Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
In seriousness, the more celebrities/politicians/important Rolling Eyes people get mugged the better. It might make things change faster.

That was my thinking as well Neutral even though a delivery rider getting his bike stolen probably (financially) impacts the individual more. I'm sure McIntyre has a collection of watches and will probably pay cash for a new window...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/546381409340034414/0CCAE39EBDB040CC75849E1552791D08428FDF23/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C637%3A358&composite-to=*,*%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

Look at the state of that £10 note, at least the new plastic ones wont do that . .

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgHe1LUWAAEF0_b.jpg

I see GMP are getting physical in their pursuits. Clapping

Top 2 bikes also recovered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:40 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit like the Met., then:

https://www.facebook.com/metpoliceuk/videos/1790789774311320/

Good.

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
grr666 wrote:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/05/22/4CF0CE9C00000578-5809721-The_force_said_it_was_also_bringing_in_wider_use_of_remote_contr-a-30_1528234840868.jpg

Chosen for its speed Laughing power Laughing Laughing and reliability Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bwhahahahah. 0-60 in under 5 seconds. And those tyres look like they will be smashing 'off road'.

One of those 800cc F700GS 650cc bikes. Rolling Eyes

Take one of them off road on those tyres and you will indeed be smashing it.

Fair shake though, they are actually decent urban tarmac bikes.

As an owner of a genuine brand 800cc F800 I'll second that they're pretty nippy in town, and a better alternative to the R1200 RTP they currently use.

Main reason to post though is baklaf seem to have nicked the home secretary's phone https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5853069/Home-Secretary-Sajid-Javid-reveals-moped-muggers-robbed-phone-outside-Londons-Euston-station.html

Sincerely hope it was his GSI (government issued) handset, if for the luls alone.

Maybe the right people will be leant on to give the police some teeth on this issue now. Maybe.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:49 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, it was a couple of years ago that his phone was stolen and he hasn't managed to do anything about the byklaff scum yet so I wouldn't expect him to do anything now.

Part and parcel, etc etc, kill all byklaff, etc etc, only solution. Thumbs Up

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:59 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Sooner than later I hope.

When it becomes obvious vigilantes have formed because the police have lost any public trust it will either force the police/government to do something to redress OR it will rapidly descend into chaos as the police try harder to arrest vigilantes than the crime boys.

The moment any working class uprising reared its head there would be draconian sentencing and a determined pursuit of every aspect of the lives of the ringleaders.

Tommy Robinson, and the pursuit of his family members by the police is an example of what would happen.

Now - I don't think he has done himself too many favours, but as soon as the EDL he established started showing up in numbers at protests, the police managed to unearth some technical fraud offense about the way he had declared his income on a mortgage application and he was banged up.

Notwithstanding the rather special attention he had been given by the plod (given that if you and I report a burglary, all we can expect is that we get a crime number and a call from some £7 an hour call centre operator from the Victim Support Agency) he was then banged up in a jail with a crowd of hardcore Muslim extremists who promptly removed all his teeth with their feet by kicking his head in.

THAT is what the liberal cabal at the top of our society will do to the leaders of ANY vigilante movement.

In principle I am very much in favour of the idea that crime should be dealt with by the state and that due process be carried out in deciding who has committed offences and in punishing them, but - that requires that the average citizen can see that those who offend against them ARE pursued and ARE brought to justice by the state which claims absolute exclusivity in pursuing malefactors. In our case this nolonger can be said. We are expected to act like sheep and run away and never to fight back. Take the example of the old guy that was robbed and stabbed by that Traveler villain a couple of months back he was arrested on suspicion of murder when he stabbed the burglar who had stabbed him first and the burglar died. Then the scum family were allowed and more or less assisted by police in creating a shrine on his garden fence. He had to leave his home!!!

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:55 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony1951 wrote:
We are expected to act like sheep and run away and never to fight back. Take the example of the old guy that was robbed and stabbed by that Traveler villain a couple of months back he was arrested on suspicion of murder when he stabbed the burglar who had stabbed him first and the burglar died.

That, and much else snipped, is not true.We all have rights, and may apply them. The recent film posted in the press of a "moped gang" in London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXHRG0myfjE

shows the sort of thing that should happen. The police merely said "Members of the public helped".

