Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:00 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread) Reply with quote

Cat #1 is on prescription low calorie urinary mush, and doesn't much relish it.

Is there any bottled or powdered flavouring that I can buy which won't:

1) Rek pussy.

2) Involve me defrosting and juicing Patagonian squid-prawns at 5:30am.

I can do the internets, so I'm really looking for personal experiences or informed opinion.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:08 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Felix Fun Sauces ... ?
They're only little sachets so you don't have to put much on to entice nomming, and you squirt them directly on the biscuits, slightly bigger than a tomato ketchup size sort of thing.

I think they're made from the same stuff that the other loto make "Dreamies" out of, cos my cats go mental for them (even Lawrence)

https://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/320/7613036010320/IDShot_540x540.jpg

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:14 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
They're only little sachets, and you squirt them on the biscuits.

I use little pouches of wet food to get Gracie to eat her Royal Canin kibble. Just to try and make it more pleasant for
her. Their stomachs usually find their brain soon enough but I would rather she ate gladly, must be doing something right,
She was at the vets last week with a facial bee sting, and tipped the scales at 6 stone. Wub One of these 100g pouches
barely wets her 4 cups of kibble (Fnar) but it smells a bit nicer (to her).

https://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/280/7613035935280/IDShot_540x540.jpg

Last edited by grr666 on 09:39 - 17 May 2018; edited 1 time in total

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to have one would eat anything if the top was sprinkled with crushed cornflakes. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:44 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Hmm, I might try those.

This is wet mush rather than dry, so really just needs a dash of concentrate or powder stirred in. I'm sure there must be some sort of eBayable pussy crack out there other than retail sachets.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Re: How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread) Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'm really looking for personal experiences or informed opinion.

We used to freeze gravy (ie proper meaty, fatty stuff; none of your Bisto cack) in ice cubes, so you could just thaw one out each day to add to the kitty chow.

grr666 wrote:
She was at the vets last week with a facial bee sting, and tipped the scales at 6 stone.

Well shit, that's one helluva pussy you've got there

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Re: How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread) Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
grr666 wrote:
She was at the vets last week with a facial bee sting, and tipped the scales at 6 stone.

You have a 38kg cat??! You sure's it's not a bear?

Seriously though, when our cat hit 8 kg there was a lot of discussion about how big and heavy he was - that's about twice the 'average' cat's weight.

Edit - ok, it's a dog. You still sure it's not a bear?

Last edited by weasley on 13:40 - 17 May 2018; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Re: How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread) Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

Different species, but same problem. My pooch is a fussy eater and that's how I get around the issue.
Can't see how the same advice won't work for a cat.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Re: How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread) Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Different species, but same problem. My pooch is a fussy eater and that's how I get around the issue.

Never make assumptions with cats. They're dicks Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:30 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Re: How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread) Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
We used to freeze gravy (ie proper meaty, fatty stuff; none of your Bisto cack) in ice cubes, so you could just thaw one out each day to add to the kitty chow.

Patagonian squid-prawn gravy?

It's only a cat, it'll put in maybe 30 seconds to pander to its demands.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you restrict when it gets fed, so that food is only out when the prissy little dump-machine is hungry? It then has a choice of eating said food at a time to suit you, or foraging elsewhere...

Really it shouldn't be in the house at all. It should be out stalking gnu and the like.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Re: How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread) Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
grr666 wrote:

Never make assumptions with cats. They're dicks Smile

Oh I know, meet Nobcats douchebag of a cousin, Logcat.

https://i.imgur.com/4jJ2txT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/51Bv7em.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:07 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Could you restrict when it gets fed, so that food is only out when the prissy little dump-machine is hungry?

Not really as Cat #2 gets only the best premium budget Lidl cat mush and Cat #1 muchly prefers it. Best to get both pussies noshed at once.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'm sure there must be some sort of eBayable pussy crack out there other than retail sachets.

Catnip, i know some cats aren't fussed by it, but our bunch go bat shit cray cray for it, especially if you spill it, they will happily hoover it up

You can also get liquid catnip from certain pet shops (Pets at Home certainly do it) but ours aren't as fussed about that stuff

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:02 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shout, but it leaves this pussy cold.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Re: How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread) Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Patagonian squid-prawn gravy?
It's only a cat, it'll put in maybe 30 seconds to pander to its demands.

