Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Armed burglar stabbed to death pensioner arrested for murder

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:52 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
https://www.keepcalmtalklaw.co.uk/de-arresting-how-does-it-work/

Contains links to various bits of legislation.

Informative, but as it notes, it's very rarely done, since it involves the arresting officer admitting on the spot that their reasonable belief was wrong, and... you know.

In fact, it's so rare that I don't even have figures on it.

What I will note is that "when a person is de-arrested the initial arrest is not logged" is not going to remain true, given the push to get coppers techno'd up. Doing "paperwork" on the spot is the goal, and nothing gets deleted from police systems once added.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ste wrote:
https://www.keepcalmtalklaw.co.uk/de-arresting-how-does-it-work/

Contains links to various bits of legislation.

Informative, but as it notes, it's very rarely done, since it involves the arresting officer admitting on the spot that their reasonable belief was wrong, and... you know.

What I will note is that "when a person is de-arrested the initial arrest is not logged" is not going to remain true, given the push to get coppers techno'd up. Doing "paperwork" on the spot is the goal, and nothing gets deleted from police systems once added.

Not strictly true, the notebooks do have a tendency to be 'erased' from the evidence.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:09 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Doing "paperwork" on the spot is the goal, and nothing gets deleted from police systems once added.

Not strictly true, the notebooks do have a tendency to be 'erased' from the evidence.

By "paperwork", I mean interacting with Friend Computer. The Met are pushing for all coppers to be able to interact on the go . Once something (an arrest record, for example) is on Friend Computer, it's never removed. It becomes a question of who can see it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time didn't read all.

Maybe, (I thought) there is a back-story to it all.
Assuming:
'Burglars', says who?
'Stabbed', what was used as a weapon? Burglar reported as entering with screwdriver. Reported by who?
Witnesses?

I think, even though the PoPo are generally inept at a crime scene, there may be more to this than the papers have said. The papers are wanker too.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:41 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What more could there be?

2 low life scumbags break into elderly mans house and one of them comes off 2nd best.

Boo fucking hoo, if he wasn't where he should never have been he'd be alive today. He deserved it whatever weapon was used.

1 career crim taken out, it's a taxpayer win in police, court and prison service savings.

Dish the man a medal.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
No time didn't read all.

Maybe, (I thought) there is a back-story to it all.
Assuming:
'Burglars', says who?
'Stabbed', what was used as a weapon? Burglar reported as entering with screwdriver. Reported by who?
Witnesses?

I think, even though the PoPo are generally inept at a crime scene, there may be more to this than the papers have said. The papers are wanker too.

The papers say the dead guy was a career criminal, with a history of robbing elderly people.

Seem pretty clear cut to me.

Sounds like he got exactly what he deserved, I hope it hurt while he laid bleeding to death in the street like a dog.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:01 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
I hope it hurt while he laid bleeding to death in the street like a dog.

Good show Thumbs Up you’re coming round to my way of thinking Thumbs Up

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Nexus Icon wrote:
The police can un-arrest (de-arrest?) someone and it never has to go on any record or visa. I know, it happened to my best friend (me).

That is different to arresting but not charging and I'd hope it is what would happen to the old boy in this instance.

Citation (i.e. please quote this law)

The only citation I have is that it happened to me, albeit in 1988/89 sometime.

I appreciate it could be a different process nowadays, with all the electronicals and computators and stuff, but back then they actually shredded my fingerprint records in front of me.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:46 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

If po po S136 someone and take them somewhere other than a police station then the person is going to need dearresting.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43676359

No further action, according to the bbc.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:25 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

no further action? How about a knighthood...

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:21 - 06 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncommon common sense prevails.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the man was charged there would be rioting in the streets, thankfully the CPS could see the big picture.. makes a change.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
If the man was charged there would be rioting in the streets, thankfully the CPS could see the big picture.. makes a change.

