what is a cheap rukka in numbers?

£156 for apollos against £220 for Argosaurus ("£269 for White Yellow). Smile

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
£156 for apollos against £220 for Argosaurus ("£269 for White Yellow). Smile

Try before you buy, though.

I put the Apollo's on during my most recent trip to J&S and found they felt almost empty in terms of thermal warmth and have read comments of people buying Rukka R-Star's or Rukka Mars for winter. Depends what you're needs are, suppose.

I also put the Rukka R-Star's on (£199 on SBS) and found that the 2-in-1 (thermal and non thermal) compartment is alright but the lining moved around a bit when I switched between the two compartments a couple of times.

I like the look of the Rukka Virium but J&S didn't have them so can't comment.

Wolf Tec-Tour (SBS: J&S do sell them but not advertised on their webiste) is probably the glove I tried on and instantly gelled with.

RST Blade's 2 (WP) had a lining that felt like it would offer adequate thermal warmth. Slightly in your face protection, mind.

Shop around, though. Currently waiting for J&S 20% off to come back, if it does. SBS (Sports bike shop) is probably the website to keep an eye on since they price match for everyone rather than the person who finds the deal but would rather spend with them.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The apollo glove is not really an insulated glove. Just waterproof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv87vaOq2EA

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:44 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
The apollo glove is not really an insulated glove. Just waterproof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv87vaOq2EA

This, the Apollo is basically a summer glove with good spring an autumn ability.

They are totally waterproof and offer amazing feel for a totally waterproof glove. I honestly think they feel like a single skin leather track glove.

As i said in prior post tho, the R star is the winter glove.

I just bought another Rukka jacket, a closer fitting less touring bike one for when i dont need like 20 pockets.

I wish shops near me stocked them, i really want to try some of the other stuff on but its too expensive to justify out of interest.

One point, the R star is very jacket specific. It wont fit properly with my alpine star or RST leathers My rukka touring jacket is designed with a sort of inner neoprine sleeve.
The idea is the glove goes over the neoprene and then the outer sleeve zips over it.

The apollo fits that close that all my jackets wrists fit over it.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have richa cold protects as well. They're quite warm and waterproof but their bulk makes them impossible to get inside jacket sleeves so you may find water runs down your sleeves into them. If it's properly wet and waterproof oversuit then it's not a problem getting that over the gloves.

It looks like the the IXS narius gloves that I've had for a good long time now are discontinued. As everyone says look for real goretex, but if you want something that feels good and isn't really baggy and loose feeling look for XTRAFIT, which is a goretex process for bonding layers together. I've had two sets of gloves with this and they feel amazing, but not warm enough for winter without muffs, and I'll probably be wearing the richas on the way home tonight.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for Rukka. Best £90 I've ever spent on kit.

OGR

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Warm and dry? Reply with quote

I've a preference for short gloves for daily use and weise do some good ones. Don't like chunky winter gloves for their lack of feel, when it's cold use alpinestars equinox. Heated grips keep the cold out well enough. 5five rxf4 are my go to gloves in the wet every time though, they can do hours without giving up. However, i carry my weise wave as a swap for when I can't put fives back on due to wet hands. Mrs k has also got weise ones because of their comfort/feel/waterproofness. (She has some triumph ones that are her go to gloves....but can't find them in any shops any more!)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2