Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Want to earn £10k? Gain 5 stone then lose it in 6 months

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:09 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Want to earn £10k? Gain 5 stone then lose it in 6 months Reply with quote

Easy money?

"We’re recruiting a member of the public to put on five stone in 3 months then lose it in 3 months and we will pay you £10,000 to do it!

We’ve launched this to showcase that losing a considerable amount of weight is possible in a short space of time, after the UK was revealed as the most overweight country in Western Europe. It might seem like an unrealistic venture, but we’ve partnered with our top personal trainers to help you achieve this goal.

Candidates need to be 18 years old or older and able to attend PT sessions at least five times a week. You must be willing to do whatever it takes and capable of completing all types of activities, such as cycling, swimming and boxing.

You will be required to eat an extra 3,500 calories a day approximately in the three month ‘weight gain’ period. However, this will be dependent on your body type, height, gender and age, which will be accessed at the start. The process will be completed in a safe manner under the supervision of your GP and personal trainer.

The successful candidate will be required to have a check-up at their doctors prior to putting on weight to ensure they are healthy to do so. If your GP does not agree you are physically or emotionally fit to take on this challenge, we have the right to terminate the contract immediately.

A 5% advance of the £10,000 will be given to the selected applicant at the start of the process and will receive the remaining balance once they’ve successfully lost the weight at the end of the six months."

https://www.bark.com/blog/

Laughing

They give you £500 after you've gained five stone. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:29 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which doctor is going to agree that it's safe for anyone to gain 5 stone in weight? (apart from anorexics, obviously.)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:36 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Which doctor

https://i.imgur.com/1Cpdkqd.jpg

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine managed to lose 5 stone in 6 months, he's dead now, he had cancer.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
A friend of mine managed to lose 5 stone in 6 months, he's dead now, he had cancer.

Want to rate as funny... but not sure.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way am i putting the fat back on!!!!

I lost a shed load of weight in less than 1 month it was simply by not being able to eat!
I went from almost 16 stone to 11.8 stone
(an infected wisdom tooth and long recovery did this)

If you wanna loose weight stop eating Laughing

Last edited by woo on 09:31 - 14 Jun 2018; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:42 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Which doctor

https://i.imgur.com/1Cpdkqd.jpg

<Hadiza-Bawa-Garba.png>

But yes, that seems well suspect. I doubt even Dr Pepper would agree to oversee someone putting on 70lbs in 90 days then starving it off. Maybe...

https://josefmengeleevil.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/7/1/48715979/7586165.jpg?205

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:03 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Re: Want to earn £10k? Gain 5 stone then lose it in 6 months Reply with quote

Quote:
You will be required to eat an extra 3,500 calories a day

Anyone know a flexible doctor who'll sign a document for a small fee consisting of 5% of £10k?

Razz

Also; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2507184/I-lost-nearly-2-stone-24-HOURS-Sport-scientist-proves-rapid-weight-loss-IS-possible-youre-prepared-exercise-wearing-bin-bags-eat-carbs-drink-nothing.html

5 stone loss in 6 months averages 2.68lb a week. That's not too terrible physiologically. Especially if you way in after a decent few meals and weigh out having been eating only a little high calorie density food and dehydrated.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:22 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

its double, you have to loose the 5 stone in three months...

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:27 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh; that's definitely pushing it a tad!
Ironically, probably relatively 'more healthy' for someone already quite overweight - so they won't be losing such a high percentage of fat when they are nearing their goal.

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

piss easy.

On 31st May was 76.5kg. Today, 13th June I am 81.9kg.

Almost completely immobile for the previous couple of weeks and eating 5/6 meals a day means I've packed on the pounds.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do it, but I don't want to.

Basically, I'd just eat what I eat every day, and stop exercising to put the weight on. But, Sick no thanks.

I guess an out of work method actor might do it. Robert De Niro did it for Raging Bull.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current thinking around obesity is that the variety (or lack) in an individual's gut biome is what influences how your body processes and stores nutrients. Check out fecal transplants. Simple gluttony is probably not the usual cause of obesity, so force-feeding a healthy person excess calories for a short period and then dieting/exercising it off again won't reflect the typical obese person. Aren't there numerous actors who have done this for a role? Pointless exercise medically, but probably a cynically useful example for diet and gym companies to use.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:13 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calories in Vs Calories out is the be-all and end-all.

The psychological aspects controlling that is another matter - and how those are affected by gut bacteria and so on.

Actors often do it in reverse - can't remember the name, but saw a documentary about a concentration camp film they did that with the main actor - he slowly lost weight for a year before the film or whatever, then they filmed it in reverse while he put weight on, which is much easier to do quickly, of course.

Last edited by G on 19:49 - 13 Jun 2018; edited 1 time in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:55 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
its double, you have to loose the 5 stone in three months...

Just half the ratio of your stomach-to-mouth gearing.

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking codeine would help. Eat more, shit less.
Then for the next 3 months, swap to a laxative and eat less.

Or as mentioned, just a little bit of cancer would help.

https://4.images.southparkstudios.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-14/1403/south-park-s14e03c04-microwaving-your-balls-4x3.jpg?width=100%&height=100%&quality=0.8

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I twice lost 2 stone* in an hour. Easy.

Mind you I wouldnt want to do it again.

* each time it comprised of an 8 pound baby, loads of water, blood, sweat and a large alien being, known as a placentoid. Oh yes and all my dignity. Gagged Gagged

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
I twice lost 2 stone* in an hour. Easy.

Mind you I wouldnt want to do it again.

* each time it comprised of an 8 pound baby, loads of water, blood, sweat and a large alien being, known as a placentoid. Oh yes and all my dignity. Gagged Gagged

Same happened with me but instead of babies it was penis reduction

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a few pounds in the Rainpal® venture capital prospect so I'm in. Thumbs Up

(Joking)

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd need to put on more than half my current 9st soaking wet body weight Shocked Shocked Shocked

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR

Last edited by oldpink on 09:26 - 15 Jun 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
King29 wrote:

Want to rate as funny... but not sure.

It's funny. Very Happy

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost over 10 stone with my cancer, I went from a VERY fat Bustard to a moderate fat Bustard. Very Happy

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 17 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped four stone, but it took nearly a year.

5 stone is 70lbs. 3500 calories per pound of fat. So that’s 245,000 calories to lose. So over the 90 day weight loss, 2722 deficit.
So basically if you didn’t eat at all for that 90 days and you have a perfect average metabolism of 2500 calories burnt, you would still have to put in gym time.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 17 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
I dropped four stone, but it took nearly a year.

5 stone is 70lbs. 3500 calories per pound of fat. So that’s 245,000 calories to lose. So over the 90 day weight loss, 2722 deficit.
So basically if you didn’t eat at all for that 90 days and you have a perfect average metabolism of 2500 calories burnt, you would still have to put in gym time.

If your maths are correct then that is hilarious

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line is all you'll see of the £10k is the initial 5%. And have a trashed body/health to show for it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 275 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2