Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Royal Wedding

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:43 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: The Royal Wedding Reply with quote

Who watched it. Who didn't. Was it a wast of Tax payers money?

Me personally, I have never seen so many police cars and bikes on the road as I have today. Maybe they where in a rush to get home to enjoy the rest of the sun.

Can't wait for the all clear in a month or two when finally the papers, news and radio stop talking about, just in time for a new royal baby I bet.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:54 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royal wedding, meh! Star Trek was on the other channel Thumbs Up

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:54 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Everett blacked up and did an hour long sermon. He had forgotten his large foam hands though.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:03 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wedding was a real disappointment.

James Hewitt didn't get invited.
Prince Philip didn't get caught saying something racist to or about the bride.
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie didn't wear stupid hats.

Crying or Very sad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:18 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Re: The Royal Wedding Reply with quote

Going wrote:
...just in time for a new royal baby I bet.

Red hair is a dominant feature, but so is afro hair.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/79/c0/7e/79c07ef65f9d456fe0615727d1243718.jpg

That will brighten up the Royal Christmas cards.

Thinking

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:32 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Royal Wedding?

Was this pagent did take place in Englund?

Its high time to run these fucking European Aristocratic mafiosa and entourage out of town.

Are they part of this Brexit deal?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have a monarchy? Eh?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:07 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Royal" wedding? Eh?

Ste wrote:

Mmm, it's a shame neither of their dads could be there.

She seems like a nice enough re-tread, apart from the swivel headed SJW shrieking, but that's par for the course for her profession.

Let's see if her principles start at home, perhaps with the Windsor tramps. See also: Tramp Bus impounded - I liked the bit about the tramps not using it anyway because they'll be raking it in from begging.

Well, I wish them the best of happiness for the 2 years that they'll be together before she cites "irreconcilable differences" (again).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ste wrote:

Mmm, it's a shame neither of their dads could be there.

Oh the well spoken man. I had no idea who he was until now... actually I still don't, who is he?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently back in blighty for a while, saw the whole thing as my flag-waving royalist mum stuck it on the telly.

It was a proper diversity SJW fest. Literally every creed, colour, shape and style was shown. For a majority white nation with a majority of able-bodied people, you won't believe how ethnically diverse, wheelchair-bound and autistic we'll have appeared to the rest of the world yesterday.

Nothing against those folk but it really, really wasn't an accurate portrayal of the country or its people.

Best bit was the American reverend guy doing his thing. He went way overboard, went off on some tangent about how love can save the world, fully Americanised it, every time the camera showed shots of the audience they had a hard time getting a close-up of a face that wasn't holding in laughter or at least didn't have 'WTF' painted all over it.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happily I didn't see any of it except BBC News online this morning when I watched them drive off in an electric E-Type Jaguar. I don't suppose they went far. However, my reason for posting is to agree with Lord Percy's paragraphs 2 & 3 insofar as I've had the same thoughts, when watching TV adverts for example.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Happily I didn't see any of it except BBC News online this morning when I watched them drive off in an electric E-Type Jaguar. I don't suppose they went far. However, my reason for posting is to agree with Lord Percy's paragraphs 2 & 3 insofar as I've had the same thoughts, when watching TV adverts for example.

A waste of a perfectly good E-Type. I hope he didn't get it as a wedding present. I'd be thoroughly pissed off! (actually I wouldn't. I'd rip out the milk float motor and replace it with the 4.2 it ought to have)

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

A waste of a perfectly good E-Type. I hope he didn't get it as a wedding present. I'd be thoroughly pissed off! (actually I wouldn't. I'd rip out the milk float motor and replace it with the 4.2 it ought to have)

Just done a quick google. It's a PR tool from Jaguar to showcase their E-Powertrains. I wonder how much they (Jaguar) paid...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
However, my reason for posting is to agree with Lord Percy's paragraphs 2 & 3 insofar as I've had the same thoughts, when watching TV adverts for example.

You'd think they made up much more than 3% of the population (according to the 2011 census). The Asian population must be feeling left out Smile

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

It was a proper diversity SJW fest. Literally every creed, colour, shape and style was shown. For a majority white nation with a majority of able-bodied people, you won't believe how ethnically diverse, wheelchair-bound and autistic we'll have appeared to the rest of the world yesterday.

Nothing against those folk but it really, really wasn't an accurate portrayal of the country or its people.

It hasn't been for a while. It's like the TV companies and the ad agencies are trying to out virtue signal each other.
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

It hasn't been for a while. It's like the TV companies and the ad agencies are trying to out virtue signal each other.

Dunno what you guys mean, Murica's full of ethnics. Oh wait, you thought this was all about Mother England, wasn't it clear that Maggie rolled over and turned the UK into the 51st state back in the 80's? Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out on my bicycle for a 35 mile ride, empty roads Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it as much thought as any royal gave about my wedding, so that'll be a big fat fcuk all then! Thumbs Up

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Agreed, the roads round Derbyshire were half deserted on Saturday afternoon, it was a joy to be out and about

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:53 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

Agreed, the roads round Derbyshire were half deserted on Saturday afternoon, it was a joy to be out and about

Then I must presume canal boat people are not Royalists, it was stupidly busy on the Grand Union.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Bike Fest in Rugby.
That's just an excuse, bike fest was actually on Sunday but i'd have sooner gouged my eyes out than watch that crap.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1