Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

76 in 60 - Insurance update

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:47 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
you have an accident black spot

You have one bad year at one spot, which could be a single multiple occupancy crash - only the number of deaders counts.

You put in cameras, and the next year, fewer deaders happen.

Therefore, the cameras saved lives.

Or...

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cameras main purpose is for revenue generation
/end of thread.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
/end of thread.

Is it still the case that many static camera boxes are actually empty, i know this used to be the case when they 1st started appearing 10+ whatever years ago

If it were just a revenue generation scheme, then all camera boxes would have cameras fitted would they not?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
woo wrote:
/end of thread.

Is it still the case that many static camera boxes are actually empty, i know this used to be the case when they 1st started appearing 10+ whatever years ago

If it were just a revenue generation scheme, then all camera boxes would have cameras fitted would they not?

You can find stats to see which are the profitable ones, hence they tend to be the operational cameras Wink It's also noticeable how they tweak the positions of cameras, a couple round mine have been moved from (dangerous) junctions to spots where there's no hazard. Again it's all about safety Thumbs Up

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does make me laugh though that folk moan that speed cameras are just revenue generators, but it's usually the same folk that moan that the Police don't do enough to fight "real crime", when in fact they do not have the money or resources to do so

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:10 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
It does make me laugh though that folk moan that speed cameras are just revenue generators, but it's usually the same folk that moan that the Police don't do enough to fight "real crime", when in fact they do not have the money or resources to do so

It does make me laugh that folk conflate speed tax revenue and police funding.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:16 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
rpsmith79 wrote:

Even if it does not go directly to the Police Force, it works it's way back the Governemt in some shape of form, which then allows for more budget to be spent wherever they see fit, possibly on the Police

At the end of the day, i'd rather the Government prop up their income from people who can't see bright yellow speed cameras at the side of the road, than take it out of my hard earned wages

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:53 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Is it still the case that many static camera boxes are actually empty?

Only way to test is via a bike tyre and petrol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Even if it does not go directly to the Police Force, it works it's way back the Governemt in some shape of form, which then allows for more budget to be spent wherever they see fit, possibly on the Police

At the end of the day, i'd rather the Government prop up their income from people who can't see bright yellow speed cameras at the side of the road, than take it out of my hard earned wages

I seem to recall reading/hearing that the revenue generated from cameras has now to be spent on road safety and cannot be used by the police in more general ways. Since that change, the polis can't quite be arsed any more. Hence fewer cameras with actual film in them etc. etc.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

Yet they seem to have enough spare resources that a copper can stand at the side of the road with a radar gun Wink

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
rpsmith79 wrote:

Yet they seem to have enough spare resources that a copper can stand at the side of the road with a radar gun Wink

Isn't it civilians that operate mobile camera devices these days?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:32 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Even if it does not go directly to the Police Force, it works it's way back the Governemt in some shape of form

But it's not available to spend on taxed good and services, or employing people, so they lose out on that revenue.

Money rinsed out of us isn't magical, it doesn't just re-grow like an axolotl leg. They can only squeeze so hard.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

Is it? There seems to be plenty of recent references to coppers operating them, for example:

These cameras can take on a number of forms, working from marked or unmarked cars, as well as being manually operated by police officers using radar guns and laser guns.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the government was serious about road safety then we would all be taught about road safety from when we are in school, and it would be properly educated to us.

These cameras and being sneaky about the cameras positions is all about money making in fact most things in our society are about money making just look at the medical industry lol

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:29 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

speak of extracting money out of people....

#gofundmyspeedingfines.co.uk.gov.org.net.com

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:48 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which reminds me, my third raping for speeding is due next Friday. Only 9 rapings to go after that.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
If the government was serious about road safety then we would all be taught about road safety from when we are in school, and it would be properly educated to us.

I think also people would benefit from some early driving experience, I knew someone who used to get taken to this place: https://www.drivecardrome.com (I was well jealous). It seems the only requirement is that you're 4 foot 9*

*inb4 heightest

spring3r
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Re: 76 in 60 Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this - Unfortunately, that's the way things are going, and there's no way around the 'Smart Motorways' that they're rolling out.

We will see more of them and they are totally controlling.

ColinK98 wrote:
Supposed it was going to happen sooner or later.
Was on the M20 where a variable speed limit was in place and i did not slow down.

The wife opened the letter and it says 3 points and £100 fine or go to court.

i don't have any other points or endorsements and a clean license since 1990.

there is no point disputing the fact.
but is it worth seeing if i can get a speed awareness course as opposed to the points ?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

Handheld ones are always coppers, it's the scamera vans that are civilian. I use the intentional misspelling advisedly, they are notorious here for sittin in known spots where it is perfectly safe to do more than the limit. The handheld ones are 50/50 - I have seem them in places that are dodgy, or there have been recent incidents (child hit outside of a school), but I've also seen them over bridges on straight, empty dual carriageway.

Octapode
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Re: 76 in 60 Reply with quote

spring3r wrote:
Sorry to hear this - Unfortunately, that's the way things are going, and there's no way around the 'Smart Motorways' that they're rolling out.

We will see more of them and they are totally controlling.

Nothing a little duct tape on your plates can't fix. It's not like they'll get pictures of your face through your lid.

I wonder if we'll be able to get colour-changing fairings before they figure out how to make the computers keep track of what your bike looks like.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you put duck tape on your plate then your get slapped with perverting the cause of justice which is a big no no!

instant jail time for that one lol!

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:08 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
if you put duck tape on your plate then your get slapped with perverting the cause of justice which is a big no no!

If you did, yes. But if some wag put it on without you knowing...well.. Whistle

An uncle of mine many years ago bought a car, and the dealer cocked up when putting the plates together, one digit was out. For years some bloke in the Cotswolds was getting his rollercoaster souvenir photos. It only came to light when the local copper needed his car shifted for a parade on the high street. IIRC it's a 60 quid fine for having no number plate, or the wrong one. No points either.although in London at least there is a (slim) chance of being considered byklyf and punted off with vengance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:
woo wrote:

If you did, yes. But if some wag put it on without you knowing...well.. Whistle

An uncle of mine many years ago bought a car, and the dealer cocked up when putting the plates together, one digit was out. For years some bloke in the Cotswolds was getting his rollercoaster souvenir photos. It only came to light when the local copper needed his car shifted for a parade on the high street. IIRC it's a 60 quid fine if caught for having no number plate, or the wrong one. No points either.although in London at least there is a (slim) chance of being considered byklyf and punted off with vengance.

My old boss used to just print up his own personalised plates and stick them on his cars (before the days of ANPR etc) and was happy to pay the £60 fine rather than the several thousand it would have cost for the personalised plates in the first place

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:25 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:
IIRC it's a 60 quid fine for having no number plate, or the wrong one. No points either.although in London at least there is a (slim) chance of being considered byklyf and punted off with vengance.

It'll be a £100 blackmail demand now, or a prosecution under S42 or S43 of VERA 1994 and a level 3 beating on the standard scale (£1000 at the time of sperging), or a prosecution for perverting the course of justice if any other offence was being committed (and when are we not?) which is anything up to life imprisonment or an [unlimited] fine.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignorance is not bliss in the eyes of the law lads!

If your gonna seriously break the laws like "perverting the cause of justice" then make sure you know what the consequences are and have a good line of defense if you get caught lol!

A fake number plate or editing your number plate cos "meh!" is a crap reason to get a criminal record!

At least if your gonna get a criminal record then let it be for something that is worthwhile which would be turning bike thief's into dust like THANO'S from Avengers Infinity War!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5