The "old guy that was robbed and stabbed by that Traveler villain a couple of months back" was in fact Mr Richard Osborn-Brooks, who was not himself stabbed as far as we know, but did stab his assailant it seems with his own weapon, a screwdriver. Mr Osborn-Brooks was indeed arrested, quite rightly, so that the case could be properly investigated, which should happen, shouldn't it. When the facts were known, he was released, again, quite rightly.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:09 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WmY wrote:
Mr Osborn-Brooks was indeed arrested, quite rightly, so that the case could be properly investigated, which should happen, shouldn't it.

Possibly, possibly not, for reasons that I explained at the time but would be happy to repeat again using shorter words and possibly finger puppets.

I'll cheer him on if he does the Met for wrongful arrest. Sadly, he's probably too decent a chap.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:37 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WmY fuck off back to pistonheads you ponce Middle Finger

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:48 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WmY wrote:
tony1951 wrote:
We are expected to act like sheep and run away and never to fight back. Take the example of the old guy that was robbed and stabbed by that Traveler villain a couple of months back he was arrested on suspicion of murder when he stabbed the burglar who had stabbed him first and the burglar died.

That, and much else snipped, is not true.We all have rights, and may apply them. The recent film posted in the press of a "moped gang" in London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXHRG0myfjE

shows the sort of thing that should happen. The police merely said "Members of the public helped".

The "old guy that was robbed and stabbed by that Traveler villain a couple of months back" was in fact Mr Richard Osborn-Brooks, who was not himself stabbed as far as we know, but did stab his assailant it seems with his own weapon, a screwdriver. Mr Osborn-Brooks was indeed arrested, quite rightly, so that the case could be properly investigated, which should happen, shouldn't it. When the facts were known, he was released, again, quite rightly.

Mr Osborne Brooks WAS stabbed with a screwdriver according to reports I read in the press and I believe were also carried on the BBC. UNLESS you know different, which might be possible.

A cursory scan of the internet now reveals no sign of that initial report, so if I am wrong about that, thanks for pointing it out. I didn't dream up that remark, it was going around at the time of the event.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Possibly, possibly not, for reasons that I explained at the time but would be happy to repeat again using...finger puppets.

Yes please Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:42 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Possibly, possibly not, for reasons that I explained at the time but would be happy to repeat again using...finger puppets.

Yes please Smile

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4547997#4547997 and onwards.

https://i.imgur.com/2NWoE6A.png

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:24 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony1951 wrote:

Mr Osborne Brooks WAS stabbed with a screwdriver according to reports I read in the press and I believe were also carried on the BBC. UNLESS you know different, which might be possible.

I have had a close look and can't find anything that states Mr O-B was stabbed.

Note, I am not supporting the dead "burglar".

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:25 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
WmY wrote:
Mr Osborn-Brooks was indeed arrested, quite rightly, so that the case could be properly investigated, which should happen, shouldn't it.

Possibly, possibly not, for reasons that I explained at the time but would be happy to repeat again using shorter words and possibly finger puppets.

Go on, then. I have no idea what you "explained at the time", but I'd be extremely interested to hear your (concise) reasons.

Edit: Please, no, don't bother. I have read " https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4547997#4547997 and onwards". There is no need to write any more.

It is right that Mr O-B was arrested, that's all there is to be said.

It is a great shame though that he feels he needs to move house, go incognito, etc. It's giving some sort of win to the scum who support the miscreant.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 06:44 - 28 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WmY wrote:
Edit: Please, no, don't bother. I have read " https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4547997#4547997 and onwards". There is no need to write any more.

Super, I wouldn't want to waste a second load of pearls.

WmY wrote:
It is right that Mr O-B was arrested, that's all there is to be said.

Ah, splendid. At last we have someone who has personal knowledge of what happened that night.

Since you were there, perhaps you could explain something to me.

