed the stock mirrors and it kind of has a tail tidy built in if you remove the plastic hangar bit that comes stock and drill some new holes in the plate. I only picked it up Friday afternoon, so haven't had a chance to get hold of any trick bits.

Will be putting at least one mirror on there, a bash plate for the engine , an exhaust and some crash bungs and on the advice of a pal who has a 17 model, a 15t front sprocket.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:17 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Does it really need all that ground clearance? Crying or Very sad

Duke? Okay, it's got a bit more weight, but (at least when I test rode them way-back when they first came out) it was a bit smoother thanks to that too. Edit; actually only a smidgen more. Guess the 690 has got a bit plumper with ABS, twin sparks and so on.
Listed as 835mm and will drop a bit more when you sit on it still having more travel than average I think.

Last edited by G on 14:32 - 02 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like just the thing with state of the roads these days.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:33 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

Shank69 wrote:
Jayy wrote:
It's a pretty tall bike and I'm on the balls of my feet sitting on it.

Oh my god you look so fucking cool! How tall are you?
I wonder why KTM make all their bikes for tall riders- I really thought about the Superduke 990 as a second bike to complement 600rr after selling the SV
Edit: third not second

I'm 5ft 9 with an inside leg of 31"

This is my third bike too, got a Benelli TNT as well, but I'm going to sell it as it just doesn't get used and most certainly won't now I got this Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:11 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

Shank69 wrote:
I wonder why KTM make all their bikes for tall riders

They don't - the smaller Dukes, RC range etc are lower.

The SMC-R, now Husky 701 is a supermoto bike - the Duke range started with the original LC4 Dukes which were made as a 'for the road' supermoto.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

G wrote:
now Husky 701 is a supermoto bike

and Enduro ... which has an even higher seat height...

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:56 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

As I mentioned in a previous thread - my 690 actually has a taller than stock seat - riding with no luggage etc I have to shuffle off the side to get a decent foot down.
I am 6', but have relatively short legs.
It doesn't have to be an issue - think push bikes, where, while you can go forwards, you shouldn't be able to easily get a foot on the floor while sitting on the seat.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done dude! Thumbs Up

Glad you bought a silly bike that has full Stevo approval and is a fun and laugh your cock off machine with none of this silly daily practically business.

Im trying to resist a new bike purchase of a similar machine, but I was thinking a slightly smaller engined orange bike maybe? I've got to give it a bit of thought as my old clunkers need some spending on too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did ride a husky once, was much scared. Would do again Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike, I'm a big fan of upright bikes. It's like sitting up in a van. That's roughly how the Spacker fits me inside leg
wise. I'm a whisker under 6ft with 31inch inside leg (long torso and really long arms.) For some reason the Sport Tracker
variant is taller than a stock MT09 of the same model year. I think the saddle is a little bit thicker? Same as you once I
have a pillion on the back I can flat foot with ease. It's nice sitting up there in traffic but the wind at 100plus is a bit much.
I hope your security arrangements are all on point. Thumbs Up Good luck!

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 03:39 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Nice bike, I'm a big fan of upright bikes. It's like sitting up in a van. That's roughly how the Spacker fits me inside leg
wise. I'm a whisker under 6ft with 31inch inside leg (long torso and really long arms.) For some reason the Sport Tracker
variant is taller than a stock MT09 of the same model year. I think the saddle is a little bit thicker? Same as you once I
have a pillion on the back I can flat foot with ease. It's nice sitting up there in traffic but the wind at 100plus is a bit much.
I hope your security arrangements are all on point. Thumbs Up Good luck!

Having done just over 250 miles on it this past 4 days or so, it is a brilliant bit of kit. Thank fuck for my decent inside leg length, my brother in law and sister are both so short that they can hardly ride any good bikes between them.

Wind hitting you at 100mph is also a thing I have not experienced for a long time... it's not great but realistically, these things are the most fun when either on one wheel or catapulting you round twisties.

