BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What a TIT!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

HappyDays
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:33 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: What a TIT!! Reply with quote

I follow this guy on YouTube, seems to know his stuff but you still get TIT's on the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJfMskI1buI

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where that is but I'm willing to bet East London (where you get a special kind of driving). His inching forward afterwards would have made the difference to my reaction...

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget this is someone -- despite all his experience abroad, and on dirt -- that rides at peds in London on the same commute route despite knowing where the hotspots are for slow people crossing, and or where peds aren't expecting bikes to be riding at them (the one where he turns right into a street with only a short space between either pavement, for example). Sure, from what I can gather, it would get exhausting eventually but half the time is it really called for?

Either way, though, fasting has begun and so expect to die because people are taking to the roads having not eaten or drank all day long.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBF his videos of central London are fairly typical, they cross first and look later (or not at all). It's the same around Canary Wharf, does having money mean you can't get run-over? Thinking

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:43 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dw version - thinks only he can initiate a lane share. Live by the filter, die by the filter.

NJD wrote:
that rides at peds in London on the same commute route despite knowing where the hotspots are for slow people crossing

How would he make progress any other way? Even in Glasgow Toon, I have to go through a few junctions on the rev limiter to part the zombie herd.

NJD wrote:
Either way, though, fasting has begun and so expect to die because people are taking to the roads having not eaten or drank all day long.

Don't put yourself within ramavan distance of any minicab for the next month, for sure.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:52 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passes car on left. Seconds later car attempts the same. Poor obs and his road position on the roundabout is shit.. plenty of space for the car.

Why is he queuing when the roundabout has a dual exit and plenty of filtering space?!?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:19 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Hamilton Accy tried to 'lane share' with me at an M6 service station.
Arsehole almost hit me.
He got both barrels when he stopped to fill up at the petrol station.
I was riding from Glasgow to Hull and it had rained from Beattock so I was ready for the bastart.

Asians and Ragheads have a 'way' of interpreting everyday things.
Pushing into ones personal space is common.
It is just carried over to the highways of UK.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:32 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a separate but related thing - as okay as RJ can be, how the actual fuck has he managed to get way over three quarters of a million subs for uploading clips of him filtering? Meanwhile genuinely good stuff like 44 Teeth has a fraction of that (although 44t isn't anywhere near as old to be fair, and they do tend to dwell on bikes that only minor deities can afford - the ace budget bike battle not withstanding). One last thing - won't RJ himself be fasting, so all this ramavan shit evens out in the end? Kind of?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:32 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
as okay as RJ can be... ...good stuff like 44 Teeth...

Both are annoying. RJ started talking and the black haired one from 44 Teeth makes me want to crack him in the gob.

I don't know if people are trying to "be on telly" and develop a persona, or they're just naturally annoying gits, but I don't think I've yet seen a well put together "bike show" on YT that don't find annoying enough to turn off.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:36 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
as okay as RJ can be... ...good stuff like 44 Teeth...

Both are annoying. RJ started talking and the black haired one from 44 Teeth makes me want to crack him in the gob.

BVG is annoying as fuck on his own channel - but 44t is about fagan for me, and he dilutes grumble.

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
I don't know if people are trying to "be on telly" and develop a persona, or they're just naturally annoying gits, but I don't think I've yet seen a well put together "bike show" on YT that don't find annoying enough to turn off.

If 44t isn't doing it for you, you probably never will. In the past few months it's been very good. If the budget bike battle sets the tone for the future, it'll be much improved imo.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:54 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never liked RJ's 'channel' I think he copies BVG who is watchable for a bit and appears to have a modicum of intelligence. And possibly a sensitivity to what irks.

But all vlogging is a symptom of narssisim to one degree or another.

