Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motomatrix.co.uk

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

PercyProctor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:16 - 04 Jun 2018    Post subject: Motomatrix.co.uk Reply with quote

I have had the keys, ignition lock, transponder, immobiliser and ECU for my ST4S stolen by this company and I find I am not alone, I have found 3 others who have also sent their parts to the address on the website, paid Mr Ian Best and never get the parts back.
In my case I sent the parts in December 2017, paid in January 2018 and received the parts + replacement keys in mid January. The new keys worked in the locks but the bike wouldn't start, I spoke to Mr Best and then sent all the parts back to Powys together with the engine ECU. Initially he answered the phone to me and said they were reprogramming the immobiliser, week after week went by with more delaying tactics until I asked him to return the parts, since then he doesn't answer the phone unless I use a number unknown to him when he hangs up as soon as he recognises my voice.
It appears Mr Best is resident overseas (Spain), his bank details are a general head office account, his Linkedin profile suggests Shrewsbury but this is the nearest major town to the workshop in Wales. The only contact is via the website which is registered in Germany and the cellphone number from the website
BEWARE THIS BUSINESS IS RUN BY A CROOK WHO HAS GONE OUT OF HIS WAY TO BE UNTRACEABLE.

Anyone else who has had unsatisfactory dealings with this website please contact me. Thumbs Down

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:16 - 04 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently their Director is a Zimbabwean who goes by the name of Tender Shithole Shocked

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 11:32 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like its run by crooks for crooks. when little Jimmy needs to steal a bike then go and visit him, and many ponds are split when sold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:21 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=64751

motomatrix.co.uk are a scam.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.... That's unfortunate. Reading other forums it sounds like you've lost all those items.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:46 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Re: Motomatrix.co.uk Reply with quote

PercyProctor wrote:
I have had the keys, ignition lock, transponder, immobiliser and ECU for my ST4S stolen by this company

How can it be stolen... When YOU sent it to them...

Just how did you pay?

Bank transfer ?

PercyProctor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:30 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update:

My postings here and elsewhere fixed Mr Bests phone. I have spoken to him twice since starting this thread, once on 6 june when he agreed to return all my parts if I didn't litigate, and today when he refused to return the parts as I had posted uncomplimentary remarks about his company on the internet. (not his exact words but you get the idea).
He said litigate he has excellent lawyers.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:24 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're recording all these calls; a bit late, but if not ACR on Android works really well.
Saved me a £320 CCJ recently, when I dug out the call recording from 3 years ago where EE's operatives agreed the debt they had listed against me was in error and would be cancelled.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10650430

Thinking

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:51 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

PercyProctor wrote:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/small-claims-court/

Smile

cb1rocket
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Excellent lawyers? I doubt it. Can't afford to pay his account by the looks of it

borked
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:

A Zimbabwean health care assistant who's name rhymes with shithole?

Deffo legit. Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:19 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

PercyProctor wrote:
Just an update:

My postings here and elsewhere fixed Mr Bests phone. I have spoken to him twice since starting this thread, once on 6 june when he agreed to return all my parts if I didn't litigate, and today when he refused to return the parts as I had posted uncomplimentary remarks about his company on the internet. (not his exact words but you get the idea).

As above, get a recording of him saying that and you effecitvely have him admitting to theft. ie he has your property and is witholding it. Then you go to the police, theft is a police matter.

Your OP above, with the exception of the bit in caps, is a statement of fact. Have you written to him (with a physical letter), detailing your greivance and stating what you want done about it? DO that. Trading standards (now part of the citizens advice) can tell you what to put in your letter.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:01 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tender Shithole, what a nice guy.

You could just, you know, report the theft and turn up at the door and say he has a gun.

Average house for a con-artist, shame. His neighbour has a nice bush.

https://goo.gl/maps/a9Md7UKKE8Q2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 17:51 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be looking at Ian and Kim best is Welshpool.

PercyProctor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:56 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I wrote a letter to him based on advice from Trading Standards giving him 14 days to return my property which may have helped his phone to start working again. It was after he received that letter he said he would return the parts if I didn't litigate and I agreed that if he returned the parts I would post that it had all been sorted out amicably.
He seems to have changed his mind.

PercyProctor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:08 - 25 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now in a position to post an update on this.
Soon after my last post I commenced legal action against Mr Best using the online Government service, cost £105. Initially he ignored this however after the grace period had expired and faced with the prospect of a court judgement for new replacement parts he e-mailed me to say he would return the immobiliser which was all he had. I replied he had all the parts listed earlier and he denied this, to cut a long story short I have now received all the parts I sent him although at first he denied having the engine ECU, they were sent from southern Spain.
Needless to say despite having had them for 8 months they don't work. I am out of pocket £365 for 2 keys that won't start the bike but now I can refuel it!

The best spin one could put on it is that he is utterly disorganised, keeps no records of what he is sent and in the end can't actually reprogram immobilisers, certainly not the Ducati one anyway, and that his customer service skills verge on nonexistent.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 25 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

PercyProctor wrote:
I am now in a position to post an update on this.
Soon after my last post I commenced legal action against Mr Best using the online Government service, cost £105. Initially he ignored this however after the grace period had expired and faced with the prospect of a court judgement for new replacement parts he e-mailed me to say he would return the immobiliser which was all he had. I replied he had all the parts listed earlier and he denied this, to cut a long story short I have now received all the parts I sent him although at first he denied having the engine ECU, they were sent from southern Spain.
Needless to say despite having had them for 8 months they don't work. I am out of pocket £365 for 2 keys that won't start the bike but now I can refuel it!

The best spin one could put on it is that he is utterly disorganised, keeps no records of what he is sent and in the end can't actually reprogram immobilisers, certainly not the Ducati one anyway, and that his customer service skills verge on nonexistent.

Well done and do you have a Spanish Address?

Thanks for keeping us updated Thumbs Up

PercyProctor
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:43 - 25 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no address but both parcels sent from south east Spain.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 25 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

PercyProctor wrote:

I rated this as funny, because it is. People say such silly stuff all the time. But still, you know the saying: A good lawyer knows the law, an excellent lawyer knows the judge. Although very unlikely in this case.

stinkwheel wrote:
As above, get a recording of him saying that and you effecitvely have him admitting to theft. ie he has your property and is witholding it. Then you go to the police, theft is a police matter.

I'd say that would be embezzlement/misappropriation or fraud. Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 217 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1