Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

cbr600fs exhaust

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:36 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: cbr600fs exhaust Reply with quote

hi all

looking to change my original exhaust on the cbr600fs for a shorter one, never modified a bike before so havnt a clue, any recommendations? i would like one a bit louder for my commute (loud pipes save lives) but not so loud I need to wear ear plugs, and i prefer the shorter ones

cheers Thumbs Up

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Re: cbr600fs exhaust Reply with quote

bigdom86 wrote:
hi all

looking to change my original exhaust on the cbr600fs for a shorter one, never modified a bike before so havnt a clue, any recommendations? i would like one a bit louder for my commute (loud pipes save lives) but not so loud I need to wear ear plugs, and i prefer the shorter ones

cheers Thumbs Up

Shorter = louder

I'd say ear plugs are a necessity whatever you ride if you don't want to damage your hearing long term. Wind noise at higher speeds will damage you eventually.

As for what to get, I'd look on eBay for used cans and see what comes up, go to YouTube to see if you can find someone doing a sound test with it on your bike. There are loads for most bikes out there.

Last edited by bacon on 21:53 - 09 May 2018; edited 1 time in total

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use any it's just you'll need the correct link pipe from your down pipes.

Also if it's not got a hole drilled for one you will also need a Lambda sensor eliminator.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
You can use any it's just you'll need the correct link pipe from your down pipes.

Also if it's not got a hole drilled for one you will also need a Lambda sensor eliminator.

If CBR600fs means a 2001/2002 CBR600f sport, it doesn't have a lambda sensor.

They weren't introduced for a few more years.

As for a louder can, I have had a full length scorpion on my CBR6f for 9 years, sounds good and would polish up perfectly if I felt the need.

I bought some cheap powertech cans for my SV1K. Scorpion is better made but I have no complaints about the powertech cans - well made stainless, they pass an mot with the baffles in, sound like thor jizzing his pants with the baffles out. Best bit is that a pair of full length, road legal, bolt on cans with baffles was £185.

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:22 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: re Reply with quote

cheers all will take a look around and try to find youtube videos etc, quite an old bike so will see what i can find. it is indeed a cbr f sport 2002 (red and black one if it matters Razz ). couple friends recommended scorpion or leo vince to me, scorpion ones look quite nice in black

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:

The CBR600F4i 2001 model the first year it got FI has a lambda sensor. The FS is pretty much an F4i without a centre stand and a different seat.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
DrDonnyBrago wrote:

The CBR600F4i 2001 model the first year it got FI has a lambda sensor. The FS is pretty much an F4i without a centre stand and a different seat.

Incorrect. My UK model 2001 FI CBR600f doesn't have a lambda sensor. Only difference in the exhausts between the 2001 F and F sport was the presence/absence of a centre stand stop on the link pipe.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:

Incorrect. My UK model 2001 FI CBR600f doesn't have a lambda sensor. Only difference in the exhausts between the 2001 F and F sport was the presence/absence of a centre stand stop on the link pipe.

Parts fische says maybe.

2001F4 (which was definitely FI) the exhaust has a cut away which shows a sensor.

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/honda-parts/2001-cbr600fs-motorcycles/f-18-exhaust-muffler

2001FS the exhaust has a cut away which shows a sensor.

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/honda-parts/2001-cbr600f4-motorcycles/f-19-exhaust-muffler

While the

2002 version has it listed as part 12.

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cbr600fs-2002-2-england_model2328/partslist/F__1800.html#.WvRolDv9niw

EDIT
I'm not saying you're wrong as I've had a few parts bin CBRs with bits from different years that mostly fit

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 12 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2003 F does not have sensor. US models had it.
Bought a replacement 2007 can, which I can not be bothered to fit. It has the hole for sensor.

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:38 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

So after watching videos and reading reviews narrowed it down to this one:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282798053111

Pretty sure my 02 cbr doesnt have an o2 sensor however looks like this pipe has one, is it pretty simple to blank off?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:22 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is going to be loud and if you aren't buying a brand name, just grab a danmoto...

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:48 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: re Reply with quote

cheers, why would it be any louder than a danmoto one (this dominator one has a removable baffle)? looking at these:

https://www.dan-moto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_49_66&products_id=902

https://www.dan-moto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_49_66&products_id=231

not too fussed on brand etc tbh, I just prefer the look of the shorter exhausts and they also sound better IMO

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can recommend powertech exhausts, no affiliation, I just have them on my SV1000.
https://www.powertech.uk.com/

UK company, they offered long/stubbies, few different varieties of materials and end caps etc. I just went with the standard road legal cans with baffles. Happy with the quality and they sound great with the baffles out.

The guy had some offer on because of motorcycle live (I wasn't there, ordered by phone) and two full length, stainless cans with baffles were £185 delivered. eBay price was £215 so perhaps there is scope for a discount if you phone up.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:03 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short exhaust is going to be loud. I mean fucking loud.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 317 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1