Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for refund

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:56 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireyphoenix1989 wrote:
Third, why are you fucking about with the bike right before the test ?. Why are you derestricting it in the car park before a test ?

He's going A2 to A. Ride in with a 595cc 40-70kW bike restricted to 35kW, derestrict or "derestrict" it in the car park, ride at full powah for the test.

It's a legit wheeze, although I'd agree with not actually making any changes to the bike. Just do a bit of theatre to show willing, in combination with making sure there are no heheheh technical grounds for the cuxaminer to fail you.

But I guess you don't choose the thug life, it chooses you.

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 08:59 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
fireyphoenix1989 wrote:
Third, why are you fucking about with the bike right before the test ?. Why are you derestricting it in the car park before a test ?

He's going A2 to A. Ride in with a 595cc 40-70kW bike restricted to 35kW, derestrict or "derestrict" it in the car park, ride at full powah for the test.

It's a legit wheeze, although I'd agree with not actually making any changes to the bike. Just do a bit of theatre to show willing, in combination with making sure there are no heheheh technical grounds for the cuxaminer to fail you.

But I guess you don't choose the thug life, it chooses you.

Aye i would just leave the restriction in, pass test, remove later.

Its not like the examiner is going to dyno your bike haha.

bassmastergen...
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:23 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for re Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
question is am i even eligible for refund ? probably not

You knew the plate was illegal, and he told you to change it on your previous meeting. Did you really think this would end any differently?

There's no 'probably' about it. Buy a legal plate and book another test, and maybe de-restrict your bike a little earlier than seconds before your test is due to start - today, maybe? Wink

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 11:46 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question, I think that's being missed here is; WAS he actually 'aborted', or Not; merely something 'lyak' being aborted?
If he was, then no, if he was 'lyak' aborted, not ACTUALLY aborted, then. lyak, he might be entitled to summat LYAK a refund... which may be, but probably isn't, it's just similar to... LIKE...... no... no I dont!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:52 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
English, ostensibly

Wut? Thinking

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for re Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
Hi guys,
Passed MOD1 without any faults first time last week.
Will try to keep it short and simple.

•Booked MOD2 for today
•Went for MOD2 today about 40 min before on my bike in order to de-restrict it
•While attempting to de-restrict it, one examiner came and said that i need L plates [I didn't know my bad, i thought only from 125 to a2 you need, he said ''You dint have A license so you are learner thats why you need L plates'' which made sense. He added ''you don't even have place for L plate i wouldnt take you on a road, go talk to your examiner about it
•I thought there is no point to waste time to talk to him since i need to de-restrict it,
•Some guy next to me said to me that there is somewhere close part shop they might have

•Quickly used google map it was just 3 min away quickly went bought it L plates 2 solid plates and 2 stickers and quickly went back to test centre

>>And there where it starts

•Was de-restricting already put l plate on the front
after long struggle fitting L plate i finally did on passanger foot peg
•And came this rude guy that i knew i will probably have him cuz of my luck [This guy seems like he don't enjoy his life at all and makes other people life bad as well, last time when i was passing my MOD1 to sign my pass paper he was like ''MOVE YOUR HELMET'' in rude tone nothing like could you or please nothing nice all mean but no wonder with that long hair style tail

•He was like ''you know this plate is illegal, its too small the cameras wont even pick it up because its in angle [which it is but im sure they can pick it up its not bend horizontally fully just slightly] and that ''YOU BEEN TOLD last time to change your plate"
•Which i wasn't told to "CHANGE IT " i just been told by my examiner that i should bring my MOT certificate and it should be good, which i did but he was like no you been told to change it its illegal
But ik what i been told so he already pissed me off but tried to be nice and calm
So i said no. i been told "to bring MOT certificate with me for my MOD2"
he was like look see this bike number plate its bigger, and come here * went to other bike see this one is big as well and wanted to go to 2 other bike far away to tell me for 4th time that the bike has bigger plate ? liek wtf just once is Ok
And then he went back to my bike and like

"Maybe if you had different examiner he might take you on road but in my opinion its illegal and i won't take you on road"
+ those indicators are " something in really british slang or i just didnt get what he said "... they too small
and that its a fail because my bike is illegal to ride on road and we ended there and he went back to his building/office

What the f*ck tho i passed MOT with this plate TWICE, never been stopped riding for 2 years, and he says its too small and illegal because the font must be big enough as in standard like it wasnt even those really tiny plate

So yeah question is am i even eligible for refund ? probably not because it says on their website if dont bring all those listen stuff including ''a motorcycle that meets the rules to be used for the riding test
Important
Your test will be cancelled and you'll have to pay again if you don't bring the right things or you arrive late."

