Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ladies, help hair problems!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

clairegriffo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:33 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Ladies, help hair problems! Reply with quote

I have just passed my bike test and have my first bike and been riding pillion for a few months now I have really long hair and finding that my hairs an absolute tatty mess afterwards, even after platting it.

Can any ladies (or guys with long hair) recommend anything tips etc to keep it from looking like someones dragged me through a bush backwards, I am just trying to prevent any damage as well.

My boyfriend did send me a link to something that you can wrap around your head and tuck in at the bottom and have like a bun hanging out, but I would like to see what else I can do.

Exploring all options Smile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like some beard/helmet management tips while were at it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert but I think plaits is generally accepted as the way to go.

Mrs Hans used to get her hair tangled when she was driving her Mini Moke, her solution was to get it cut short!

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:58 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

my daughter in law used to put hers in a pony tail then put her jacket on over her hair, then tip her head forward to pull her hair out a bit so you're not ripping your hair out every time you turn you head then put a scarf or snood on

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrap in buff, dreadlock stylee.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:11 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buff.

Plenty of male bikers with long hair too. All the ones I know, aldn Mrs stinkwheel put their hair in a pony tail then pull a buff over the top before putting their lid on.

I braid my beard then tuck it up under the chin strap.

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:13 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pony-tail & multiple bobbles.

clairegriffo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:22 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, I will take a look at some of suggestions.

Razz

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallion. wrote:
Try putting a condom over your head you slag.

Shame your old man's failed.

weekendrider
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:31 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Ladies, help hair problems! Reply with quote

clairegriffo wrote:
I have just passed my bike test and have my first bike and been riding pillion for a few months now I have really long hair and finding that my hairs an absolute tatty mess afterwards, even after platting it.

Can any ladies (or guys with long hair) recommend anything tips etc to keep it from looking like someones dragged me through a bush backwards, I am just trying to prevent any damage as well.

My boyfriend did send me a link to something that you can wrap around your head and tuck in at the bottom and have like a bun hanging out, but I would like to see what else I can do.

Exploring all options Smile.

Same here!! Plaiting and pinning up to avoid whipping of the face at speed, but avoiding going for the chop! Any entrepreneurs out there who could devise something perhaps? Mad

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics needed in order to get the best solution.

From the photo we'll be able to gauge the thickness of you hair, what will and wont work as well as what suits you best.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinéad O'Connor stylee?

gwan-gwan-gwan. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fin wrote:
Pics needed in order to get the best solution.

From the photo we'll be able to gauge the thickness of you hair, what will and wont work as well as what suits you best.

Nice try. I think you'll have to use a different avatar first.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:51 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Stallion. wrote:

Shame your old man's failed.

I have Stallion on enemy so I don't have to see the nonsense he posts but that is fucking unecessary.

Stallion, whatever your problem is, get a fucking grip of it. You obviously don't carry on like that in real life because you'd have been beaten to a drooling pulp long ago.

Whatever your coping mechanism for engaging a brain-mouth filter is, I suggest you use it.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallion. wrote:

Christ Bodyform, you really are a drooling, knuckledragging cockmuncher.

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 18:03 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GF uses a combination of Balaclava + Hairbands and ties it in a bun or a plats it. If no hairbands, balaclava and tucking hair straight into leather jacket behind back, nothing around front otherwise it'll get in her face.

Also 100% of the time carries a Dainese leg-bag with a hairbrush + some kind of hair oil spray thing in it and is always brushing her hair as soon as the helmet comes off.

Hair is always less messy with a balaclava.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loui5D wrote:
Pony-tail & multiple bobbles.

This, I have long hair, I have a pony tail then put another couple of bands around it at various intervals, currently sitting here with 3 in my hair because I cant be arsed to take them out. Wont stop helmet hair but stops the long hair turning into candy floss!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a neck warmer/tube and ensure the bottom of the neck warmer/tube is covered by the collar of your jacket.

As for the beard tips, can't help you there, I get nagged at by the missus when mines starts to grow well !

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
GF uses a combination of Balaclava + Hairbands and ties it in a bun or a plats it.

I personally use just the Balaclava hairband combo. Dance!

Back in the day my hair was plaited, that works well too with a necktube

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:11 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hellkat saying she uses Aussie anti sheeps-arse (anti-frizz) spray. I have also seen said product in Mrs stinkwheels panniers before today.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I remember hellkat saying she uses Aussie anti sheeps-arse (anti-frizz) spray. I have also seen said product in Mrs stinkwheels panniers before today.

And there in a sentence is the difference between boys and girls, especially on a rally.

What have you got in your panniers - Beer & Rum

And what have the ladies got in theirs? - Hair products

Laughing Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:19 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Sinéad O'Connor stylee?

gwan-gwan-gwan. Smile

That's what I wanted to say.

Great minds still think alike. Thumbs Up

I think that Howling Terror is a fcukin' Genius.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:22 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it is legal.

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:09 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Stallion, whatever your problem is, get a fucking grip of it. You obviously don't carry on like that in real life because you'd have been beaten to a drooling pulp long ago.

Whatever your coping mechanism for engaging a brain-mouth filter is, I suggest you use it.

Jesus wept, just get rid of him. There's being a 'lad' and then there's just downright vulgar and abusive. To the OP; we do apologise, generally we're a bunch of misogynistic knuckle dragging gorillas around here and a bit of banter with the laaydees is par for the course but this vile little cock gobbler does not represent our collective in any shape or form.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 354 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4