After having spoken with him for several hours, and not having arrested him for the actions that he had committed, why did the arresting officer suddenly form a reasonable belief that he had committed a criminal act only at the moment when the pikey did the first decent thing in his life and stopped breathing?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:59 - 06 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

News from the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) wrote:

MAG slams total absence of leadership in the war on motorcycle theft
This version: 2018-07-06

The Motorcycle Action Group has publicly condemned what it sees as a complete lack of leadership, understanding and vision by senior figures responsible for dealing with the epidemic of motorcycle and scooter theft. MAG has vowed to hold the government, senior police chiefs, and the judiciary to account for the deplorably weak response to this national issue. Director of Campaigns & Political Engagement, Colin Brown, has asked “Why is it that criminal gangs can demonstrate a better level of vision, organisation and adaptability than those whose job it is to protect us as law-abiding citizens?”

The national disgrace that is the ever-escalating lawless nature of this country has affected many areas of society. The motorcycling community is one that has been hit hard and yet it would seem is one that does not deserve the protection of the state. Few can have escaped seeing the news reports if not being directly affected by the lawless behaviour of gangs of criminals on stolen motorcycles and scooters. In London the very highly publicised attacks on members of the public and celebrities alike, with violence regularly featured, fill the newspapers. Less well reported nationally are the criminal gangs of anti-social riders that terrorise communities, placing people at risk of serious injury as they mount pavements and practice stunt riding on the public highways on a daily basis.

Colin said “Behind all this criminality is the epidemic of motorcycle theft that fuels and enables the behaviour. As I heard one wise police officer comment; ‘these people are not the type who go out to their local dealership to buy, register, tax and insure a motorcycle.’ We are not likely to be rubbing shoulders with them at a local charity run unless they are there to steal our bikes.

“Despite all the spin and Home Office Roundtable initiatives that claim to be dealing with the issue and even to having it all under control, the main point raised by the motorcycling community has still not been heard. The decision-makers have never ridden a bike and focus purely on the outrageous behaviour towards what they see as ‘normal’ people.”
MAG has a very simple solution to all the criminality: deal with the theft of motorcycles. Moped gangs would be reduced to being just gangs if they cannot source machines; anti-social riders can only be antisocial kids on foot if they are not riding bikes. Take away the new tool of their trade and they suddenly become less capable of breaking the law and far easier to apprehend.

Colin Brown went on to say: “The police are constantly asking for partnership-working due to the pressures on their resources, yet despite repeated offers they generally don’t want to work with us. We engaged with the Home Office Roundtable process but, again, despite repeated offers we were not actively engaged in any of the task and finish groups. The only people at the table with first-hand knowledge of the real face of motorcycle theft and the realities of what victims are suffering were excluded from the process. This has resulted in our view in a massive tick-box exercise that has not come close to tackling the problem.”

At the end of 2017 MAG attempted to collate details on the national picture, to understand the true face of the crime across the country. Freedom of Information (FOI) requests were sent to every police force in the UK. A simple question was asked: how many motorcycles have been stolen each year over the last 3 years? Shockingly 34% of police forces failed to give any response to the request, despite the fact that they have a legal obligation to do so. Three of the responding forces said that they did not record motorcycle thefts separately from other vehicle types, and could not therefore say how many had been stolen.

Colin Brown says “We are repeating this exercise with all UK police forces, asking how many motorcycles were stolen in 2017, how many were recovered, and how many criminals were charged with theft of a motorcycle. If we do not receive responses we will be referring those forces to the Ombudsman. We are also asking all local authorities how many secure motorcycle parking bays they provide, what their spending has been on secure parking infrastructure and what their budget is for 2018. From this data we will identify areas where there needs to be closer scrutiny, and we will then examine the response to the issue and planned action in that location. We will demand that independent advisory groups are set up to hold the senior officers and local authorities accountable. We will make our findings public and, where necessary, lobby local PCC’s and MP’s until action is taken.
“The time for platitudes, spin and box-ticking is at an end. We demand meaningful action and we demand it now.”

Contact MAG at 01926 844 064 or central-office@mag-uk.org
ENDS

Watch out, we got a FOIing badass over here. Shocked

They're going to hold the judiciary to account? Well, I'd certainly like to see it. How do?

The time for platitudes, spin and box-ticking is at an end. BCF demands meaningful action from MAG and we demand it now.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 06 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
News from the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) wrote:

MAG slams total absence of leadership in the war on motorcycle theft
This version: 2018-07-06

The Motorcycle Action Group has publicly condemned what it sees as a complete lack of leadership, understanding and vision by senior figures responsible for dealing with the epidemic of motorcycle and scooter theft. MAG has vowed to hold the government, senior police chiefs, and the judiciary to account for the deplorably weak response to this national issue. Director of Campaigns & Political Engagement, Colin Brown, has asked “Why is it that criminal gangs can demonstrate a better level of vision, organisation and adaptability than those whose job it is to protect us as law-abiding citizens?”