So probably not but how come i never been pulled or stopped or failed all the MOT with this plate but the strict picky examiner failed me for my plate being too small, like if i would fail mot or the previous examiner told me ITS NOT LEGAL AND YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT instead " for mod2 make sure you bring valid mot certificate"

meeehh i guess im just unlucky, is it possible to reject examiner for example next time i will make it all legal and i see him as my examiner can i just say i dont want him to be my examiner and can i get different one ?

Sorry because its not short and simple just realized i lost it in the middle
Thanks guys

edit > on the picture its bend upwards but for the test i made it more vertical

https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/185/593/1318554374964.jpg

EDIT: Just realised you're foreign... Good effort but it was painful to read.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
The question, I think that's being missed here is; WAS he actually 'aborted', or Not; merely something 'lyak' being aborted?
If he was, then no, if he was 'lyak' aborted, not ACTUALLY aborted, then. lyak, he might be entitled to summat LYAK a refund... which may be, but probably isn't, it's just similar to... LIKE...... no... no I dont!!!!

Quick guys, we've found a sensible Tef, let's catch it and harvest it.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:29 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
Laughing

Don't bother restricting again.

Take L plates.

What do you mean ?
So i can just stick L plates on and go to test center unrestricted ?

Legally, no, but with that plate, you clearly don't care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cadbury
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:35 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I can see how it must be frustrating to have your test cancelled, you did know the requirements before you arrived, especially having already done it once...

When I was doing my training, getting my license was all I could think of, so was prepared to do anything to get it.

Play the game. Hi - viz? check. Yes sir, no sir - Check. Overly exaggerated mirror and blind spot checks so he could definitely see me doing it - check. I was on a riding schools bike and i still checked it over for obvious errors before I got on it.

Make the effort, and it'll pay off. Perhaps a slightly expensive lesson to learn, but now you know (and surely ace it) next time Thumbs Up

Last edited by Cadbury on 12:37 - 13 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powderhead wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:
English, ostensibly

Wut? Thinking

It's the Librium dosage I think.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 13:21 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for re Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
EDIT: Just realised you're foreign... Good effort but it was painful to read.

I'd tend to agree.
My first bet was YokshiR, but it's still no excuse.... even damnable picts can manage half inteligable English, even with an unhealthy dose of third degree Burns... why kannt thiy' ah siy'!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:52 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

to others cuz i see you didnt read fully and i see repetitive posts i accepted its my fault few posts above, its not like i am able to remember about all, oh wait my tire pressure is 2.1 not 2.2 is that a fail too because it deosnt meet some regulations ? was riding with it 2 years never thought the plate is illegal the difference with size wasnt even huge but its end here since the boss man said its illegal its illegal not gonna argue but he was picky anyway but its a past now.
The only my true fail was i didn't bring L plates, because i simply didn't do my research well [Though i dont need it since im doing A and not 125 license and never seen a big bike with L thats why i thought i just dont need it] so yeah that was my fault with it but i still managed to get L plates in time but oh well.

Will fix it make it ''LEGAL'' and book another one thinking about getting go pro to ensure when i make it all legal he wont be picky because idk he will find something probably if he had bad day.

linuxyeti wrote:
take your car test

I already did and passed first time without even minors for B and 2 minors for A2
But i did my car test at 18 thinking i could buy car but then realized after passing that to insure car its ridiculous expensive even for some 200£ car insurance was 8000£ a year what kind of logic is that isn't it generalization and all other stuff there is no logic here because all those ''Gangsta'' people drive without insurance anyway, you carry a knife in london ? thats ok just a warning maybe a small fine but then they wonder why there is knife crime or drug crime when people just get warnings same with bike stealing anyway went off topic

fireyphoenix1... wrote:

Yeah it might seem like my attitude was not nice but trust me i was nice to him with a normal tone not like him, and if you saw group of examiners you would probably know who im talking about. Maybe he had bad day when i was taking mod1 aswell when he said in rude tone to MOVE YOUR HELMET where he had plenty of space next to it and on the table next but he just wanted to put his papers exactly where my helmet was when i was signing paper for which took idk 5 seconds.