Security wise... I have CCTV with motion detection setup on the outside and motion detectors on the inside rigged to an alarm inside the garage and the house, as well as much physical security inside too. Dogs also go ape shit should anyone even be in the proximity. Aside from sleeping in there with the bikes, I don't think there's much more to be doing.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:57 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

Wind hitting you at 100mph is also a thing I have not experienced for a long time... it's not great but realistically

A small windscreen ontop can make quite a bit of a difference.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

G wrote:
I am 6' on internet forums but 5"10' ish in real life

Thumbs Up Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:40 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
I'm an internet expert.....
I always thought I was about that actually - when I had my lorry medical the GP measured me at 5'11.68" I think it was (and yes I have checked since at some point).
Ok, that is under 6' if you are expecting people to give you their heights to four significant figures.

Thumbs Up Wink

Last edited by G on 17:07 - 04 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:08 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

A small windscreen ontop can make quite a bit of a difference.

Looks shit though Thumbs Down

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:46 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

Looking at some pics - yes, sure it wouldn't meet your rather stringent requirements Smile.
(My first screen on the KTM was a DIY rally style fairing made of a 6mm lexan; definitely not too bothered myself!)

Does look more 'in keeping' on the enduro version I think:
https://i.imgur.com/KFsVv6O.png

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: This weekend I did do, new bike. 701 Husqvarna Reply with quote

G wrote:

They don't - the smaller Dukes, RC range etc are lower.

Can confirm, even my tiny 172cm (sorry, I'm a scientist so only know metric) frame makes the duke 390 look quite small

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 04:42 - 05 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

No SM / endure / hypermoto is winning a beauty contest really, they are spiky lumpy things on stilts haha.

I run a screen on my dorso as after 50 miles on M6 without it i felt like my brain was gonna leak out my ears from all the buffeting.

Puig ones dont look terrible, not great but not horrible either and it really helps at speed. It seems to improve my MPG by about 3 as well.

https://i.imgur.com/e5RkkIL.jpg

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 02:59 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bike is not for motorway miles though mate, it's just for a bit of light hooliganism and smacking about B roads.

https://i.imgur.com/OCAqrDx.jpg

So last night was interesting... met up with the lads, few of us got 18 plate 701s last week and one got one end of last year on a 17 plate, so there's actually 4 of us with these bikes.

Met up with a couple more of the lads on various bikes, from KTM 690's to a Husaberg 6 something. First ride of the new bikes for some of them, first ride of the year for others.

One lad hadn't been out for a long time and put about £1.50's worth of diesel in his bike before realising and diluting it with unleaded for the rest of the tank...

He should have got a van and fucked the bike off but he carried on riding it and about an hour later, the engine seized on him, flung him off , cracked a few ribs, put a hole in his elbow and wrote the bike off.

Other than that, we had a belting ride out. Got loads of trick bits coming now too:-

Wings Exhaust
Carbon fiber clutch / engine covers
Frame / swing arm sliders
Carbon exhaust guard
Some clip on bar mirrors
15t front sprocket for more dank whoolies
Small plate
Power Commander V
Suspension Setup

Waiting on my mate doing rotweiller intake / pcv and something else tune and see how he gets on with that and I'll probably follow suit.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:26 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very careful not to mention the F word there. Wink
Lads this, lads that... Thinking Supermoto fwends?
https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dzdmoSg61rbon87o1_500.gif

https://i.giphy.com/media/w0d8bAcDFiJBS/giphy.webp

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/inbetweeners-friends-gif-2.gif

TBH and joking aside I'd ride a bit more if I had company, but most of my mates can't ride are too boring to go for
their licence. I do have this one pal I'm working on, he has the willingness but has financial constraints as
he's (at gunpoint) planning a wedding. Was going to go out yesterday but ended up having some beers instead
I bet that was a proper laugh though,(diesel incident notwithstanding) thank feck for the police cuts eh?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 358 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3