Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How does one know when it gets to be "proper" war?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: How does one know when it gets to be "proper" war? Reply with quote

Like, is it that someone just has to say "We're at war" and then ... we are? Bosho, just like that.

Or do they have to do the Chamberlain thing, and stand there with a bit of paper and speak in Oxbridge accents about important things.

Cos nobody really has the gravitas to do that these days. Mrs May looks like Twiki on 'roids, and Corbyn either needs to shave his head and go Neanderthal, or get busy with the Just for Men. Tom Hardy could do a better job of looking like a serious leader of a Labour party.

I don't know, cos I wasn't born when the last one started.
My mum was - only just, so if this one starts before she snuffs it, then we'll never hear the end of how she lived through two wars ... ugh.

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:22 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: How does one know when it gets to be "proper" Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Tom Hardy could do a better job of looking like a serious leader of a Labour party.

Let's be honest, an inanimate object could do a better job of leading Labour.

At least a broomstick wouldn't run around fvcking Diane Abbott Hand

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that video.
I think its photoshopped.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a proper war until you can't get hold of a banana.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well nuclear weapons rendered massive wars moot.

But sure fire indicator of a really big war would be if the government started conscription.*

When they start conscripting old men and women you know the war is going REALLY badly.**

* + ** this too is moot because the UK can't produce enough weapons nor has old weapons in storage having sold them all or could acquire enough weapons in the event of a massive massive war. So they'd either do the 1 rifle between 10 men thing.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Well nuclear weapons rendered massive wars moot
Hmm, except that since the first nuke was dropped in 1945, an awful lot of wars do seem to have happened. Including plenty which involved nuclear powers, too.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unlikely we have the men, machines or manpower to stage a major war. We've been too used to kicking about sand dwellers and minor league nations for far too long. Armies are similar to the 18th century, small and professional, not a large mass conscripted force. It's doubtful whether we could supply a force of that size, and the population is too soft, as well as lacking any cohesion, because diversity is our strength.

It recently took two days of snow to result in a mass panic buying, that removed all the bread from local supermarket shelves for a week. That leads me to believe that in the event of any war or other drastic crisis the city dwelling population of this country would fall apart into a state of barbarism very quickly. It isn't 1939 any more, and nearest thing to the spirit of the Blitz is this, and just to add a dash of irony it's unavailable.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:35 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
diversity is our strength.

Hugging a Fuzzy Wuzzy is a key performance metric.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll know. Chocolate will be rationed Shocked
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more concerned about Red Bull rationing, to be frank.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:55 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
You'll know. Chocolate will be rationed Shocked

...and tabloids like the Sun and Daily Mail will emblazon their front page pictures with large Union Jacks every day so we remember which side it is that we're rooting for...

Edit: ...not forgetting that they will also assign the 'enemy' a quaint nickname like Bosch, Hun or Argie which will accompany derogatory headline with above flag.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:23 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to brilliant Nigel Farage on Infowars:

https://www.infowars.com/nigel-farage-talks-syrian-false-flag/
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Nigel Farage

I've 'ad 'im ...

Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:22 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Listen to brilliant Nigel Farage on Infowars:

https://www.infowars.com/nigel-farage-talks-syrian-false-flag/

i clicked that link but I seem to have some American boy talking about a hip hop star I never heard of? Does Nigel Farage come in later?

Edit, okay yeah, got it 6m 30seconds in, thanks mpd geezer xx

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your google broken huns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War

The 'war' in Syria is a Civil War.

Foreign interests aye want to dip their oars in though.

The War in America is coz Trump.

Diane Abbot is the Female half of Abbot and Costello

Corbyn is still more effective than May will ever be (he is just not in the Chair.)

War is good. It encourages/stimulates technical and social development. Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know all that, but with all this blatting on about false news, false flags and other assorted bullshit/sabre-rattling, I need to know who is serious and who is less so.

Perhaps they should all head off to the hairdressers first and get a decent haircut before they start Having Pieces of Paper in Their Hands. Cos they fucking need it.

I'm sure war is good, we've not had a proper big one for a while. We all need to have something else to fear apart from the invasion of our privacy or the idea of dying from cancer.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading between the lines fake news is more or less true:

Putin is a cunt.
May is (should have) a cunt.
Trump is a cunt.
Anyone who disagrees with me is a cunt.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But who would "we" (not Trump) be at war with?
Are we just giving the Syrians a spanking because they are naughty little tinkers to their own people?

Or the Russians for siding with the Syrians?
Who is on the side of ISIS this week, us or them?

And what about that funny little Chinesey Guy who was calling Trump a poo-face two months ago? Was that all just posturing?

Or is it all just designed by the Foreign Office so that everyone else appears to be so cunty, that it makes Boris look like a statesman?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has been too quiet on the western front for the news agencies to manage and they NEED to print SOMETHING.

Like TV Radio sports commentator MUST continue to speak whilst on-air or the Broadcasting Dragon will bring fire down on them.

News like Football is a bit of an industry and they need something to sell.

None of the two actually interest me much now as any worth has been so diluted by sensationalism and media moguls.

I sometimes turn BBC World on as I can access from wherever and I understand BBC politics enough to sort some of the chaff.

But the worst part is the News Loop.

Fucking hell......

Even when they are on the article they continuously loop the same 10 seconds of footage that shows something like the outside of a building with some police or someone standing picking their arse or whatever.

Why show it?

Are we thought of as being so dumb-fuck'd that we cannot imagine what a big 'secure' building looks like so they have to feed the image to us for ever?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I hate that News Loop thing.
You sit down to watching half an hour of something that might be informative and you end up watching the same thing seven times. Brick Wall

Give me NEWS you cunts, not re-runs!
Even propaganda, but stop running the same thing over and over.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us Propaganda.

Give us Free Health Care.

And Ste for Mod.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Ste for Mod thing some kind of subliminal conditioning?
I ain't buying it.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Even propaganda, but stop running the same thing over and over.

Like hypnosis, good propaganda works by repetition. Keep it simple so even the most stupid can understand it, and then just repeat the same points again, and again and again. The conscious mind gets bored, the critical factor is bypassed and as long as it doesn't conflict with the person's core values it goes straight into the subconscious.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 'em all up, put 'em in a field anddddddddddd....... Kenny Everett fans know the rest.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 349 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2