MCN for clinical psychologist @ BCF.com

ps We're flying from Kazakhstan to Bangkok today.
Kz is predominantly Muslim (with some chicken bones thrown in just for the sake of karma.).
When I realised it was the month of Ramavan the 1st thought was our driver will have been fasting all day. Shocked
But in mitigation, we don't leave until 18:20 and taking-off is relatively simple. He'll have gorged himself in-flight, after sundown, so the difficult bit of landing should be do-able. Very Happy

Last edited by MCN on 08:03 - 18 May 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:02 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get why a million people want to watch some twit filtering through London. Most of the asides and observations are banal, and the riding itself is by definition boring. It's not on great roads. There's no scenery. And it's shit slow. Apart from that, it's really interesting.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:58 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get why a million people want to watch some twit filtering through London.

I just don't get why a million people want to try not filtering through London.

There's a certain horrified fascination in seeing how awful the traffic and especially the pedestrians are there.

MCN wrote:
A Hamilton Accy tried to 'lane share' with me at an M6 service station. Pushing into ones personal space is common. It is just carried over to the highways of UK.

Would you say his driving was... Islama-bad?

Thank you, thank, you, I'll be here all week, and most nights, and mornings, and weekends, always, always here.

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:23 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

There's a certain horrified fascination in seeing how awful the traffic and especially the pedestrians are there.

I did it for a few years when I lived in London and believe me, the fascination soon dies off to the point where you dread getting on the bike. The traffic is terrible (my 12 mile commute would sometimes take over and hour) and interspersed with suicidal pedestrians, blind cab drivers and maniac scooter riders it just isn't enjoyable at all. In fact, London isn't enjoyable at all. Best thing I ever did was move out after 46 years of living there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:23 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I just don't get why a million people want to watch some twit filtering through London.

Agreed - but rewind 10 years and I'd never predict such a channel would get 800k subs.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:36 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

All of youtube is a symptom of narcissism. As is most TV and the film industry is rife with it.

TBH it seems to be a driving force for a not insubstantial portion of humanity, just the way we are built I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:48 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
MCN wrote:

All of youtube is a symptom of narcissism. As is most TV and the film industry is rife with it.

TBH it seems to be a driving force for a not insubstantial portion of humanity, just the way we are built I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You make the lay person's common mistake of lumping those who show one symptom of a psychotic personality disorder with full blown psychopaths.

Very Happy

We do all show a few symptoms but not so much that it is a problem for society.
Grandstanding or grandiosity is a high scorer on the psycho-profile.

Only a very few us are actively showboating. Which does not mean we are all narcissistic.

MCN for Forum Psychiatrist.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:49 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
MCN wrote:

And posting on forums.

Anyone who disagrees, don't respond.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:01 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
You make the lay person's common mistake of lumping those who show one symptom of a psychotic personality disorder with full blown psychopaths.

Very Happy

We do all show a few symptoms but not so much that it is a problem for society.
Grandstanding or grandiosity is a high scorer on the psycho-profile.

Only a very few us are actively showboating. Which does not mean we are all narcissistic.

MCN for Forum Psychiatrist.

I'm in agreement. I don't think it is necessarily an issue, it's just a fundamental part of the way most humans work. Which is not to say that some of the manifestations don't irritate the hell out of me.

Rogerborg wrote:

And posting on forums.

Anyone who disagrees, don't respond.

Posting on forums is a particularly egregious example, literal psychopaths that lot. First against the wall etc etc

supZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I have never liked RJ's 'channel' I think he copies BVG who is watchable for a bit and appears to have a modicum of intelligence. And possibly a sensitivity to what irks.

copies?!

RJ - barely, if ever talks and just shows clips of things going on around him

BVG - rides along with nothing interesting going on around him rabbiting about whatever is on his mind at the time.

Other than the fact they're both on bikes how are they similar in anyway?

I like both, BVG barely uploads any more but I like RJ just that he quite often picks out interesting things without the need to tell us his life story for no reason. I must admit I do skip through the filtering parts though, not interesting to see someone just making normal progress.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[rated above (MCN & Rog) comments as needed per responses].

kramdra wrote:
his road position on the roundabout is shit.. plenty of space for the car.

