Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Failed Mod 2 before i even started, am i eligible for refund

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:

As i said, yes its my fault for having illegal plate but i hate when people tell me something like ''you been told'' where i wasn't told anything like this.

Without trying to cause offence, this is a pathetically childish attitude - deflecting the thing you did wrong by criticizing how somebody else reacted to it.

What he said makes no difference to the plate. Your plate, that you had on your bike.

Just finish that sentence before the "but", learn from it and move on.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panda1909 wrote:
Which they took and then failed Laughing

I guess the examiner's informed of an appeal? If you get them again that would be interesting Razz Seeing as the bulk of the test cost is hiring the school bike/car I don't really see the point. Maybe if you were DIY'ing it and were hard up.

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:40 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
i3arty wrote:

As i said, yes its my fault for having illegal plate but i hate when people tell me something like ''you been told'' where i wasn't told anything like this.

Without trying to cause offence, this is a pathetically childish attitude - deflecting the thing you did wrong by criticizing how somebody else reacted to it.

Yeah i know its my fault, it's just that i didn't knew at all that the plate is illegal i remember on MOD1 other examiner said stuff about the angle however nothing was mentioned about the size so i just got to know its illegal on MOD2 test.
If i knew clearly that its illegal and i would have this guy as examiner i would change my plate for sure, i had about 4 days for it.

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:44 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I guess the examiner's informed of an appeal? If you get them again that would be interesting Razz

Think so, because he want from 3 minors, 1 major to 18 minor and 2 majors Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, an appeal has to be initiated in magistrates court, and you only get your test fee's back *if* you win your appeal, which is unlikely, and you will still need to re-sit the test. You do not get any other costs back, no matter if you win.

However, someone in this neck of the woods has done just that. It was very specific circumstances, none of which are applicable to you, he rides impeccably, he's not a newbie, but was age restricted on an A2, and was going from A2 to A. He also had concrete evidence of the examiners mistake, a legal number plate and bike and didn't have an attitude problem. Needless to say, examiner knows about the appeal. Examiner was (apparently - tales from the grapevine) given a doozy of a verbal dressing down, but still examines. Passed the lad a fortnight after the appeal came through, no faults, but this is an exceedingly rare occurrence.

Stop bitching, go take your test again, make sure you prepare better.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:59 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
If i knew clearly that its illegal and i would have this guy as examiner i would change my plate for sure

You'd only get your bike legal if you know for sure that you'll run into someone who'll care that it's not?

Maybe you could appeal against your last MOT pass and have your vehicle properly declared unfit for road use?

In the meantime: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/698421/inf104-vehicle-registration-numbers-and-number-plates.pdf

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:24 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
i3arty wrote:
If i knew clearly that its illegal and i would have this guy as examiner i would change my plate for sure

You'd only get your bike legal if you know for sure that you'll run into someone who'll care that it's not?

Maybe you could appeal against your last MOT pass and have your vehicle properly declared unfit for road use?

In the meantime: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/698421/inf104-vehicle-registration-numbers-and-number-plates.pdf

Maybe if i was person like the examiner i might make someones day bad as well and go report who ever passed my mot for not doing his job properly.

Thanks for the document by the way, and i will actually go tomorrow measure my plate and letters, i know its probably smaller but just wondering if the difference is so huge.

>I have question, which one ''design specification" is for motorbikes ?

Because on the page 8/9 it doesnt say its for motorbikes just say vehicles.
But then under "Motorcycles and tricycles"
It just says where to display.. on the back.
But doesn't say clearly about motorcycle specification, it just says
Tricycles made from four wheeled bodies should follow requirements on page 9
quadricycles .... requirements shown below "in every other case they must meet the requirements on page 9.

But on motorcycles paragraph it only says to show number plate at the back ?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:17 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you even reading about trikes and quads?

One plate, on the back, black letters, yellow background, split over 2 lines. Sizing is as per page 9: 79mm tall characters, 50mm wide, 14mm stroke, 11mm spacing, 19mm between the lines, 11mm border all round.

The full regulations are here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/561/contents/made

Those require the rear plate to be fixed: "vertically or, where that is not reasonably practicable, in a position as close to the vertical as is reasonably practicable, and in such a position that in normal daylight the characters of the registration mark are easily distinguishable from every part of a relevant area having the diagonal length [22m]"

https://i.imgur.com/4d3xnBV.png

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:17 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
i know its probably smaller but just wondering if the difference is so huge.

Rolling Eyes
Previously, i3arty wrote:
ok my fault the plate is illegal yeah

Dry your eyes, you knew full well that it's a small plate so stop bitching.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:55 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy one the right size, ffs

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gets advice.
Ignores advice.
Gets more advice.
Ignores that advice too.

