Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Attention Kriega US-30 drybag users?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Attention Kriega US-30 drybag users? Reply with quote

As instructed by BCF, I bought myself a Kriega US-30 drybag, which I've just been fitting. I've attached the four subframe loops, which the four hook straps connect to; all good, and the bag sits on my pillion seat nice and firmly.

It's probably just me, but I'm just slightly confused about how they intend you to demount the bag... you undo the 4 quick-release buckles, which then leave the 4 hook straps hanging from the bike - so you then unhook those, which leaves you with the bag and 4 separate straps. Is that the intention? I'm probably overthinking it but it just strikes me as being bit odd that the straps aren't integral to the bike or bag, so likely to get lost or something? If so that's fine; but would just like reassurance I'm not missing something obvious!

caragh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:38 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
No need to unclip the 4 straps just loosen them and then unhook them from the loops, lift bag with straps attached clear of seat.
Takes seconds to fasten back just hooks in loops pull on straps to secure Thumbs Up
I also find the above method is easily doable without removing gloves which is nice bonus when it’s cold and wet.

Last edited by caragh on 22:50 - 02 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unclip them, take the hooks off the loops and clip them back onto the bag after loosening them off. Ready to clip back on the next time you use it that way and takes about 30 seconds to do.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Attention Kriega US-30 drybag users? Reply with quote

OK, so evidently
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
I'm not missing something obvious!

Thanks Thumbs Up

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent 6 months unclipping them and leaving them on the bike before it was pointed out on here that if they get lost / robbed - they are expensive to replace ....

So yes - another vote for loosening and unhooking. 👍

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already stated, they ain't cheap to replace so I just pop mine in the mesh pocket. If I'm at work though I leave them on the bike as it's in a secure location.

caragh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:25 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never felt the need to unclip the straps from the bag, just leave them dangling although they do clatter a little when thrown in the locker 😊

Scythe
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:08 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for loosen and unhook.

If you've got the straps tightened really tight, if you unclip without loosening it's a bitch to get back on, you end up loosening it anyway. As others have said you don't want to loose them on a trip so the best way is to keep the straps clipped on and unhook from the bike.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:11 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save your money and go to Alpkit. Com.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
I spent 6 months unclipping them and leaving them on the bike before it was pointed out on here that if they get lost / robbed - they are expensive to replace ....
So yes - another vote for loosening and unhooking. 👍

Just back from my first trip using my Kriega pack (which worked excellently BTW - very pleased with it).

I found out that - in my case at least - the simple and secure answer was actually to leave the clip straps attached to the bike... I store my disklock under the seat, which I therefore unlock each time I leave the bike: so I just bundled the still-attached straps under the seat before replacing it, so they are hidden away from view. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1