Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any Nurses/Paramedics/EMTs that ride motorbikes???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

cyclistbruce
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:13 - 02 Jun 2018    Post subject: Any Nurses/Paramedics/EMTs that ride motorbikes??? Reply with quote

Hi,

I run a small company providing medical support to cycling events using medics on motorbikes. We don't provide blue lights or marked bikes, instead medics use their own (appropriate) bikes and we provide the medical kit.

Due to increasing demand I have need for more medics based in the South and Midlands. If you fancy being paid to ride your motorbike and have appropriate clinical experience and qualifications can you message me!!

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:47 - 02 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a paramedic, and I ride motorbikes.

How much are you paying, what do you expect us to do, what hours, self employed, what equipment/drugs do you provide, what level of insurance do you offer, CQC registered?

When you say "appropriate" bikes what exactly do you mean? A fully kitted out Pan Euro? Or a T-Max with a big topbox?

Obviously nurses and paramedics have quite different skill sets, so what are you wanting us all to do?

cyclistbruce
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:21 - 02 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:

How much are you paying, what do you expect us to do, what hours, self employed, what equipment/drugs do you provide, what level of insurance do you offer, CQC registered?

When you say "appropriate" bikes what exactly do you mean? A fully kitted out Pan Euro? Or a T-Max with a big topbox?

Obviously nurses and paramedics have quite different skill sets, so what are you wanting us all to do?

Tierbirdy, I'll PM you.. Ta.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 02 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is who you need. But very tragically he was killed doing what he lived for.

https://youtu.be/ocHeJG5o8N0

The999Kid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 03 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:

All of the above - plus, what training will be given for responding? - closed circuits or public highways?

What kind of events are you looking at? Is there currently an available market for motorcycle responders on a regular basis?

Same boat as Tierbirdy - para with a bike license
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 03 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
This is who you need. But very tragically he was killed doing what he lived for.

What that man didn't know about motorsport trauma medicine wasn't worth knowing...
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:11 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The999Kid wrote:
MCN wrote:

What that man didn't know about motorsport trauma medicine wasn't worth knowing...

I cannot say as some-buddy may say its off topic. 😂

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:07 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Watched 3 mins of that, saved it for later to watch it all on a big screen

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:34 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I cannot say as some-buddy may say its off topic. 😂

All of Hind's stuff is well worth a watch, and I welcome it being promoted in appropriate threads.

He died from being derailed. Praying

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:39 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fite but...

OP's heading.

"Any Nurses/Paramedics/EMTs that ride motorbikes???"

I only added the Dr. John Hinds link for general bike chat interest.

I was not suggesting the OP resuscitate/resurrect The Good Doctor.

You Auld Scottish Wee Free meanie. Mad

Very Happy

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Just watched that... what an impressive human. Massive shame someone like him died young.. found that vid fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfWAKyHRsCQ - what a guy!

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:40 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m aware this wasn’t the point of the thread, however John Hinds deserves mentioned whenever possible. As a health care professional and an avid biker, he was a hero of mine. If you’re not familiar with him then his online material is thoroughly worth getting to know.

He was an exceptional rider, by all accounts, but above all else an exceptional medic and a wonderful human being. How sad it is, that in his time of greatest need it was he, himself, that he needed to pull up alongside him and deliver meaningful intervention.

There are several excellent lectures that he delivered online on YouTube.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

derillius24 wrote:
I’m aware this wasn’t the point of the thread, however John Hinds deserves mentioned whenever possible. As a health care professional and an avid biker, he was a hero of mine. If you’re not familiar with him then his online material is thoroughly worth getting to know.

He was an exceptional rider, by all accounts, but above all else an exceptional medic and a wonderful human being. How sad it is, that in his time of greatest need it was he, himself, that he needed to pull up alongside him and deliver meaningful intervention.

There are several excellent lectures that he delivered online on YouTube.

Any chance you could link them?

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:59 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

https://youtu.be/MsZBXlTHPCg

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFX_tocJShA

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loui5D wrote:
Bubbs wrote:

https://youtu.be/MsZBXlTHPCg

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFX_tocJShA

Thanks Karma
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1