Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bluetooth earphones - Recommendations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Bluetooth earphones - Recommendations Reply with quote

Morning,

I'm after some new earphones after my last pair broke (fell apart).

I have some Bluetooth headphones, which are pretty good, but no good in the gym as I get really sweaty ears and also difficult to put a hat on in this cold weather. They also seems to cut in/out regularly when in built up areas. Looking online, this seems to be due to the interference from other Bluetooth devices, WiFi etc. I guess in central London there's a lot of that flying about!

So I'm after some Bluetooth earphones instead. Ones that done cut in/out randomly.

Any recommendations? Noise cancelling preferred, but depends on budget...

Cheers!

Londoner2015
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:55 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bose Soundsport are great because they have no occlusion effect: you don't jame them too deep in your ear canal so you don't feel the noise of your pace or your chewing amplified, and you don't risk being run over not hearing cars etc
https://www.whathifi.com/bose/soundsport-wireless/review

If you want top-notch performance and can live with the occlusion effect, get a pair of Shure. Bose is to Shure what Dacia is to Jaguar. You can buy their mid-range model with bluetooth, but you can also use the bluetooth cable that comes with it with their top-of-the-range earphones with 3 or 4 drivers.

Robster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:08 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not meaning to thread hijack - saves me making a new thread. But I'm looking for some decent budget Bluetooth earbuds to use underneath my bike helmet.

I currently use Sony wired earbuds which are ancient but provide amazing sound quality - obviously they let a bit of wind noise in at higher speed which I can live with but the cable is a right pain in the bum.

Have to have a small profile and fit snugly, don't want to spend much more than £30 if possible. Seen loads on Amazon for around this price but anyone with some real world experience or recommendations?

Londoner2015
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:30 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do that, little innocent puppies will die.

IMHO (which I appreciate you didn’t ask for and could well not care less about…) it’s a very bad idea because, while not strictly illegal in the UK, the risk of distraction is very high. Think of it this way: even if you listen to music at a low volume which does not distract you, should you ever have an accident which is not your fault, the other party will always try to claim that your headphones contributed to the accident. And there is no way you can prove the volume at which you were listening to music.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd better send my Sena headset back then. Rolling Eyes What about cars with loud stereos?

Londoner2015
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:28 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course listening to insanely loud music with a car stereo is dangerous, too, but I still think earphones can be more dangerous, because most of them need to be jammed into your ear canal, therefore providing a level of insulation even when no music is playing. This is a big, big difference vs car stereos, and one of the reasons why I like my Bose (no occlusion effect) for when I'm walking or running.

I appreciate not everyone shares my view, of course. To each their own.

Ah, be sure to do your research if riding abroad: I think earphones are explicitly illegal in France, for example.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:43 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever considered bone conduction headphones?

No noise cancelling obviously but no sweat issues.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 15:07 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkullCandy Method earbuds are pretty good, and they fit well under a lid. £35 or thereabouts, so not likely to break the bank, either.

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:59 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundMAGIC E10s, a tenner off Ali Express.

I've had mine for maybe 4 years, and they're still going strong.

And at £10, they're basically disposable. The sound quality is more than acceptable for the price too.

Don't knock them until you've tried them Smile

Edit: you wanted bluetooth headphones. I personally don't bother. I just wrap the cable round the phone a couple of times and stick it in my pocket Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 320 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1