Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

It's that time again...to kick Corbyn in the ballots

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

do you want to kick Corbyn in the ballots and vote for somebody else in the local election?
Yes voting Tory
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
Yes voting Greens
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes voting Lib-dems
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Yes voting Renew
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No I love to suck Corbyn's ballots
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
I'm voting Tory.

Judas!!! Very Happy I'm not voting but it's safely Labour round here, the only interesting subplot is the fight between old Labour (who want to demolish all the social housing) and Jezzas lot who want to stop it from happening. There's similar stuff going on with other (Labour) councils.

Love how Nu labour are now called old Labour, and Old old Labour are the 'new radicals'
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
M.C wrote:
I'm not voting but it's safely Labour round here, the only interesting subplot is the fight between old Labour (who want to demolish all the social housing) and Jezzas lot who want to stop it from happening. There's similar stuff going on with other (Labour) councils.

Love how Nu labour are now called old Labour, and Old old Labour are the 'new radicals'

Well at some point New Labour became just Labour. Old men with grey hair tell me Jezza's old school, it was way before my time Wink That's the only intrigue I have really, what that Labour was like. Is JC our saviour? Smile

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the dumb young lefty haters of middle aged, financially secure, straight, white men are going all out to get behind

a middle aged, financially secure,straight, white male.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Well at some point New Labour became just Labour. Old men with grey hair tell me Jezza's old school, it was way before my time Wink That's the only intrigue I have really, what that Labour was like. Is JC our saviour? Smile

I'm 25 and it's plain as day what a shit heap old Labour are, there is a reason the tories have been in power for a majority of the time for the last century.

Labour - if it's too good to be true, it usually is
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I like how the dumb young lefty haters of middle aged, financially secure, straight, white men are going all out to get behind

I've seen no real mention of JewKIP?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:17 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Mixed race couple...

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/139/590x/secondary/jeremy-corbyn-diane-abbott-381200.jpg

Rob Fzs wrote:
M.C wrote:

I'm 25 and it's plain as day what a shit heap old Labour are, there is a reason the tories have been in power for a majority of the time for the last century.

Labour - if it's too good to be true, it usually is

That's the thing it depends who you ask. I remember how poor everyone was coming off the backend of a Thatcher government (then with Major), how things got better under Labour, then shite again when the Tories got back in with help from bitch Clegg.

I realise you also have to factor in recessions but we're meant to be in the 'good' times now and it's still shit. Most people I know said it was shit the whole time under Thatcher as well, it seems to be a few yuppies that enjoyed it, and it's interesting how civil unrest flares up under the Tories.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to say Labour were just appeasing gimmedats, but they seem to be the difference between working to enjoy your life, and under the Tories working just to survive. Still not voting though Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Mixed species couple...

FTFY Hate the woman with a passion. She's living proof that even if you stick a red rosette on a fat, hypocritical,
condescending moron, who is only where they are due to tokenism. The residents of Hackney would still eagerly
vote for it because they are every bit as racist as she is. They deserve each other.

I won't repost the pic, someone might be put off their dinner.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:10 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I go back to uni tomorrow I can vote in the locals, but there is no election in my home town where I am now. It's a Labour seat there but I'd vote Tory, if I was there, which I probably won't be.

I like Jeremy, I just don't like him doing important jobs. I like John more though, especially when he ran away with the Mace, or when he swims through vomit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 06:50 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
So it always happened, but not to me or any other basic rate tax payers?

Correct Very Happy

As I said, dividends have always been taxed twice, affecting higher and additional rate taxpayers. Dividends paid to basic rate taxpayers were also taxed twice (at 10%) but the dividend tax credit meant their effective tax rate was 0%. Which bit didn't you understand? Rolling Eyes

I didn't realise I'd need to explain it in such detail, but it's all too easy to forget about the guys at the bottom. Damn my toxic internalised Tory nature Sad

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:23 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powderhead wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
So it always happened, but not to me or any other basic rate tax payers?

Correct Very Happy

As I said, dividends have always been taxed twice, affecting higher and additional rate taxpayers. Dividends paid to basic rate taxpayers were also taxed twice (at 10%) but the dividend tax credit meant their effective tax rate was 0%. Which bit didn't you understand? Rolling Eyes

I didn't realise I'd need to explain it in such detail, but it's all too easy to forget about the guys at the bottom. Damn my toxic internalised Tory nature Sad

Don't expect an apology though. He'll probably just enemy you like he did with everyone else who showed him to be a mug.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:24 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
M.C wrote:

Mixed species couple...

FTFY Hate the woman with a passion. She's living proof that even if you stick a red rosette on a fat, hypocritical,
condescending moron, who is only where they are due to tokenism. The residents of Hackney would still eagerly
vote for it because they are every bit as racist as she is. They deserve each other.

