Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Single Bike Shed / Structure

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MilesH
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Single Bike Shed / Structure Reply with quote

I'm looking for an affordable bike shed or structure to house a single bike (Aprilia Shiver) can anybody advise on a good but affordable option?

I have a good Oxford cover but am looking for something more structural.

All the ones I've found have been on the high side price wise.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends, what do you consider "affordable"?
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use hollow sofit board, cheap as chips, easy to work with , zero maintenance and waterproof, just nail to a light wooden frame. A 5 metre x 300 mm sheet costs around 13 quid and can be sealed along its T&G length with silicon for roof applications https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=soffit+board&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=14129048555&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_64coditd7w_e

MilesH
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Depends, what do you consider "affordable"?

£2-300 or less of course Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MilesH
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonzoomer wrote:
I use hollow sofit board, cheap as chips, easy to work with , zero maintenance and waterproof, just nail to a light wooden frame. A 5 metre x 300 mm sheet costs around 13 quid and can be sealed along its T&G length with silicon for roof applications https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=soffit+board&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=14129048555&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_64coditd7w_e

I like your idea!

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilesH wrote:

I like your idea!
I have built many sheds , summer houses using this material, bonus is the white colour reflects the heat in summer and the double skin stops condensation in the winter, self sealing except when used as a roof which a couple of tubes of silicon solves, looks the part as well.

Brendan110_0
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a yardmaster shed from Argos Thumbs Up Well worth the £150 and a day putting it together.

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brendan110_0 wrote:
Get a yardmaster shed from Argos Thumbs Up Well worth the £150 and a day putting it together.
Rust city both for shed and bike , pay no more than 3 quid for a brand new one.

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:19 - 10 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, build your own. You can buy materials cut to order and delivered from most timber yards mate. For a fraction the cost of a mass produced shed.

I take possession of the ground floor flat in my building on monday with written permission to build a 10x20 foot wooden garage/workshop round the back.I had quotes in the £2K range for a made to order shed in that size.By doing it myself i can build it to a much higher quality than a bought DIY kit.
My budget is much higher at £900 but thats including double skinning, insulation 18 mm shiplap cladding over 18mm marine ply walls ect.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 10 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're looking into buying a 10ft shipping container for similar purposes, but budget around a grand rather than £300!

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 10 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
We're looking into buying a 10ft shipping container for similar purposes, but budget around a grand rather than £300!

I'm sure you neighbours will love you Laughing

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:21 - 10 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, it's in a shared carpark for flats so nobody really cares all that much, we're actually offering to share it with a couple of other bikers from other flats. The real hurdle is getting it past the property management company.

The joys of motorcycle security within the m25 without a garage!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 315 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1