Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Has anyone used Principal Insurance?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Davemc37
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:19 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Has anyone used Principal Insurance? Reply with quote

They’ve come out cheapest for me approaching my first renewal some £40 cheaper than Mce and with a £300 xs compared to mce’s £575.

They also offer breakdown cover for an extra £65 which without looking at the fine print yet seems reasonable?

Has anyone got any feedback on their service or policy?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:32 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no issues with Principal on my CBR600RR, however Autoaid is probably better value for breakdown.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:37 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for them if they're cheapest as that's pretty much all there is too it when it comes to choosing insurance. Laughing

Sixty five squid for breakdown cover doesn't sound amazing but it depends on what restrictions and stupid small print there is.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're Carole Nash Mk2 as far as I know.

They're a broker that operates a panel of insurers so policy and coverage wise, along with who is handling your claim - anyone's guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:43 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2 for AutoAids. Any vehicle (bikes over 150cc, campervans under 2500kg), self and partner, £42 or thereabouts.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Principal were fine with me but then I never had to put in a claim

2Hondas
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently with Principal, never made a claim with them.
Just had the renewal though though, and i'll be leaving them unless they can perform a miracle over the phone.

I'd been away from biking for a while, so my no-claims bonus had expired. Despite that, last years insurance with Principal was £278, with legal cover and nothing else, fully comp.

This years renewal they want £352, even though I've now got a years no-claims.

A quick confused.com search showed I could get the same cover (Edit: Both with Zenith) with the same excess, plus helmet and leather cover AND breakdown cover AND personal accident cover, for £303 with motorcycle direct.

If they had just left the price the same and not tried to be greedy, i'd have probably just auto-renewed.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:37 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

£15 cashback if you take out a new policy with Confused.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/confused-motorbike-insurance/

[shameless spam]

If you don't have an account with topcashback then when signing up, if you use my referral link then it would make me happy. It doesn't affect how much cashback you get, it just means I get a few free pounds. https://www.topcashback.co.uk/confused-motorbike-insurance/

2Hondas
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste, after checking on confused.com I checked direct with Motorcycle Direct for the same cover and it came out at £303.

Less monies leaving my account for me, but no cashback monies for you i'm afraid.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used and shopped elsewhere when they quoted me unhappy a year later.

Brokers are the wank of Insurance.

(I think there is one giant broker in control of it all and all the different broker names are just to fool the Japs and the Germans.)

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 14 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
They're Carole Nash Mk2 as far as I know.

They're a broker that operates a panel of insurers so policy and coverage wise, along with who is handling your claim - anyone's guess.

I thought that was JMI (Just Motorcycle Insurance).

Not that it matters a flying fuck. Unless you have an expensive machine you actually might need to claim on, it's just cheapest for legalities you go for.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1