Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ladies, help hair problems!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:54 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
recman wrote:

I have Stallion on enemy so I don't have to see the nonsense he posts but that is fucking unecessary.

That's all very well, but
with respect

Where's the wisdom/what's the point in being a mod who imposes upon himself the inability to see at first hand a certain member's posts, relying instead on the off chance that some other member furnishes a /quote?
Thinking Thinking

By all means turn a blind eye here and there,
but to actually be blind is doing neither you nor us justice, wot wot?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:01 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're intent on keeping a beard as part of your dress code then you need an open face lid and 'tassles'.

Clean shaven for face is the only way to wear a lid without ending up surgically attached to the lining of the thing or worse, hairs pulled backwards whilst you ride.

Same goes for head but age / stress and a set of clippers took care of most of that 20+ years ago. I now suffer with lining head - where the pattern of the lid foam leaves marks on my skull after a ride. Looks like i did a long headstand on a manhole grate.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:30 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
If you're intent on keeping a beard as part of your dress code then you need an open face lid and 'tassles'.

Clean shaven for face is the only way to wear a lid without ending up surgically attached to the lining of the thing or worse, hairs pulled backwards whilst you ride

We'll have to disagree on the beard, never had an issue myself, and never known anyone with a decent fitting lid to have an issue. Now, the old guys with older style Bell lids that had a mouth vent that was really closely in? Absolutely. But I've not seen one of those lids in well over 20 years.

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:50 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Can any-one remind me, again, what 'Hair' is?
I seem to recall a play... but that's about it........

Musical old chap, it was a musical and Meatloaf was in it....

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:05 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna Summers was in ‘Hair’ too.

As for hair flapping about in the wind, that’s no longer a problem for me Sad .
I now have to wear a balaclava to take up the space where my hair used to be or my bash-hat wobbles around on my head Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
D
I now have to wear a balaclava to take up the space where my hair used to be or my bash-hat wobbles around on my head Laughing

I have a knitted beanie hat my friend made me. I need it when I have a crew cut.

If I shave my head to the bare scalp, in 6 weeks time I need a comb. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

clairegriffo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:47 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Re: Ladies, help hair problems! Reply with quote

Powderhead wrote:
clairegriffo wrote:
Thanks I am all up for looking like a pirate Cool

Any balaclava will do. I just find the silkier ones don't leave my hair a total mess - saves time when I get to the office Thumbs Up

I have been having a nosy online, luckily my office has showers as well so will be getting ready here no messing about in the morning can just shoot off. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 14:11 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Think back, its what them young uns have on their heads and make such a fuss of.

What, baseball-caps, and a blu-tooth ear-piece?
Have to say..... I thought that the aliens had taken over and the beanies were the new tin-foil anti-radio hat, that didn't work.... the number that seemed to be talkking to themselves in the super-market or bus-stop?!?

WD Forte wrote:
Member Brycleem?
I seem to recall a christmas, and Old-Mac (Donald) trying to explain it, something about tractor grease, and old-ladies affinity for doileys on back of arm-chairs, that ISTR ended up in a recipe for eccles cakes?!?!?!?!? Lots of lard and some cake spice?!? Would that be it?

WD Forte wrote:
"Take 2 bottles in the shower"? dandruff and all that malarkey?

Err.... Captain-Morgans?.... Dark-Rum? Why take Bacardi AND Coke bottyles, one will always get tipped down the drain?
Diddn't barry Sheene endorse 'Splashing it all over'?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:

Diddn't barry Sheene endorse 'Splashing it all over'?

I remember Henry Cooper doing that, I didn't remember Barry Sheen but google and U tube is a wonderful thing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5tLfiu7an4

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
off topic here..... slightly I guess... but I notice that Pjay rated the knuckle dragging shit monsters post as "informative"

Shows as 'interesting' for me and to be honest it may actually work at keeping the hair tidy.

On topic to facial hair to which I don't have any issues, the strap sits behind the beard line or the little nest just compacts.

https://i.imgur.com/wft1PTc.png

OP this is my "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" hint.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my unkempt hair I just wear boxer shorts. Sometimes I trim.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hacksherly
Those 'doileys' on the backs of chairs were/are called antimaccassars

here endeth the lesson

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADSrox0r wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Stallion, whatever your problem is, get a fucking grip of it. You obviously don't carry on like that in real life because you'd have been beaten to a drooling pulp long ago.