And i wear always full gear

**Also im sure if he turn my throttle he can tell its restricted straight away, as it basically restrict my throttle to really small movement, I would say from 100% twist it cuts to 20% twist or even 15%

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:00 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
thinking about getting go pro to ensure when i make it all legal he wont be picky because idk he will find something probably if he had bad day.

What is the purpose of the GoPro?

Last edited by Panda1909 on 14:00 - 13 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:

MarJay wrote:

Why didn't you just use a training school bike?

Because i would have to pay a lot to the training school/bike Confused and why when i have my own bike

How are the 'cost vs hassle vs savings' stats looking now?

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: get a new legal plate and fit it properly.
2: get L plates and fit them properly.
3: agree with people mentioning to wear high vis and do everything else to look the part.
4: If you get the same guy again, apologise to him, say you understood why he cancelled the test.
5: pass the test.

I'd probably also recommend keeping the legal plate on the bike, and avoiding things like loud exhausts etc.

This is coming from someone that's convinced the only reason I ended up in court for speeding was because of my loud exhaust. e.g. they were too far behind to see me, but they must have heard me giving it everything.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panda1909 wrote:
i3arty wrote:
thinking about getting go pro to ensure when i make it all legal he wont be picky because idk he will find something probably if he had bad day.

What is the purpose of the GoPro?

I guess so he can appeal if he fails. I'd have thought wearing a camera would lead to an even more picky examiner, as normally whatever happens when the two of you go brokeback mountain stays a mystery Wub

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:31 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I guess so he can appeal if he fails. I'd have thought wearing a camera would lead to an even more picky examiner, as normally whatever happens when the two of you go brokeback mountain stays a mystery Wub

Ah, but whats the fun in going brokeback if there's no video?

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:33 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also

DVSA wrote:
DVSA will under no circumstances accept, comment on, or review audio or video footage provided by a test candidate or third party to facilitate a challenge to the conduct of any theory or practical test or its result.

But as we've already ascertained, this fella is an outlaw, and laws mean nothing to such a fellow

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:45 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original post has been deleted therefore I shall undelete it.

Ste for mod. Laughing

"Hi guys,
Passed MOD1 without any faults first time last week.
Will try to keep it short and simple.

•Booked MOD2 for today
•Went for MOD2 today about 40 min before on my bike in order to de-restrict it
•While attempting to de-restrict it, one examiner came and said that i need L plates [I didn't know my bad, i thought only from 125 to a2 you need, he said ''You dint have A license so you are learner thats why you need L plates'' which made sense. He added ''you don't even have place for L plate i wouldnt take you on a road, go talk to your examiner about it
•I thought there is no point to waste time to talk to him since i need to de-restrict it,
•Some guy next to me said to me that there is somewhere close part shop they might have

•Quickly used google map it was just 3 min away quickly went bought it L plates 2 solid plates and 2 stickers and quickly went back to test centre

>>And there where it starts

•Was de-restricting already put l plate on the front
after long struggle fitting L plate i finally did on passanger foot peg
•And came this rude guy that i knew i will probably have him cuz of my luck [This guy seems like he don't enjoy his life at all and makes other people life bad as well, last time when i was passing my MOD1 to sign my pass paper he was like ''MOVE YOUR HELMET'' in rude tone nothing like could you or please nothing nice all mean but no wonder with that long hair style tail

•He was like ''you know this plate is illegal, its too small the cameras wont even pick it up because its in angle [which it is but im sure they can pick it up its not bend horizontally fully just slightly] and that ''YOU BEEN TOLD last time to change your plate"
•Which i wasn't told to "CHANGE IT " i just been told by my examiner that i should bring my MOT certificate and it should be good, which i did but he was like no you been told to change it its illegal
But ik what i been told so he already pissed me off but tried to be nice and calm
So i said no. i been told "to bring MOT certificate with me for my MOD2"
he was like look see this bike number plate its bigger, and come here * went to other bike see this one is big as well and wanted to go to 2 other bike far away to tell me for 4th time that the bike has bigger plate ? liek wtf just once is Ok
And then he went back to my bike and like