The national disgrace that is the ever-escalating lawless nature of this country has affected many areas of society. The motorcycling community is one that has been hit hard and yet it would seem is one that does not deserve the protection of the state. Few can have escaped seeing the news reports if not being directly affected by the lawless behaviour of gangs of criminals on stolen motorcycles and scooters. In London the very highly publicised attacks on members of the public and celebrities alike, with violence regularly featured, fill the newspapers. Less well reported nationally are the criminal gangs of anti-social riders that terrorise communities, placing people at risk of serious injury as they mount pavements and practice stunt riding on the public highways on a daily basis.

Colin said “Behind all this criminality is the epidemic of motorcycle theft that fuels and enables the behaviour. As I heard one wise police officer comment; ‘these people are not the type who go out to their local dealership to buy, register, tax and insure a motorcycle.’ We are not likely to be rubbing shoulders with them at a local charity run unless they are there to steal our bikes.

“Despite all the spin and Home Office Roundtable initiatives that claim to be dealing with the issue and even to having it all under control, the main point raised by the motorcycling community has still not been heard. The decision-makers have never ridden a bike and focus purely on the outrageous behaviour towards what they see as ‘normal’ people.”
MAG has a very simple solution to all the criminality: deal with the theft of motorcycles. Moped gangs would be reduced to being just gangs if they cannot source machines; anti-social riders can only be antisocial kids on foot if they are not riding bikes. Take away the new tool of their trade and they suddenly become less capable of breaking the law and far easier to apprehend.

Colin Brown went on to say: “The police are constantly asking for partnership-working due to the pressures on their resources, yet despite repeated offers they generally don’t want to work with us. We engaged with the Home Office Roundtable process but, again, despite repeated offers we were not actively engaged in any of the task and finish groups. The only people at the table with first-hand knowledge of the real face of motorcycle theft and the realities of what victims are suffering were excluded from the process. This has resulted in our view in a massive tick-box exercise that has not come close to tackling the problem.”

At the end of 2017 MAG attempted to collate details on the national picture, to understand the true face of the crime across the country. Freedom of Information (FOI) requests were sent to every police force in the UK. A simple question was asked: how many motorcycles have been stolen each year over the last 3 years? Shockingly 34% of police forces failed to give any response to the request, despite the fact that they have a legal obligation to do so. Three of the responding forces said that they did not record motorcycle thefts separately from other vehicle types, and could not therefore say how many had been stolen.

Colin Brown says “We are repeating this exercise with all UK police forces, asking how many motorcycles were stolen in 2017, how many were recovered, and how many criminals were charged with theft of a motorcycle. If we do not receive responses we will be referring those forces to the Ombudsman. We are also asking all local authorities how many secure motorcycle parking bays they provide, what their spending has been on secure parking infrastructure and what their budget is for 2018. From this data we will identify areas where there needs to be closer scrutiny, and we will then examine the response to the issue and planned action in that location. We will demand that independent advisory groups are set up to hold the senior officers and local authorities accountable. We will make our findings public and, where necessary, lobby local PCC’s and MP’s until action is taken.
“The time for platitudes, spin and box-ticking is at an end. We demand meaningful action and we demand it now.”

Contact MAG at 01926 844 064 or central-office@mag-uk.org
ENDS

Watch out, we got a FOIing badass over here. Shocked

They're going to hold the judiciary to account? Well, I'd certainly like to see it. How do?

The time for platitudes, spin and box-ticking is at an end. BCF demands meaningful action from MAG and we demand it now.

When Ste makes his Hyper-Jump to Forum MOD (Speciality: Policing new member activity).

All will be well.

Mibby.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:51 - 06 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That MAG news, is it for immediate release?

Yay know, like what courts do with dindu?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:58 - 06 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
That MAG news, is it for immediate release?

Yay know, like what courts do with dindu?

There's no embargo.

There's no embargo! Pale
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2