Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DAS or doing mod1 and mod2 separately....?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:37 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_west wrote:
Chaps, thank you for all replies so far. I think I've worked out the problem/what I was getting confused. I thought the das was essentially like the intensive driving course, you know walk away with license in a few days, as opposed to booking mod 1 with instructor, taking another lesson then booking mod 2 with the weeks and weeks waits in between.

I'm not too fussed about doing it on my own bike I just want my license asap lol.

My instructor fees including hire of bike and training before each module is about £300 for mod1 and about £200 for mod2. Money isn't really an issue like I say I just want my license nowwwwwww lol

Our DAS course is £600 including test fee's if you are a regular rider and have a valid CBT. From a personal point of view I would go DAS as the training is worth the money. I do not teach you to get through the tests, I teach you to ride real world roads as well as DVSA test standard.

We had a guy that "winged" mod 1 using a friends bike. No training or anything, failed it twice before passing and then came to us for a days training to get him through module 2. He was almost 50 and a motorcross rider all his life. the guy could ride but so many bad habits and nowhere near test standard. He spent a day with me and got a clean sheet, also learnt a whole lot about riding on the roads instead of on dirt tracks. Said he was glad he came to a school for module 2 training.

If you have the money for DAS, then I would recommend it, find a good school as there are cowboys out there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The_west
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:47 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile
I have (Tuesday) just passed my theory and booked mod1 with my instructor. He does a 2 day thing, so day 1 is at his place going over all the maneuvers until they're second nature, then day 2 we ride over to Birmingham for assessment. Fingers crossed , I'm cautiously optimistic.

If it's just another 2 week wait for mod2 after this then happy days! It's a lot more expensive but worth it if it gets me there.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:11 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a decent plan. And don't fret mod 1, it's really not that hard. You can probably over-prepare for it and turn it into a bigger deal than it needs to be.

The_west
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:38 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile I don't watched a few YouTube videos on it and it seems fairly straightforward, I've been practising most of the maneuvers anyway so am cautiously optimistic lol. So excited. Looking forward to the ride over to Birmingham too lol

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:29 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did youtube videos and practise. Good luck.

The_west
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:25 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve Smile

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 20:27 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
We had a guy that "winged" mod 1 using a friends bike.

He'd still be doing tests under DAS though... just not via an intensive (school) DAS Course...

I think it's come to light that the OP has done DAS lessons, as in Lessons under DAS rules with an instructor... it just wasn't an 'intensive' DAS course, that did lessons back to back over a few days and included school booked tests under DAS... and his question 'really' wasn't so much whether to DIY his DAS tests, on his own or borrowed bike, but whether to abandon his DAS instructor / school and DAS lessons for an 'all in one' intensive DAS course, including tests, in order to expedite getting DAS test bookings.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:38 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Little confudled by the question to-be-honest...

The whole thing's confusing. I drove up on a 650, drove around the block a few times, and the bloke said I'd passed. That was that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2