Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Zontes firefly 125i cutting out

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Callumrayb
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:37 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Zontes firefly 125i cutting out Reply with quote

Hello there, my recently bought zontes firefly 125i is cutting out of I rev it, warming it up for 30 minutes before each ride usually fixes the issue but it seems to be getting worse and worse. As I get to a traffic light and clutch while changing down gears it simply cuts out and won't yurn over until I switch it off for 5 seconds. Very frustrating. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Another thing, does anyone know what this valve is?
https://imgur.com/HJVooDL

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:01 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That valve looks pretty much like the petrol tap.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:06 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's a fuel tap, leading down to a fuel filter, possibly aftermarket. I'm guessing that this bike has been pre-abused by another owner?

From the fuel tap, I'd also guess that it's an older carb model rather than the new fuel injected one.

If so, what, if anything, are you doing with the choke when you start up and ride off?

Callumrayb
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:09 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Yup, that's a fuel tap, leading down to a fuel filter, possibly aftermarket. I'm guessing that this bike has been pre-abused by another owner?

From the fuel tap, I'd also guess that it's an older carb model rather than the new fuel injected one.

If so, what, if anything, are you doing with the choke when you start up and ride off?

I don't think it's aftermarket, the previous owner did not take care of this bike at all. And I'm sure it's efi as where the carb should be there's a rubber housing that says efi on it. Maybe it's a bent fuel line?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:21 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urgh. If it's EFI then it could be just about anything. Tap, filter, hose, pump, injector, temperature sensor (if it has one), lambda sensor (if it has one), throttle position sensor, all or none of the above.

I'd be checking that all electrical connections are secure, then (no joke) looking for an OBD socket if it's a Euro4-bollocks compliant bike.

Callumrayb
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:07 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp... I'm gonna take it to the dealer on Friday I'll update on what they say.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1