Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Photo hosting.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Photo hosting. Reply with quote

What is everyone using these days to host and post images since the great photobucket fuck over? I think I can still access my old photobucket account and see the images, but is it best to start a new account with Image shack or Flickr etc?

I'm going to start taking pictures for my project or money pit and want to stick them up in case anyone is bored or daft enough to view them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:31 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use imageshack but they went the same way as photobucket so now I use

https://postimages.org/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I used to use imageshack but they went the same way as photobucket so now I use

https://postimages.org/

Thanks for making that easy! Don't know why, but I had trouble signing into some other sites (Ste said my Macbook was punishing me for going Apple Laughing ).
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:02 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

imgur.com

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

the great photobucket fuck over??

Please explain....

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:15 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using google photos for now.

It's a little bit of a workaround but you essentially share the album then open the share link either after logging out of google or in a private/ingognito browser window. Then view the pictures and right-click, copy image address and paste the result into image tags as usual.

It gives you a HUGE address but it does work.

Like https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5jrS9gq7pjNO-oDvJOf0E56KqQ8NXKKmXHu4zdpLryYzHJAegI7XjMUpUiMGs_SRhi7tMZ_laMOTVU6ZN848RZmDGIoFScQCrTccan6dfGQYTah5Y1z7z6rqRxoTHwd9AgSmc_JmYA=w812-h609-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5jrS9gq7pjNO-oDvJOf0E56KqQ8NXKKmXHu4zdpLryYzHJAegI7XjMUpUiMGs_SRhi7tMZ_laMOTVU6ZN848RZmDGIoFScQCrTccan6dfGQYTah5Y1z7z6rqRxoTHwd9AgSmc_JmYA=w812-h609-no

If you are logged into google when you copy the address, it'll give you a different address that only works for you.

If you're using internet explorer, it's fiddlier you have to right click, image properties then highlight and copy the address from the popup box.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:24 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:

Please explain....

Photobucket blocked all their free and most of their paid for accounts from hotlinking images to other websites, they took the images down and demanded an exorbiotant fee of several hundred dollars per year for the minimum account that included image hosting.

So you could look at your photos on photobucket but not share them elsewhere.

This broke milions of threads and websites all across the internet. Effectively replacing all images that were hosted on photobucket with an "account limited" logo.

Oddly enough. It has never done this with any of my images. They have continued to show up throughout this debacle. I did have a paid for account but I've let it lapse because I now no longer trust them. So I can no longer access it but all my historic online content still works for now.

They appear to have relented somewhat recently. Much of the content that was effectively removed is now working again. However, they have already pissed on their chips. I used to pay them for my account but I no longer trust them to continue hosting my images so even if they went back to how it was, they have permanantly lost my custom.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Courier265 wrote:

Please explain....

Photobucket blocked all their free and most of their paid for accounts from hotlinking images to other websites, they took the images down and demanded an exorbiotant fee of several hundred dollars per year for the minimum account that included image hosting.

So you could look at your photos on photobucket but not share them elsewhere.

AH, thanks for that, I haven't used my account for 3 years, I just bunged
photo's on there to share with my family in the USA.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your photobucket photos aren't showing, via "img" links, if you can be bothered, edit the "img" links and add "~original" to the link, after the ".jpg", (.jpg~original), all your old photos will now appear as they used to.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 278 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1