Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rynne
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:34 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Well, now's the time to ride one, before you come to your senses. Wink

How's the insurance on it?

Really quite reasonable. In the region of 300 quid per year fully comp! only a fiver more per month than what I was paying on the CBF500. I know this is probably quite high for a few of you older fellas but compare than to my fiat punto insurance at 900 tpft! bargain!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rynne wrote:
thanks for all the tips guys!

My friend is picking it up for me today and I cannot wait to ride it around the drive way to get a feel for it! Mod 2 tomorrow so if all goes well, will be able to find a nice bit of motorway to try it out tomorrow! Mr. Green

Ive sat on a few supersports to see how they feel and found the ZX6R to be one of the comfiest! A lot of people complain about back pain on supersports but im only 22 so I still have a few years left in my back so i dont reckon comfort will be much of an issue

Look after your back today and it will look after you later in life.

Cnuts who moan about back pain when 50 never took care at 20. 😊

It's the same for hearing. Hearing drops off as you age. So you won't notice you're dief until it's too late.
Spend a few quid on professionally fitted earplugs. And use the fckirz. 👍

Some back injury can be corrected but hearing loss is normally a one way trip.

Edit: good luck on the mod 2 and have fun on the 600. 😎

Jim Mc
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:27 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out on my 600 the other day for a jolly, first time I've taken it for a good thrashing, first bend I opened her up on I hit gravel, back end went out, whole thing went wobbly, shat myself and decided never again.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:43 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't ideal around town at slower speeds, you will likely find some discomfort in forearms and back.
The riding position is balanced by wind blast at higher speeds.

Doing proper shoulder checks is harder, be careful about getting in bad habits and lazy with this, especially after a long run when you are getting tired and stiff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:48 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below 8K it wont feel much faster than what you were on tbh. Get used to how it handles and brakes, then give it a fistfull through the gears on a nice straight road. Get used to the acceleration, it will become normal all too fast.

Bikes are an odd thing as its entirely subjective.

Went up the in sports CCs till i was on a fireblade, rode that a few years then sold it for a 750 supermoto style V twin that tops out at 115mph. But it gets there bloody fast and in the 40/80 mph range is the most fun i have had on two wheels.
Plus i love not having to slow to a crawl for speed bumps (everywhere near me) or potholes.Perfect road bike for me and will be until i can afford a 1290R Twisted Evil .

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:04 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Mc wrote:
first bend I opened her up on I hit gravel, back end went out, whole thing went wobbly, shat myself and decided never again.

Thus my issues with track bikes on $CURRENT_YEAR roads. Dirt-track bikes would be handier.

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy it, mate. Very Happy

Going super fast is super fun and the front getting light in most gears is exciting too.

Couple of tips I'd like to have read before making the switch.

I'd suggest pretending you've got a Mod 1 coming up and practice some of the slower speed manoeuvres. 180 degrees on a tiny roundabout can be a challenge on a bigger bike. Drag that clutch!

Try not to get stuck nose first downhill. Moving the bike backwards isn't easy if you're as weak as me. I did this on a busy road in rush hour. Front wheel against a high kerb and I couldn't peddle backwards up the camber in the road. Very embarrassing.

Also, get used to your widest part (wing mirrors, or belly, in my case) so you know how much filtering you can win.

blue_painted
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 11 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My (old) ZX6R had special plastic boxes under the seat labelled "resonator" just to make the induction howl better -- you have to love the honesty.

Stepping up from LC350 to ZX6R the big difference was going way too fast into a corner "oh my god I'm going to die" and pushing that bit harder on the bars to at least to try to get round ... and bike's response was "Meh, fuckin' amateur, I can do far more than this ..."

It was also fun beating the shit out of BMW 5 Series wankers ...

The only useful bit of advice: My ZX6 had typical Kawasaki brakes, great for slowing down from naughty-speed, but felt like scaffold pole through the front wheel sub 50mph ... treat with care!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:17 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Let us know if you die, it'll cheer Tef up no end.

OP hasn't been back; OP is dead. OP didn't let us know he's dead. What a cunt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:29 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Let us know if you die, it'll cheer Tef up no end.

OP hasn't been back; OP is dead. OP didn't let us know he's dead. What a cunt.

OP is probably having too much fun to waste his time on forums Laughing

Especially if he has found the warp drive at 11k Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2