Whatever your coping mechanism for engaging a brain-mouth filter is, I suggest you use it.

Jesus wept, just get rid of him. There's being a 'lad' and then there's just downright vulgar and abusive. To the OP; we do apologise, generally we're a bunch of misogynistic knuckle dragging gorillas around here and a bit of banter with the laaydees is par for the course but this vile little cock gobbler does not represent our collective in any shape or form.

surely it falls well and truly under

Korn wrote:
Behaving like an idiot for the sake of it
This is not 4chan, it is a bike forum. There is much less moderation here than you might find on similar sites, but there are limits... If you go out of your way to find out where exactly the line is, chances are you'll find yourself on the other side of it signing up for a new username.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz for MOD.

pig hog
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:42 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a beard longer than your chin bar, the best thing I can recommend is just to wear a neck tube all the time to avoid damage and breakage and beard hairs whipping at your neck.

If it's long enough, you could try tying it up as well--a friend of mine tucks his into the neck of his t-shirt--but I have no experience of this.

If your beard is anything like mine, you'll likely still look like a state when you take it off, so take a comb if you need to be presentable.

I'm yet to discover any better methods.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:07 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the guy on enemy since before I was a mod so I'm trying to avoid a conflict of interest or accusations of it being personal.

I keep him on enemy because I see no reason why I should be subjected to reading the bilge he spews forth but equally, I don't think I should ban him just because I don't like him. As it says, this isn't 4-chan.

I am not the only mod, nor am i the only one to have noticed that posting.

On the subject of beards in full face helmets. No problem. Although double D-ring fasteners can be a bit nippy if you get hairs caught up in them.

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/stinkwheel/airoh/1CIMG1645_zps0361a4b7.jpg

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:26 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry; been meaning to post.
Fazer. wrote:
Try putting a condom over your head you slag.

This in this situation crosses way past the line.
Last warning if you want to keep your account.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I've had the guy on enemy since before I was a mod so I'm trying to avoid a conflict of interest or accusations of it being personal.

I keep him on enemy because I see no reason why I should be subjected to reading the bilge he spews forth but equally, I don't think I should ban him just because I don't like him. As it says, this isn't 4-chan.

I am not the only mod, nor am i the only one to have noticed that posting.

On the subject of beards in full face helmets. No problem. Although double D-ring fasteners can be a bit nippy if you get hairs caught up in them.

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/stinkwheel/airoh/1CIMG1645_zps0361a4b7.jpg

Stinkwheel for Admin. Thumbs Up

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pont tail, buff, hair into back of jacket. Easy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:29 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Stinkwheel for Admin. Thumbs Up

Rolling Eyes

nobcat.jpg for mod. Thumbs Up

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamsin wrote:
Pont tail, buff, hair into back of jacket. Easy

Thats what I did when I had long hair.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
ADSrox0r wrote:
Jesus wept, just Rod Me Soft.

Wink

BCF would be greater without anagrams

Thumbs Up

TheCherryCore
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:38 - 06 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaclavas are creating too much static... Ponytail and tuck it under jacket is restrictive (for me at least), ponytail out with plenty of bands (about 7) kinda works, but ponytail tip manages to distract me in the mirror all the time (sidewinds or anything above 50 mph). Same with platting - one or seven (touring journeys)... some hair still gets tangled. Used to carry hair conditioneer and a comb.
...and then gave up and had a haircut! Now I am battling with those tickly short-ish hair now and then, trying to get that out or tucked somewhere while on the traffic lights...

ChantelleC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:02 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always plaited my hair when I've been riding and it's generally always been ok, even when my hair was getting to waist length. A couple times I ran a bit hair spray over it which did the trick too!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:22 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Hacksherly
Those 'doileys' on the backs of chairs were/are called antimaccassars

here endeth the lesson

Anti-maccassar as mens and some bois wore oil in their hairs made from Maccassar Nuts. The anti-maccassar prevented furniture being stained. Smile

(True answer: Coconut oil and perfumes.)

BCF - Every Day Is A School Day.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4