I can see what the problem is here.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:22 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Gets advice.
Ignores advice.
Gets more advice.
Ignores that advice too.

nobcat.jpg for mod?

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:11 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Gets advice.
Ignores advice.
Gets more advice.
Ignores that advice too.

How did i ignore the advice ? didnt i said i accepted its my fault and that i will fix my plate ?

UP
No i didn't knew my plate is illegal

And i was reading on ''motorcycles and tricycles" so by logical thinking the sizing for motorcycles should be under motorcycles and tricycles but thanks for helping

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it will still be difficult to get a refund coz the person was grumpy.

Very Happy

Get legal.

Get it checked by an MOT station before your next MOD2. Explain you are going to do a MOD 2 on the beast so they will HELP you.

(It may be worth the investment as insurance £35 is not going to break the bank and three years from now you will have forgot about the expense.)

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:30 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called about 3 bike training centers and they said they only doing full courses MOD 1 and MOD2, and no chance that they will let me only use my bike for just my MOD2.

I called my insurance company as well they dont insure for tests.

Now im just looking online for some insurance companies that might let me insure it [Question i know probably stupid but how can DVLA guy check if my bike is insured for the test or not [if i have insurance for A2 it will show my bike is insured i dont think he can check if its for a2 or A]
But then im thinking if there will be something unlucky during the test i cant just put restrictor on back and pretend it was a2 all time, as i was taking A test so that option is a no no.

Does anyone know any insurance that might insure my bike for the test?

EDIT: found 1 ''temporary cover"
But it asks me what is my license ''Provisional or full license"
I have A2 and B ?
Thanks

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:07 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
I have A2 and B ?
Thanks

What do you think?

Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
I called about 3 bike training centers and they said they only doing full courses MOD 1 and MOD2, and no chance that they will let me only use my bike for just my MOD2.

I called my insurance company as well they dont insure for tests.

Now im just looking online for some insurance companies that might let me insure it [Question i know probably stupid but how can DVLA guy check if my bike is insured for the test or not [if i have insurance for A2 it will show my bike is insured i dont think he can check if its for a2 or A]
But then im thinking if there will be something unlucky during the test i cant just put restrictor on back and pretend it was a2 all time, as i was taking A test so that option is a no no.

Does anyone know any insurance that might insure my bike for the test?

EDIT: found 1 ''temporary cover"
I have A2 and B ?
Thanks

I am sure people do this test all the time.

If you do it with a test centre it will be simple but more expensive. (maybe not if you consider time spent preping a bike and then failing.)

I have not looked at it for a while but look in NEW BIKERS section on here.

Shall I google it for you? Very Happy

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:20 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah its fine lol
Thanks for help

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:37 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogerborg wrote:
[from other topic]

That said, it's vanishingly unlikely to become an issue. You'll be on the MID, your Cert won't show your license type, and it's completely legal to ride any bike on a provisionaL while on test. There have been a few folk here who have sat and passed on their own bikes.

Jordan is right that you're only asked to tick a box about insurance, but I'd take your certificate along anyway. I'd expect DSA Derek to take a closer look at the bike for roadworthiness compared to a training school bike, but there's absolutely no reason why you should be refused.

j.m wrote:

Your licensed to ride it whilst under supervision of a trainer or examiner. Get a friend to ride the bike to the test station, then you take it for your test.

So after long research i found those topics that said this

So it looks like, i don't really need to look for temporary ''cover'' for the time of the test because i would be licensed whilst riding under examiner supervision. So that being said i can just ride there on my A2 bike, derestrict it away from examiners sight so i dont hurt their eyes taking of restrictor, and be all prepared high visibility vest, all bike gear, L plates and legal sized plate being vertical and visible and all documents. Very Happy

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: That's it. Reply with quote

Pretty much yes.

Chequered Flag thread.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:22 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: That's it. Reply with quote

Kentol750 wrote:
Pretty much yes.

Chequered Flag thread.

Thank you Jesus. Praying

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
i think people with him have like 60% fail rate.

So you do everything in your power to make sure you're in the 40%.
Did you 'hear' about this stat before or after your fail?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ko5i
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:27 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: That's it. Reply with quote

Chequered Flag thread.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:45 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
He also had concrete evidence of the examiners mistake, a legal number plate and bike and didn't have an attitude problem

im intrigued as to what evidence this guy had on the examiner failing him? just curious

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:
He also had concrete evidence of the examiners mistake, a legal number plate and bike and didn't have an attitude problem

im intrigued as to what evidence this guy had on the examiner failing him? just curious

2 camera's of footage - He was (still is?) notorious for certain things. I don't want to go into detail, as people can identify those involved once specifics get mentioned, it's not my place to be doing that, and by all accounts, it's something that won't happen again.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4