Agree.

1) Upon approach veers all the way from the middle lane onto, and over, the white line that divides lanes 1 & 2.

If I was on the bike in lane one I'd slow down and wonder what he's doing and, theoretically, if I was in a car I'd be forced to slow down.

Poor show on bend control, IMO.

2) Takes a central line across roundabout that makes me wonder if the white car turning right (or straight on, since we don't see where it went) had to slow down and then veers back towards lane one; also distracted by his mirror (most probably the car) while on the roundabout.

Pausing the footage when they're side by side the drivers looking straight ahead. I'd say the cager got caught out when RJ wondered back across. No shoulder check and no look into the approaching junction on the roundabout to see if anything was coming (not needed all the time, mind, but would have made spotting car on the inside a little easier).

I've got my Cat' A - Module 2 approaching of which I've only had half a days training for (the other half being Module 1 training with a handful of other people) but one thing the instructor emphasised was lane domination of which wouldn't have gone amiss here.

Saying that, though, I'm still attempting to wrap my head around the advice when going from a major to a minor road: O[bservation: mirror check], S[ignal], M[anoeuvre] by which point I'm moving from the centre of the lane over to the kerb side like a cyclist ready to turn into the sideroad. The intention being, I was told, that a car behind wouldn't rear end you.

I'll do it, mind, much like I'll do a shoulder check every time I pull away from a non roundabout, or junction, dead stop but I don't entirely agree with all the advice I was given.

Slightly off topic, mind, but I did appreciate the advice of leaning the head the opposite way to the bend that you're taking.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fwiw, I always aim to straight-line roundabouts. Firstly, I don't like tracking around in diesel trails (especially not when the bike's needing steering inputs). Secondly, the bike's obviously more stable when following a straighter line. Thirdly, with the proper obs, it's just easier, quicker and if done properly, actually better for everyone else (you've negotiated the roundabout and gone on your way before anyone else has sussed out you were even there).

Sure, there'll always be those who moan about your poor lane discipline etc. etc. - but that's often sour grapes because they're pissed off that their vehicle doesn't have the same amount of acceleration, manoeuvrability and aceness that yours does.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rated interesting because reminds me that I used to toy with straight lining roundabouts on the Arrow, most probably after undergoing training back when I was doing my A2.

Saying that, though, I did take a corner on that half a day of training with a "racing" line (wide entry, cut into corner and then wide out). I didn't realise I'd done it, mind, but got told of by the instructor, in a way, for doing it because, despite the fact I'd done it in a safe manor, it was to "above" the level in which the test requires and actually would have given the examiner a reason to say I was too close to oncoming cars (round the bend in the opposite direction) if one would have been there.

In summary if, and once, I pass my Module two I'm just going to crack on doing whatever gets me from A-to-B in a way I'm happy with and learn according to the new roads I ride.

Each level of training, I feel, conflicts with each other. Why would I want to sit in the middle of the road for every bend, for example.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fwiw, I always aim to straight-line roundabouts. Firstly, I don't like tracking around in diesel trails (especially not when the bike's needing steering inputs). Secondly, the bike's obviously more stable when following a straighter line. Thirdly, with the proper obs, it's just easier, quicker and if done properly, actually better for everyone else (you've negotiated the roundabout and gone on your way before anyone else has sussed out you were even there).

Sure, there'll always be those who moan about your poor lane discipline etc. etc. - but that's often sour grapes because they're pissed off that their vehicle doesn't have the same amount of acceleration, manoeuvrability and aceness that yours does.

I got criticised on my test for straight-lining roundabouts, so on the way back I took a roundabout properly, and nearly dropped the bike on all the crap that builds up on the inside cos no one uses it Rolling Eyes

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:20 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste for Vlogger
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 315 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2