Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Armed burglar stabbed to death pensioner arrested for murder

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Armed burglar stabbed to death pensioner arrested for murder Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43639183

Should be given a medal, never mind arrested

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armed burglar is stabbed to death , Pepperami is smiling Smile

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the right result will come about. Thumbs Up

Well, I'm not sure, but I certainly hope it does.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:31 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wrong result has already come about. Why arrest? Was he a flight risk? Was he refusing to co-operate? Even if he is telling MetPlod to do one (as he absolutely should), what extra powers does it grant them?

An arrest which isn't necessary is unlawful. An injustice has already happened and needs to be corrected. Poor bloody show.

Needs an OBE at least.

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:39 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done that man Clapping

inb4 he gets charged with impeding the progress of Hither Green's "cultural enrichment" Whistle

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man.

However next time please get both the scumbags Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pensioner could be ex-special forces (Andy McNab).

Burgyoolars picked the wrang hoose.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the BBC news, the poor bloke is currently in custody.

So, a 78 year old bloke gets woken in the early hours of the morning to find two guys in his house, one being armed with a screwdriver. A struggle breaks out and one of the robbers gets stabbed and dies. So the obvious course of action is to arrest and detain the 78 year old on suspicion of murder. Clapping

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine a hefty crowd-fund for this old bloke's defence. I'd go so far as to offer a tenner myself...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I can imagine a hefty crowd-fund for this old bloke's defence. I'd go so far as to offer a tenner myself...

Are you trying to put a value on Justice Sir?

Very Happy

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stabbed him with a light brigade sabre, many many times?
Or with a fumbling grab of a kitchen knife while in hand to hand?

Either way, good show, and not unreasonable in my eyes.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:47 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope his brief has got him well primed to spend the entirety of each interview gabbling semi-coherantly to himself about how he thought he was going to die.

I'm also confident, if there is any justice, that on closer inspection the police will find the burglar was actually a robber, which should be borne out by the presence of his fingerprints on a kitchen knife dropped at the scene

EDIT: I Misread it. So the housebreaker was armed with a screwdriver which the pensioner took off him and stabbed him with.

Someone should point out to the BBC that there is no such thing as an "Armed Burglar". Going armed means he is a robber, not a burglar.

Last edited by stinkwheel on 13:50 - 04 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

tactical_pancake
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:48 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

There's an argument for having a regular crowd funded prize fund for anyone who manages to wipe one of these vermin from the gene pool. Kind of like the national lottery, but going to deserving members of the public. I'd certainly contribute too Very Happy , more deserving than council tax etc...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Someone should point out to the BBC that there is no such thing as an "Armed Burglar". Going armed means he is a robber, not a burglar.

They bastirts at the Beeb have had many things pointed out to them in the past.

The problem is they do not care.

Sad

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arrest is just a procedural thing with an incident of this severity. They will secure the crime scene and interview the guy properly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
The arrest is just a procedural thing with an incident of this severity.

Then he should have been bought in for questioning instead.

Arrests go on record even if you aren't charged and show up on visa applications to the US and many countries.

His mistake was not disposing of the corpse.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:06 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Arrests go on record even if you aren't charged and show up on visa applications to the US and many countries.

You can always "forget" to declare it Whistle

In practice, the septics would never find out.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:10 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
The arrest is just a procedural thing with an incident of this severity. They will secure the crime scene and interview the guy properly.

This is often claimed by the police, but it's simply not true.

They could have secured the scene by asking him to come with them. If he refused, OK, arrest. I highly doubt that he did though.

They can interview him under caution. If he gets up to leave, arrest.

They get no extra powers to grill him from making an arrest. In fact, it starts the clock ticking on the time limit on detention.

Arrest isn't necessary unless it's necessary. One of the conditions of making an arrest is saying why it's necessary. "Cuz it's handy for us" isn't one of them.

Maybe not a big deal for our hero, but the kicker is that it shows up on background checks, visa and Septic entry applications, indefinitely.

"Arrested for murder" stays with you forever. If I knew that I was wanted for something, I'd be likely to turn up with a brief in tow whose opening line would be "My client will co-operate fully[*], there is no need to make an arrest, and we'll be claiming mad compo if you do so."

[*] To the extent of sitting there saying nothing.

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thieving bastard got Karma..............well done that man !!.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The Artist wrote:

This is often claimed by the police, but it's simply not true.

They could have secured the scene by asking him to come with them. If he refused, OK, arrest. I highly doubt that he did though.

They can interview him under caution. If he gets up to leave, arrest.

They get no extra powers to grill him from making an arrest. In fact, it starts the clock ticking on the time limit on detention.

Arrest isn't necessary unless it's necessary. One of the conditions of making an arrest is saying why it's necessary. "Cuz it's handy for us" isn't one of them.

Maybe not a big deal for our hero, but the kicker is that it shows up on background checks, visa and Septic entry applications, indefinitely.

"Arrested for murder" stays with you forever. If I knew that I was wanted for something, I'd be likely to turn up with a brief in tow whose opening line would be "My client will co-operate fully[*], there is no need to make an arrest, and we'll be claiming mad compo if you do so."

[*] To the extent of sitting there saying nothing.

Sounds like OAP played a blinder to me.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to know how our laws work don't ask a policeman.

They are not even Lay-legal.

True story
I asked two of them why they were riding their (police issue) bicycles on the pavement when it is against the law?

Answer: "That law doesn't apply to the Police."

Why are you using a bicycle during the hours of darkness (it was after 23:00) without any required lighting which is also against the law?

Answer: "That law doesn't apply to the police either."

Why are you using a bike during the hours of darkness regardless of whether you are required to or not (as police officers) in the interests of common sense?

Answer: "Our chief inspector won't buy us them."

Why do you not buy a pair fecking lights yourself out of your pocket money as most 'regular' people do? If only to be a bit less invisible like you are in your Navy Garb.
I think Tesco et al sell sets for under a tenner.

I was left with the re-inforced impression that our police are only good at lifting drunks or the mentally compromised.
They are not even good at crowd control.
They do not do well at 'Real Crime'.
Telly cops do that stuff.

Maybe the police warrant card says:
"If in doubt lift the cnut."
Rolling Eyes

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think i'd rather sleep in a nice clean cell whilst SOCO cleans up the mess that stabbling the lowlife left in his house.

Nice cuppa, McD brought in - one less feral c**t for the police to deal with.

It's a win win all round tbh and if the CPS can't get that through their thick heads, it's about time they were rounded up and shot.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Think i'd rather sleep in a nice clean cell whilst SOCO cleans up the mess that stabbling the lowlife left in his house.

It's a win win all round tbh and if the CPS can't get that through their thick heads, it's about time they were rounded up and shot.

Oi you, calm the fcuk down... Rolling Eyes

I meant do not listen to the police not go an shoot them all. Smile

Very Happy

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Oh rly?

If that is the case then they wouldn't have arrested him for murder unless they thought he had committed the crime so maybe there is something else going on.

In reality, the police just want everything locked down, no OAP's on the loose getting hassled by the media before they have a chance to figure out what happened. There is still one of the burglars free and this old guy might be the only witness.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:

Oi you, calm the fcuk down... Rolling Eyes

I meant do not listen to the police not go an shoot them all. Smile

Very Happy

I have no issue with the Police, it's the CPS who need a bloody rocket.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6