Dream on. There would be hashtag twitterings on Twatter, posts and likes on Faceberg, which if they became a bit too noticeable would be suppressed and hidden by it's minions, and no doubt there would be Grauniad pieces indicating that it was something to do with toxic masculinity or institutionalised racism, or Owen Jones doing a piece on how chavs were demonised and are really the victims of the piece. There would also no doubt be some scripted safety valve pieces in the Sun and Daily Mail, so the masses could feel that their outrage was really being felt. Meanwhile everything would carry on as before. That is just the way things are done in the UK. That's what makes us the proud land of freedom and democracy that it is.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
no further action?

You'd like to think so but, unless Richard Osborn-Brooks is afforded some, round the clock, protection, sadly, I'm predicting there will be a revenge, Rolling Eyes , attack by the extended traveller family of the now deceased scum bag!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:49 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully his compo for unlawful arrest will pay for a house move. Whistle

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA HAHAHA

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:14 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sympathy card for the devil.

Ah, our hero was arrested "as a matter of course", because "it was important that the resident was interviewed by officers under the appropriate legislation of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act" (as previously, it gives them zero extra powers while 'interviewing') and "so that his personal and legal rights were protected".

Not his right to liberty, of course. And an interview under caution with legal advice gives him every right that arrest does, plus the right to just walk away.

Note the lack of any claim that the arresting officer had a reasonable belief that he had committed murder.

Mad compo.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:21 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Note the lack of any claim that the arresting officer had a reasonable belief that he had committed murder.

Mad compo.

Sorry to be a pedant Borg (posts passim) but no requirement I law for reasonable belief. Merely reasonable suspicion

In legalese, two different concepts. Suspicion = man has died, not naturally, that man was one of a few present. Better ask him about it. Belief = pretty sure he diddoit, will charge him even though he's claiming dindu.

Also what one is arrested with may not be the offence charged with, if any. Murder to manslaughter, attempted burglary to criminal damage etc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:47 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:
Sorry to be a pedant Borg

Not all, <the-best-kind-of-correct.png>

TaffyTDM wrote:
In legalese, two different concepts.

Oh, certainly, if you want to use the English language in a way that a reasonable person would find incomprehensible.

As we're being careful, now, the actual phrase is:

"If a constable has reasonable grounds for suspecting that an offence has been committed, he may arrest without a warrant anyone whom he has reasonable grounds to suspect of being guilty of it."

What grounded that suspicion, I wonder.

Something to bear in mind:

Burglary in progress call, 12.45am.
Dead at 3.37am.

The arrest for murder must have been made after that time.

Let's call it 2 1/2 hours of discussion with our hero before the arrest.

Did the arresting officer really suspect that he'd committed murder?

If he'd actually said "I planned to stab him, I stabbed him, I'm glad I stabbed him", then why wasn't he arrested for attempted murder / GBH before that point?

It's rather taking the joy out of celebrating the death of an oxygen thief.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:09 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the arresting officer did what he was told...

(Tounge in cheek before we launch into another discussion on the independent forming of the grounds)

This is a good question. There will be many variables that those.not flying on the wall will forever remain in the dark. Did NinjaOAP go to hospital himself, did he initially give an account that negated any suspicion at all, then later than account needed clarifying / clarifying later as a result of new information etc etc.

What galls.me is that the family, as sad as it is they have lost their all providing burglar, still thought it fitting to leave the usual flying wiv da angles teddy bears outside this blokes house. Utterly shameless cunts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:

(Tounge in cheek before we launch into another discussion on the independent forming of the grounds)

This is a good question. There will be many variables that those.not flying on the wall will forever remain in the dark. Did NinjaOAP go to hospital himself, did he initially give an account that negated any suspicion at all, then later than account needed clarifying / clarifying later as a result of new information etc etc.

What galls.me is that the family, as sad as it is they have lost their all providing burglar, still thought it fitting to leave the usual flying wiv da angles teddy bears outside this blokes house. Utterly shameless cunts

He was innocent, blud. Tacken 2 sewn.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:05 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
TaffyTDM wrote:

He was innocent, blud. Tacken 2 sewn.

I agree jewlio, being nicked does not make you guilty, as any dindu will tell you

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF is wrong with people?! https://imgur.com/gallery/oZf61
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6