Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for refund

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:02 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for refund Reply with quote

Answer :
I'am not.

Reason :
Registration plate on my bike was slightly too small = illegal
+ Examiner had bad mood everyday of his life Laughing

Last edited by ko5i on 13:58 - 13 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an illegal size, there's little point arguing over the angle.

You wont get a refund.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arcane is that you? Eh?

I was also warned the plate should be vertical and that the reflective piece should be long and not a small circle, then again mine is/has neither and I haven't had an issue yet. Doesn't make it legal though Whistle

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’re foreign, you probably deserved it.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:42 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for re Reply with quote

Passing an MOT does not mean your vehicle is legal to use on the road.
For instance, in the past my bike passed an MOT and I got stopped a couple of days later by the police for an unrelated matter (no Tax - it hadn't registered on the system yet and was taxed) and was threatened with 3 points and a fine.
Quite within their rights to do me under Construction and Use regulations or whatever.

Driving/Riding testers are some of the worst jobsworths out there - turning up with anything but a vehicle ready to go is asking for trouble and for them to be generally harsher.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:52 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"is it possible to reject examiner for example next time"

No but he can and will reject you. Laughing Laughing Laughing

As G says, an MOT certificate means very little.

"So yeah question is am i even eligible for refund ?"

The motorcycle or moped you use for your tests must:

be a solo machine - you can only use a sidecar if you have certain disabilities
have a speedometer measuring speed in miles per hour (mph)
display L plates (‘L’ or ‘D’ plates in Wales) on the front and rear
be insured, taxed and roadworthy and have no engine warning lights showing

What's your argument for getting a refund?

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:53 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he was rude, im sure im eligible.
*Joke

Anyway thanks fore reply guys, yeah they seemed really harsh except the mod 1 examiner overall i think they need some vitamin d3 cuz they all seem depressing there

I was just thinking its all good since the one before said just bring MOT certificate but yeah thats past so its whatever now

Will buy legal plate size and make my own bracket to make it more further back so i can fit L plate there as well but before i do this i have few more questions because
I need FULL license ''A'' insurance for the test time, but i heard insurance companies not really into that [but i will try calling few anyway]
i just need for the test because i can ride there restricted and de-restrict within 10 min so only for the test time.

Does anybody know any insurance company that will be able to do so, did anyone did it in past Confused

Also how can examiner check whether its insured for A or A2 ?

Thanks

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:01 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to your question, no. They don't give refunds for idiocy.

With that in mind, I have a question:

Why did you fart about derestricting it before the test?

I've never heard of anyone doing that before, and I can't think of a possible reason why it might be necessary?

Why didn't you just use a training school bike? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:04 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really read, but every time this comes up, I'm careful to say that you need to display L plates front and rear while on test, and while hi-vis isn't required, they'll be used to seeing it, so don't fail the Attitude Test.

If you didn't read, maybe you could blame society for not edumacating you enough.

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 19:41 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh this just comes down to a hard lesson in life, which I've learned plenty times over through plenty mistakes myself.

You half ass shit, you pay the price.

Do shit properly the one time you have to do it, and you won't have any problems.

Yeah examiner was probably a jumped up little dickhead who's wife is fucking someone else while he's at work, but the truth is you had enough time to prep for that shit if you really wanted to get it right.

All I see is you rushing around last minute to meet the regs required to take the test, and falling over on something you could've avoided with a bit more of a proactive attitude.

It's tough but lesson learned for next time. Go sort your bike out THEN re-book.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:57 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

no, no refund.

Put a proper plate on it, act like you are on your test, not just going for a blast.

Don't bother restricting again.

Take L plates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:57 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for re Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
chickenstrips

You need to learn to lean it into corners a tiny bit before you take your test.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:11 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right, it was your undersized VRM plate. Laughing

You know fine well it's not legal, but how awful to be told it to your face. I mean, you didn't do nuffin, except for dat fing dat u noew dat u did du.

I'd highly recommend that you pay several fousand to a brief who will sue them for breach of your human feels. It's the only way you'll get what you really deserve.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:13 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What test centre?

Not that it makes a jot of difference I'm just curious.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
'YOU BEEN TOLD last time to change your plate"

I feel sorry for the test centre at this point.

Well done for being full retard. Thumbs Up

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Silly Reply with quote

You'd been given a 'heads up on mod 1 and didn't fix it. Then, you don't turn up with l plates ready and fail the 'attitude' test when questioned. Refund? Why? You wasted their time.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some testers are cnuts. It is a job a cunt will do so mostly cunts apply for those jobs.