Oh, +1. No, this was just LeftoverFromSundayRoast gravy; ie just as quick to pour into an ice tray as to pour down the kitchen sink leave overnight to solidify before disposing of thoughtfully in the kitchen bin. Worked well for Cat.

grr666 wrote:
Oh I know, meet Nobcats douchebag of a cousin, Logcat.
https://i.imgur.com/4jJ2txT.jpg

I once caught our (late) cat doing that in the toaster, but strangely enough, I didn't take the time to take photographs

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone suggested antifreeze? Neutral That would be bnp72's choice. Mr. Green

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
They're only little sachets so you don't have to put much on to entice nomming, and you squirt them directly on the biscuits, slightly bigger than a tomato ketchup size sort of thing.

I think they're made from the same stuff that the other loto make "Dreamies" out of, cos my cats go mental for them (even Lawrence)

I taste my pets food.
Dreamed don't taste of much.
I don't know what cats like.
My neighbours cats come round looking for dreamers from me.
I do not have any pets now. 😔

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just educate me on what pleasure you get from this awkward fussy pussy?

I've heard that most of them like to eat slop, and then just dissappear or show no affection or interest in anything except chasing and throwing around almost dead animals and then leaving them for you as a tasty gift?

Are pussy's useful for any jobs around the house or social outings like running, fishing, shooting, meeting other pussy owners of the opposite sex?

Or am I really not getting something?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have their moments.
Wub

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:32 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Just educate me on what pleasure you get from this awkward fussy pussy?

It's like owning an Enfield. High maintenance, largely pointless, but when you finally get it purring along, there's an absurd and irrational sense of satisfaction from a job well done.

Also: Ste for banning stinkwheel.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:47 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demanding much? I have to work too sometimes.

You could try a different brand of urinary mush, or start it on the full fat urinary mush then move onto the lower calorie. Or will it eat dry stuff which is cheaper and does less stinking the house out?

When changing cats over from one food to another, you'd usually feed them their normal food and provide a small portion of the new stuff in a small bowl nearby. Cats being inherantly nosy animals will probably try it, or at least sniff it. Then you gradually reduce the amount of the old food and increase the amount of the new food you put out.

If you try to change over abruptly they tend to go on strike. Likewise, if you mix the two, you'll trigger their OCD, can't have the carrots touching the peas.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:52 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Demanding much? I have to work too sometimes.

You've only got one arm up there.

stinkwheel wrote:
You could try a different brand of urinary mush, or start it on the full fat urinary mush then move onto the lower calorie. Or will it eat dry stuff which is cheaper and does less stinking the house out?

I've got brands and flavours that it likes, but we've been advised to alternate with the low calorie mush as it's a neutered tom and we have to watch its weight. It scarfs dry urinary "moderate calorie" biscuits down like there's no tomorrow, but we've been advised to favour the mush to keep our pussy as damp as possible.

This isn't a new change, it's been on this diet for years, it just often turns its nose up at the apparently unflavoured diet mush that we're supposed to shoving down it. It is still hungry though and will nom down anything else it can find, including Cat #2's food if there's any left over.

For the record, Cat #1 doesn't like:

Royal Canin urinary wet mush, moderate calorie.

Will usually deign to eat:

Royal Canin urinary wet mush, chicken or beef flavour

Will demolish:
Royal Canin urinary dry food, moderate calorie
Hill's urinary wet mush salmon, and some others that I forget

Me, I'd just feed it whatever expensive pee-flushing mush or biscuits it will deign to eat, or only ever offer it the bland diet mush, but Mrs Borg frets over both its health and happiness, bless her.

I imagine that there must be a little something-something I can slip into the bland diet mush, but Big Veterinary is suppressing it. Hook a homie up?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, something I can give advice on.

I have inherited a pair of cunts. Both ended up with Calichie virus and and are on low caloris piss mush like yours.

Neither would eat said piss mush, in my infinate wisdom I have used Chinese fish sauce, 1/2 a tea spoon mixed in with their food has had them eating it like its fucking caviar.

Dogs ftw..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:11 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Chinese fish sauce, 1/2 a tea spoon mixed in with their food has had them eating it like its fucking caviar.

Sounds like a winner for trying out. Not concerned about the salt content?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 316 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2