How do make pussy hungry?? (vet thread)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:11 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Me, I'd just feed it whatever expensive pee-flushing mush or biscuits it will deign to eat, or only ever offer it the bland diet mush, but Mrs Borg frets over both its health and happiness, bless her.

I'd say that would mirror my oppinion.

Like the comment I heard from a dietician on the radio when Senga was saying it's impossible to feed little Britney a healthy diet because all she'll eat is Haribo and bacon fries. "Why does your three year old even know what crisps ARE?".

Mrs Borg needs to understand that she is being trained by the cats to feed them what they want. This is a road which eventually leads to her going to the supermarket every day to buy the cat fresh rotisserie chicken. I have seen it happen. She has raised kids and presumably they don't have chocolate biscuits and tomato ketchup for every meal so she must know how this works.

I've actually considered setting up a pet boot camp. Give me your dog/cat for a week and I'll give you it back eating -insert preferred brand of pet food here- because I can ignore the shit out of a whinging/begging dog/cat. Only want cooked ham? Tough, here's your bowl of chappie. Don't want it? Fine, I'll ask you again in 12 hours.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:39 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
She has raised kids and presumably they don't have chocolate biscuits and tomato ketchup for every meal so she must know how this works.

Yes, but to be honest, we both prefer the cats.

For one thing, they're easier to neuter.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Sounds like a winner for trying out. Not concerned about the salt content?

Cunts are eating, cunts were'nt eating. Salt is no more in 1/2 a tea spoon as was in a pouch felix.

Plenty of water and reduce the fish sauce as the cunts get used to eating piss mush.
They now eat piss mush/biscuits without sauce.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Give me your dog/cat for a week and I'll give you it back eating -insert preferred brand of pet food here- because I can ignore the shit out of a whinging/begging dog/cat. Only want cooked ham? Tough, here's your bowl of chappie. Don't want it? Fine, I'll ask you again in 12 hours.

I echo the sentiment but it's not necessarily that straightforward. Our two hounds get fed a fixed amount of dog food twice a day and that's it. Dog 1 would eat till it burst, but dog 2 is really not fussed about food. I've always subscribed to the 'it'll eat what it needs" school of thought, and have not been bothered by this. However, a few months ago I took them in for their regular jabs, and ended up getting chastised by the vet because dog 2 was evidently significantly underweight (it's a big fluff ball so appears fine until you start deliberately feeling for bones etc). So, a bit embarrassing then, and now a right PITA as we have to go out of our way all the time to encourage the beast to eat...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:02 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like stinkwheel has got his first bootcamp customer. Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:17 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
I've always subscribed to the 'it'll eat what it needs" school of thought, and have not been bothered by this.

Clearly never kept labradors then. They eat anything they can keep down 1 try out of 3.

My view on slightly underweight dogs is if they are active and happy and are maintaining a steady bodyweight with no signs of illness, I just get their owner to monitor their weight periodically and record it on our clinical notes. If they are losing weight, I get more worried. Some hounds breeds especially just seem to have a naturally low resting body condition.

One of my clients used to own an Ibizan hound and was reported to the police/RSPCA for neglect every couple of months. The breed as a whole look painfully thin but we kept a monitor of its weight and had a standing instruction from the owner that it was fine to discuss the dogs welfare with any concerned parties who might call us about it. That dogs bodyweight never varied more than 500g for the 5 years it was with us.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:54 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Ibizan hound

https://i.imgur.com/5EqORrG.png

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Have you tried Felix Fun Sauces ... ?
They're only little sachets, and you squirt them on the biscuits.
https://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/320/7613036010320/IDShot_540x540.jpg

I use little pouches of wet food to get Gracie to eat her Royal Canin kibble. Just to try and make it more pleasant for
her. Their stomachs usually find their brain soon enough but I would rather she ate gladly, must be doing something right,
She was at the vets last week with a facial bee sting, and tipped the scales at 6 stone. Wub One of these 100g pouches
barely wets her 4 cups of kibble (Fnar) but it smells a bit nicer (to her).

Tried feeding her raw? Transformed my parents mutt.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
I've always subscribed to the 'it'll eat what it needs" school of thought, and have not been bothered by this.
Clearly never kept labradors then. They eat anything they can keep down 1 try out of 3.

Ha - actually Dog 1 is a labrador and I totally agree with you! I wasn't clear - should have said "it'll eat at least what it needs" or something - I just meant I felt the dog wasn't going to starve itself to death if food is available.

As it happens, I was really surprised to see that the breeder who we got our current lab from fed his labradors ad lib. I was really surprised, especially as they were lovely dogs at the perfect size. He said he'd always done it that way with no probs. They were field dogs with a massive amount of exercise which might account for it I suppose

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:

Tried feeding her raw? Transformed my parents mutt.

She's a hefty thing, I'm not concerned she's malnourished or underweight. Laughing She's just being picky, she's
pretty smart and my mrs is too soft on her. Most of her bad habits stem from my wife tbh. She had some rump steak with
her kibble today. Rolling Eyes

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried grated cheese

I know its not really good for them but our old cat used to go mad for it

mind you he used to go mad for cheese in general and would try and eat pizza if you had one
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:05 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I lived with my parents, we had a cat called Sonny, a ginger tom who lived to 21 years old.
You could not eat a bag of crisps without him hassling you for some. Bloody weirdo, he wasn't fussed what type of
crisps they were, I think he liked the crunchy texture, even when half his teeth had gone in his later years. Laughing

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
have you tried grated cheese
I know its not really good for them but our old cat used to go mad for it

https://i.imgur.com/bkd3A9s.gifv

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today Orville (whose mother is French and vegetarian but who buys him at least some sort of kibble for normal meateating variety dog, but its mostly cereal, I can tell from his poos) ... has had smoked applejack cheese from his mother's fridge, but he was not a fan of the celery I offered him, I had to eat that myself. I made the mistake of feeding him pizza and everything else he wanted, cos Bruno used to eat everything that wasn't locked up or pinned down ...but then if I have Orville for more than the weekend, its me who has to collect his non-kibble poos. Fortunately he goes home tomorrow, so we might have pizza tonight Laughing

He has also had some kind of mad expensive biscuits that Maxie (Jewish Neurotic Irish Terrier) left behind from Easter, and he did not grumble that they were not his usual brand.

Having said that, on this mornings walkies aroound the alleyways of Shad Thames, Orville enjoyed a small pre-breakfast of a particularly rosaceous splat of chunder left outside the Co-op on Jamaica Road. One can only surmise its donator had beetroot for tea last night.

I'm interested in this urinary-variety thing. Orville's feline brother, Bender (yes he is fat and a bender) has to have cat urinary biscuits but he isn't as fussy as the cats at Chez Rogerborg, he eats them eventually - but I have yet to own a cat who has urinary problems so I am not sure if how it is mush compared to ordinary cat mush. Mine just eat whatever they get, although Lawrence is not a fan of jellymeat, he prefers gravy than jelly (when he's not eating rodents). Dennis doesn't care what she eats, as long as its more mush and less biscuits, and Longshanks eats just about everything. The greedy fuck.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might take some normal cat food (or the last packet of squirty Fun-flavour) back to Le Mareschallerie (the nickname for the French household) to see if Bender eats them. Just a little treat ... his mum will never know , erm ... maybe ... is this a naughty thing to do to a cat that ONLY eats those, because one assumes the vet has told his mum that he must?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2