"Maybe if you had different examiner he might take you on road but in my opinion its illegal and i won't take you on road"
+ those indicators are " something in really british slang or i just didnt get what he said "... they too small
and that its a fail because my bike is illegal to ride on road and we ended there and he went back to his building/office

What the f*ck tho i passed MOT with this plate TWICE, never been stopped riding for 2 years, and he says its too small and illegal because the font must be big enough as in standard like it wasnt even those really tiny plate

So yeah question is am i even eligible for refund ? probably not because it says on their website if dont bring all those listen stuff including ''a motorcycle that meets the rules to be used for the riding test
Important
Your test will be cancelled and you'll have to pay again if you don't bring the right things or you arrive late."

So probably not but how come i never been pulled or stopped or failed all the MOT with this plate but the strict picky examiner failed me for my plate being too small, like if i would fail mot or the previous examiner told me ITS NOT LEGAL AND YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT instead " for mod2 make sure you bring valid mot certificate"

meeehh i guess im just unlucky, is it possible to reject examiner for example next time i will make it all legal and i see him as my examiner can i just say i dont want him to be my examiner and can i get different one ?

Sorry because its not short and simple just realized i lost it in the middle
Thanks guys

edit > on the picture its bend upwards but for the test i made it more vertical"

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

You've obviously read the posts before your 2nd one and then have chosen to keep your attitude set to annoy, wind your neck in a bit, do the 'nod and smile' 'yessir nosir' as has been said before. I believe you can't film a test...see rules on Dvsa site.

However, what a great idea, spend good money on a go pro rather than hiring a school bike and having no issues.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panda1909 wrote:
Also

DVSA wrote:
DVSA will under no circumstances accept, comment on, or review audio or video footage provided by a test candidate or third party to facilitate a challenge to the conduct of any theory or practical test or its result.

But as we've already ascertained, this fella is an outlaw, and laws mean nothing to such a fellow

Interesting but then what's the point in challenging in the first place, surely it'll be your word against theirs? The only actual person I know who challenged their fail for not getting up to speed on a national speed limit road... lost Smile

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:

but i havent been told to CHANGE THE PLATE or that ITS ILLEGAL so dont tell me i been told to do something when i havent been told such thing.

Why do you think it is someone else's job to make sure your bike is legal? It's your bike, you make sure it's legal.

i3arty wrote:
GoPro

If I was an examiner and someone turned up wearing a GoPro in the hopes it would stop them being failed, I would be inclined to pick up on every tiny mistake I could to fail them.

You've made a mistake, just accept it; stop trying to point the finger of blame everywhere other than yourself.

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:50 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Interesting but then what's the point in challenging in the first place, surely it'll be your word against theirs? The only actual person I know who challenged their fail for not getting up to speed on a national speed limit road... lost Smile

I think the point of the appeal is to basically get a free re-test, a friend appealed their failure as the kerb they apparently hit, was not actually there.

The decision didn't get overturned, they just got a refund for their test. Which they took and then failed Laughing

It's more if you've been blatantly hard done too, by something that cannot be questioned (i.e kerbing a kerb that wasn't there) you get a refund.

EDIT: There was a kerb, but it was a flat kerb, which should only be a minor offence apparently

EDIT 2.0: This was in a car, not a on a bike

Last edited by Panda1909 on 16:18 - 13 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:14 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for re Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
half inteligable [sic] English

QFT.

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:40 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:

How are the 'cost vs hassle vs savings' stats looking now?

So far just 75£ wasted instead 300+

-monty- wrote:

Why do you think it is someone else's job to make sure your bike is legal? It's your bike, you make sure it's legal.

As i said, yes its my fault for having illegal plate but i hate when people tell me something like ''you been told'' where i wasn't told anything like this. Well my bad but its not like i was shouting back at him, i'm usually a nice person and don't raise my tone of voice on people like he does on nearly everyone, i think people with him have like 60% fail rate.

I seen couple of people recording during their tests both mod 1 and 2.
Why would i record ? because as someone above said example that they might fail you for something that didn't have place, and how would you prove someone that he's wrong ?

But yeah will probably save my hassle and not record and just hope i wont get this guy because if he will have bad day again as all the time he could probably even say there is a piece or dirt on mud guard or chip or rock in my tire thread and it might fly and hit his eye behind and he will not take the risk
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4