And their mandate is to behave like a cunt with the ' client' who pays their wages.

Refund? No.

Book your next mod2 in a different town. But bike testers are rare so you may be subject to the same group of testers that Nazi is in.

If you book through a training centre then the guys there will check you over before you go for the test.
They like a good pass rate so don't put a machine to a test that will fail inspection.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:32 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I passed my test, I owned a hanging RG125 (which was quick as fuck) that could barely pass an MOT, had no idicators, and couldn't do a U turn in an average road due to steering lock so was completely unsuitable to pass a test on.

I didn't bother trying.

I just used a training centre CG125...

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:04 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Laughing

Don't bother restricting again.

Take L plates.

What do you mean ?
So i can just stick L plates on and go to test center unrestricted ?

MarJay wrote:

Why didn't you just use a training school bike?

Because i would have to pay a lot to the training school/bike Confused and why when i have my own bike

Rogerborg wrote:

but how awful to be told it to your face.

I was told "Bring the MOT pass certificate" wasn't told that its illegal or nothing like this or that i should change it so i did took MOT certificate with me.

NJD wrote:

i3arty wrote:
'YOU BEEN TOLD last time to change your plate"

I feel sorry for the test centre at this point.

Well that what he said trying to tell me i been told this but i know exactly what i been told to do and i did which is bring mot for mod2, ok my fault the plate is illegal yeah but i havent been told to CHANGE THE PLATE or that ITS ILLEGAL so dont tell me i been told to do something when i havent been told such thing.
I guess its just life lesson as someone said, i thought its legal as when i mount it about 2 years ago it wasn't even huge difference from the original legal plate so i thought its legal passed mot twice without even mentioning plates nothing so not that i thought its illegal.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:19 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
ok my fault the plate is illegal yeah but i havent been told to CHANGE THE PLATE or that ITS ILLEGAL so dont tell me i been told to do something when i havent been told such thing.

OK, I apologise. You know best. Just turn up again, because it's illegal yeah but you aint bin told 2 change it or that ITS ILLEGAL tho u noew its illegul but yeah nobudy told u so u noew bets m8 anorl.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for re Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:

•He was like ''you know this plate is illegal, its too small the cameras wont even pick it up because its in angle [which it is but im sure they can pick it up its not bend horizontally fully just slightly] and that ''YOU BEEN TOLD last time to change your plate"

kek

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

F**k refund, you're an idiot !! Accept the examiner's reasoning, rack up next time, properly legal, or, forget it, and get off a bike, take your car test if there's enough about you to do so !

Failing that, there's always the bus !

turningCircle
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 04:30 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you be entitled to a refund? You hadn't prepared your vehicle properly. Take some responsibility for your own fuck up.

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:29 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute thread gold!

OP turns up to tests all “baklif” and then comes on here bawwwing about a refund because the examiner has upset his feels?

The mind boggles Rolling Eyes

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 08:24 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, at first lad i was on your side.
I got the same well known goose steeping dickhead twice, you know its not good when you rock up and the instructor is like "ahh shit hes on today". Guy failed about 70% of people apparently, miserable twat.

First time round he failed me for not "showing" i was using my mirrors, the position of the mirrors on my 125 was perfect, literally didn't need to move my head much to use them fully.

Second time i went i was on a DAS and he was going to fail me due to a lack of L plates on the schools bike i was on.
The bike i was supposed to use that day had broken down and they had quickly pulled a tatty as fuck CB500 out of the back.Instructor took the plates off another bike and sorted it in time for me.

On the bright side i found out his wife left him for a butch lesbian, so Karma .
But yeah i know what its like to deal with a nob head of an examiner.

Reading your post and reply`s however...

First off your attitude stinks. You are there to earn something, you are not entitled to it, so wind it in.We have all been there.

Second, total lack of preparation.Its YOUR BIKE your responsibility.You know the plates naughty, every does.You have been riding around with it for two years but never understood why most bikes plates are the same size ?.
Dont be a dickhead whinging about it.

Third, why are you fucking about with the bike right before the test ?. Why are you derestricting it in the car park before a test ? It would ride differently and do nothing but make it harder to pass.
That is shit that should be prepared in advance.

Suck it up, book your fees and prepare your bike properly.
Get ride of the stupid plate ffs, these "but its only a bit smaller" ones really do look like absolute shit with the daft fonts ect.
Either fit a legal one, or a proper nice one but why bother with this... it looks shit AND its still illegal.

Oh and wear proper kit plus a high viz. They like to see that, it shows mental initiative towards safety.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 352 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4