I won't repost the pic, someone might be put off their dinner.

You said middle aged. I think Jezza is the wrong side of 60 to be classed as middle aged? Thinking
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:07 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not looking at the whole picture Laughing You need to account for corporation tax changes as well.

mpd72 wrote:
I’m talking about basic rate tax payers like me, being screwed by the government, you divnut. Which bit didn’t you understand?

Screwed, you say Thinking

mpd72 wrote:
Some, like people in my situation, are getting royally fecked up the arse by this government.

Up the arse, you say Thinking

[facts]A one-man band Ltd Co director paying the basic rate of tax only is better off in 2017/18 than he was in 2016/17 Laughing[/facts]

Here's an example:

2016/17 wrote:

YourCo Ltd revenue: £42,000
Salary: (£8,060)
YourCo Ltd profit before tax: £33,940
CT rate: 20% [for 2016/17]
CT: £6,788
YourCo Ltd profit after tax: £27,152

Dividend tax allowance: (£5,000)
Total taxable dividend: £22,152

Total taxable income: £30,212
Personal allowance: (£11,000) [for 2016/17]

Dividend subject to further tax: £19,212
Tax rate on dividends in excess of the allowance: 7.5%
Tax on dividend: £1,441

Total net take-home pay: £8,060 [salary] + £27,152 [dividends] - £1,441 [additional tax on dividends] = £33,771

2017/18 wrote:

YourCo Ltd revenue: £42,000 (Note: this is identical to the year before, in order to give a fair comparison)
Salary: (£8,164) (Note: updated to maximise take-home pay)
YourCo Ltd profit before tax: £33,836
CT rate: 19% [reduced for 2017/18]
CT: £6,429
YourCo Ltd profit after tax: £27,407

Dividend tax allowance: (£5,000)
Total taxable dividend: £22,407

Total taxable income: £30,571
Personal allowance: (£11,500) [for 2017/18]

Dividend subject to further tax: £19,071
Tax rate on dividends in excess of the allowance: 7.5%
Tax on dividend: £1,430

Total net take-home pay: £8,164 [salary] + £27,407 [dividends] - £1,430 [additional tax on dividends] = £34,141

Happy to help Thumbs Up In this example, you are £370 better off in 17/18 than you were in 16/17. You'll be even better off in 2020/21 when they reduce the CT rate to 17% and keep increasing the personal allowance and NI thresholds Very Happy

Powderhead wrote:
Which bit do you need the help of an adult accountant with?

Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Don't expect an apology though. He'll probably just enemy you like he did with everyone else who showed him to be a mug.

It's so peaceful now Wub

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:47 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Not only have you skewed it to the maximum of a basic rate tax payer, your example is between both years since the rules changed and the 2 years we got shafted.

It was a random figure, but it will still show a higher take-home in 17/18 than 16/17 whatever figure I use. Give me any revenue figure you like and I'll do it again Thumbs Up

And I just chose the most recent two tax years. I didn't think a 2010/11 calculation would be of interest.

mpd72 wrote:
You're comparing "shafted" to "shafted ever so slightly differently".

I wouldn't call increased take-home income "shafted" Very Happy

mpd72 wrote:
Try 15/16 as the comparison. You know, before we were having to pay tax twice on dividends!

You mean the year you paid tax twice but got a dividend tax credit? Wink

Give me an approximate revenue figure and I'll do it for the last four years for a laugh.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:46 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real footage of Corbyn after he realised he fucked up today

https://i.imgur.com/cWPAun2.gifv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:22 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I want to kick op onto the next flight from Heathrow to somewhere far away. Thumbs Up

Ste for mod 2018.

Yes, I will drive the bastirt (the op) to the airport on behalf of the party too if possible.

Ste for Mod 2018 (Lifetime Peerage)

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:41 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, UKIP, we barely knew ye. Crying or Very sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Alas, UKIP, we barely knew ye. Crying or Very sad

It's not surprising. Farage was UKIP and when he said words to the effect of Job Done after Brexit it put the nail in the coffin. All the other leadership shenanigans was just a few extra 6" jobbies through the heart.

I'm not convinced it's the end of UKIP though. If they can actually go a while with a decent leader and not shoot themselves in the foot I reckon there could be a come back when we are sold down the river by the Brexit negotiators.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Brexit fuckers forget rapidly how close the vote was to leave/stay.

Who knows what is best?

No one in government knows.

No one on BCF knows.

For those who voted stay it is not the fear of the unknown but the chance we cut our noses off to spite our face.

Last edited by MCN on 13:23 - 04 May 2018; edited 1 time in total

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Merderside. The bigots only know one way to vote and you really could actually be stabbed if they found out you voted otherwise.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3